Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oooh, an open letter :lol: :lol: :lol:  That'll show him!

Published simultaneously across three of the nationals. It will get attention which is all it is designed to do.

What are you doing to fight for the future of NUFC?

Everything seems too ineffective or a waste of time. Of course he’s not going to sell based on a letter or a line protest but news flash - a lot of people don’t know what’s happening outside of the NE and any iota or pressure however incremental is worth it. It doesn’t even matter if he doesn’t see it - bishop will, his shareholders. This myopic thinking is infuriating and you can stick your smilies up your arse.

Published simultaneously across three of the nationals. It will get attention which is all it is designed to do.

There has been plenty of noise making in the last 6 months.  Unless the fans who still go to SJP wake up and stop going, nothing will change.

Guest chopey

This

The pen is mightier than the sword.............................however a Molotov cocktail !!!

There has been plenty of noise making in the last 6 months.  Unless the fans who still go to SJP wake up and stop going, nothing will change.

Down tools lads. The message is out there now! The prophet has spoken!

Guest Howaythetoon

From what I’ve learned the more senior players at the club back then towards the end of Sir Bobby’s time - and Shearer was the most senior of those players as club captain - were not happy with Sir Bobby’s management of the less senior younger lads. There was no backstabbing though. The likes of Shearer didn’t want Sir Bobby replaced, no-one did. Fans, chairman, senior players or any of the younger players.

Everyone just wanted things to be how they were, a United dressing room, competing at the top end of the table and in Europe exciting the vans with attacking football. Bobby didn’t lose the dressing room, he just allowed the dressing room to become cliques and divided resulting in everyone losing the plot.

By his own admission he let certain players get away with too much towards the end and some of those players took full advantage of that with a certain behaviour and attitude which clashed with the behaviour and attitude of some of the senior players, the chairman’s philosophy that Rolls Royce wages should produce Rolls Royce players and for fans professionalism and fight on the pitch.

By their own admission too the likes of Dyer took the piss and Shearer has since said many a time he regrets not being more understanding and supportive of Sir Bobby, Shepherd said as much as well. I know as a fan I regret a lot of my own criticism of Bobby back then. I don’t think I ever wanted him out though and I don’t think any of us wanted that really either.

The biggest mistake was officially announcing that season would be his final season which for Bobby basically opened the doors for everyone and everyone to do as they please where he eventually lost control of the team, from players refusing to play in a certain position or the captan getting the hump at being benched for a player the chairman bought over Bobby’s head because he was a big name player to fans losing faith in the manager.

He was a dead man walking as soon as the club announced officially that would be his final season.

Looking back, Bobby could have handled the younger players better and the senior players could have done more to reunite the dressing room. Fans could have showed more patience and the chairman could have handled his leaving much better.

When you’re winning, it’s all good. When you aren’t, that’s when some things can turn bad.

Robert not tracking back or training hard or Bellamy gobbing off or Dyer partying doesn’t matter if you’re winning.

When you’re losing though and things aren’t going so well, if you’re Shearer who gives it everything and has served the club so well whose standards on and off the pitch he’s judged by... who can blame him having the hump when Kluivert rocks up unfit, undedicated and uninterested.

Who can blame Gary Speed getting the hump going into training every day training hard and trying to look after the likes of Viana when across the training pitch Kieron Dyer is mocking the manager’s drills behind his back, egged on by others in his clique.

Bobby lost the plot and so did the club.

The club should have been building towards moving him upstairs and using his vast knowledge and contacts to bring in a successor to build on all the good work.

That’s what normal people would do, normal clubs. But this is NUFC :lol:

Guest The Little Waster

Another open letter is both pointless and pathetic

I know it is really annoying to read someone belittling the effort with the open letter, but I bet a lot of people will have a similar opinion on it.  Ultimately, protests outside Sports shops, protests outside SJP, open letters nor twitter accounts are going to get Ashley out if the average match going Newcastle fan still blindly trundles along on a Saturday and takes their seat. 

Basically, until a majority of match going fans wake up and start to take action, Ashley is not going to leave.  I don't go to SJP any more and have no intention to until things change, so I can't really make a difference personally.

Criticising fans who are doing something about it is worse

I don't think it was necessarily the wrong time for Robson to go - the team was certainly not performing that well (we finished 5th on 56 points in 03/04 - the points total being a fairer reflection of the performance than the league position) and expectations were obviously higher then (and rightfully so).  The bigger mistake was not appointing a good manager after Robson.

It just isn't, is it?  If you're getting upset at my post then maybe you have reservations about the letter as well cos ultimately, if you genuinely believe in the strength of the open letter then someone mocking it really shouldn't matter.  I strongly believe it isn't going to make a jot of difference and my flippant post happened in part because the letter is just another example of noise and no action. 

People shouldn't be afraid of making criticisms of how the fan groups are going about their business.  The litmus test is really what the match going fans think and well basically, the fan groups are failing. 

Guest firetotheworks

Remind me what you're doing about the situation again?

Guest firetotheworks

It just isn't, is it?  If you're getting upset at my post then maybe you have reservations about the letter as well cos ultimately, if you genuinely believe in the strength of the open letter then someone mocking it really shouldn't matter.  I strongly believe it isn't going to make a jot of difference and my flippant post happened in part because the letter is just another example of noise and no action. 

People shouldn't be afraid of making criticisms of how the fan groups are going about their business.  The litmus test is really what the match going fans think and well basically, the fan groups are failing.

You as well. What are you doing about Ashley?

The litmus test is really what the match going fans think and well basically, the fan groups are failing. 

The fan groups are 'failing' because the drones are saying everything they do is pointless, and therefore won't take part.

I know it is really annoying to read someone belittling the effort with the open letter, but I bet a lot of people will have a similar opinion on it.  Ultimately, protests outside Sports shops, protests outside SJP, open letters nor twitter accounts are going to get Ashley out if the average match going Newcastle fan still blindly trundles along on a Saturday and takes their seat. 

Basically, until a majority of match going fans wake up and start to take action, Ashley is not going to leave.  I don't go to SJP any more and have no intention to until things change, so I can't really make a difference personally.

Of course you can but part of a collective. Mass abstinence was organised for people and it was rejected so they are back at square one. Getting press across 3 national newspapers is anything but pathetic. It’s the same thinking that criticised the banner outside his house because ‘he wouldn’t see it from the other side of the wall’ I suppose metoo was just a hashtag n all.

The litmus test is really what the match going fans think and well basically, the fan groups are failing. 

The fan groups are 'failing' because the drones are saying everything they do is pointless, and therefore won't take part.

Yeah, so the fan groups should really make it a priority to educate the drones.  The drones don't read the broadsheets.

Ultimately it’s about how Mike Ashley reacts. Criticism is not valuable if it’s constructive. Yous isnt.

Guest firetotheworks

Also the "you aren't doing anything so you don't get a say" sounds awfully familiar to "you've never been a Premier League footballer so you can't criticise the players" reasoning.

You are a fan and you're on about a group of fans. It's completely different and a completely justifiable question to ask of you. No one's saying you don't get a say, but you're in no different a position to anyone in any of the fan groups and could easily join and make suggestions yourself.