Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We’re the 19th richest club in the world apparently. First time in a few years that we’ve made the top 20 list.

Not bad considering our Matchday and Commercial revenue i’m assuming are nowhere near the levels of 2007-2008!!

In fact we should have seen this aspect of the business grow by at least 40%in the last 11 years

It’s simply staggering incompetence

This is one of the main reasons I want Kenyon. Even if he is struggling to raise the funds to buy us, he has a proven track record of growing clubs commercially so I’d expect us to improve that aspect of the club hugely.

I really don’t get why he’s not pressed more on where the TV money is going. Nobody is asking him to use his own money.

Looking forward to seeing the next set of accounts.

Its interesting that with the threat of this being raised in parliament, he caved and invited her to meet him. But, then it seems he told her this too...

Mr Ashley said the club can only spend what it generates but, as I’ll say in the debate, that is a form of austerity economics — a club needs investment to reach its potential.”

As you say, he isn't even spending that or allowing the manager to have it to spend.

The threat of Rafa walking away without 2 signings has only prompted talk of two unknown loan signings.

The whole thing is just rotten, and the more exposure it gets, the more pressure hopefully piles on him.

Guest neesy111

Why did wages go up so much? I don’t buy it.

Few things:

1) We do have a relatively high wage expenditure, don't think the club manages that side well nowadays.  We were paying Ritchie 65k in the championship apparently.

2) Writing off contracts of players that won't be used anymore. e.g.  Colback, Saviet, lazaar.

3) Bonuses etc.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

they can legitimise the termination within the parameters of employment law.

I have to strongly dispute this. You can't just terminate someone who is good at their job and then prove that's legitimate at tribunal. Especially if you've offered them a new contract! AND done it to everyone else on the payroll too. :lol:

Like I said earlier, I've been through this twice myself. Successfully. Once against one of the biggest North East employers who thought they could bully their staff and that nobody would dare stand up to them.

You simply cannot change someone's contract without their permission.

Anyway, Ashley's a cunt. Let's get back to something we all agree on!

Trust me, it's a real thing. If you don't believe me, go and have a look on the ACAS website, or google 'terminate and re-engage'.

But I agree that we shouldn't be talking about this anymore!

19th richest club in the world...where the fuck has the money gone. It's an absolute disgrace

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I really don’t get why he’s not pressed more on where the TV money is going. Nobody is asking him to use his own money.

Looking forward to seeing the next set of accounts.

Its interesting that with the threat of this being raised in parliament, he caved and invited her to meet him. But, then it seems he told her this too...

Mr Ashley said the club can only spend what it generates but, as I’ll say in the debate, that is a form of austerity economics — a club needs investment to reach its potential.”

As you say, he isn't even spending that or allowing the manager to have it to spend.

The threat of Rafa walking away without 2 signings has only prompted talk of two unknown loan signings.

The whole thing is just rotten, and the more exposure it gets, the more pressure hopefully piles on him.

The article is great and all, however it misses the point that we're not asking him to invest any of his personal wealth. We're asking him to invest the money that the club itself has generated, which we know is substantial enough for us to be one of the 20 richest clubs on earth. What this definitely shows is that they all still think they've done a good job, which just really beggars belief

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11615263/deloitte-football-money-league-2019-real-madrid-richest-ahead-of-barcelona-and-manchester-united

Newcastle among the top 20. Our salaries must be significantly lover than the other clubs on the list. We are a revenue machine for Mike Ashley. He will never sell.

Biggest year on year revenue growth of any club in the money league, made £178.5million an increase of £92.8 million

Why would he

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11615263/deloitte-football-money-league-2019-real-madrid-richest-ahead-of-barcelona-and-manchester-united

Newcastle among the top 20. Our salaries must be significantly lover than the other clubs on the list. We are a revenue machine for Mike Ashley. He will never sell.

Biggest year on year revenue growth of any club in the money league, made £178.5million an increase of £92.8 million

Why would he

To be fair. In this context. 300-350 million doesn´t come across as crazy money for the club.

I think that's me done, I was going to wait till the end of the season and say my goodbyes to St James park but I don't think I can sit in my seat anymore with this parasite owning my club and taking the piss out of me.

Interesting piece in the Chron by Parrish of Crystal Palace.  He says Ashley doesn't care about getting relegated because it doesn't hurt him financially

Well this needs some explanation...

The cost of relegation had always been borne by the club as those loans.

So far the relegations have only hurt the club not him unfortunately.

What time is the debate in parliament scheduled for?

Ashley won't let the club spend the money that it generates itself. That cash will be moved out of the club, by various 'legal' accounting means and either into MASH or Sports Direct. He's got the club by the balls and he knows it.