Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Interesting piece in the Chron by Parrish of Crystal Palace.  He says Ashley doesn't care about getting relegated because it doesn't hurt him financially

Well this needs some explanation...

The cost of relegation had always been borne by the club as those loans.

So far the relegations have only hurt the club not him unfortunately.

That's true but he loses very good marketing with sports direct when we get relegated.

Interesting piece in the Chron by Parrish of Crystal Palace.  He says Ashley doesn't care about getting relegated because it doesn't hurt him financially

That's true but he loses very good marketing with sports direct when we get relegated.

Aye, that he does but he always backs his ability to get the club back up by having the largest payroll.

Which is testament to the fact he knows running us on a shoestring is to the club's overall detriment.

Broken record I know but everyone has to stop going and explain to people they can't support him and the way he runs the club.

When are we next on telly in the UK?

I'm taking sweepstakes on which expert pundit will be the first to say we should be thanking Ashley for making us debt free (I know we're not )and one of the wealthiest clubs in the world.

My money is on Danny Murphy.

Reading Chi Onwurah's comments on her Ashley meeting just confirms all our fears and hatred of him. He really thinks every penny the club generates is his money, and therefore he shouldn't need to invest it back in to the club. Such an awful parasite, we are stuck with him until he dies.

Reading Chi Onwurah's comments on her Ashley meeting just confirms all our fears and hatred of him. He really thinks every penny the club generates is his money, and therefore he shouldn't need to invest it back in to the club. Such an awful parasite, we are stuck with him until he dies.

Hopefully that's sooner rather than later but knowing our luck he'll live till he's 90.

Well he owns the club as far as I know so how doesnt that hurt his investment in it? He wouldnt have been able to recover the loaned money if we hadnt got promoted.

Well he owns the club as far as I know so how doesnt that hurt his investment in it? He wouldnt have been able to recover the loaned money if we hadnt got promoted.

That's the point Kasper he always gambles we can be promoted and as we see today, slowly recoup his "loan" accordingly.

It's why I believe it would take a sustained spell in the lower leagues to get rid of him.

That's the point Kasper he always gambles we can be promoted and as we see today, slowly recoup his "loan" accordingly.

It's why I believe it would take a sustained spell in the lower leagues to get rid of him.

So he has lost money but has been able to recover it so far. No guarantees that will continue to be the case.

So he has lost money but has been able to recover it so far. No guarantees that will continue to be the case.

This is the gamble he takes. And it's of course leveraged by the countless millions he's taken back in free advertisements.

Guest neesy111

We essentially need to stay down and for people to stop putting money into the club, then it'll hurt him financially.

From the Chronicle comment section on the parliamentary debate

this woman doesn't even know what a football looks like! Then again, they do say that, as an MP, keeping yourself in the public eye can help you win votes at the next election!

Reality check. Mike AShley is running a business, in business you try to make a profit. Would spending £100 million generate more profit. NO, just paying over rated footballers

This woman is an idiot. He may not be ploughing money in now but to suggest that Ashley has not invested at all since buying the club is just plain ridiculous.

If she feels so strongly about it she should follow Ashley's advice and sink all of her cash into it.

It's always the people who don't have the financial risk who keep insisting that someone else should take more risk.

No matter what you think of Ashley - It's a business. If you put another 100 million into in players it you need to get an ADDITIONAL hundred million back above your regular income. Finishing top 10 will get us an extra , what, 12 million above where we are now?

We all know what he is and I'm pretty sure the Crinkle won't publish the words, but business is business.

ReplyShare40

2 hours ago

toolbag

Why is she getting involved ?. She’s an MP not a sports analyst !!!!

ReplyShare3 replies68

2 hours ago

grumpyget

Point scoring mate.

ReplyShare40

1 hour ago

Billbobagins

Fook off this has nothing to do with MACAMS go and blog on MAJA'S sale

ReplyShare1 reply50

1 hour ago

grumpyget

Mackems? Whos the mackem? Born in NE28, live in NE5 and support NE1 4ST.

We have some absolute gammons supporting this club.

From the Chronicle comment section on the parliamentary debate

this woman doesn't even know what a football looks like! Then again, they do say that, as an MP, keeping yourself in the public eye can help you win votes at the next election!

Reality check. Mike AShley is running a business, in business you try to make a profit. Would spending £100 million generate more profit. NO, just paying over rated footballers

This woman is an idiot. He may not be ploughing money in now but to suggest that Ashley has not invested at all since buying the club is just plain ridiculous.

If she feels so strongly about it she should follow Ashley's advice and sink all of her cash into it.

It's always the people who don't have the financial risk who keep insisting that someone else should take more risk.

No matter what you think of Ashley - It's a business. If you put another 100 million into in players it you need to get an ADDITIONAL hundred million back above your regular income. Finishing top 10 will get us an extra , what, 12 million above where we are now?

We all know what he is and I'm pretty sure the Crinkle won't publish the words, but business is business.

ReplyShare40

2 hours ago

toolbag

Why is she getting involved ?. She’s an MP not a sports analyst !!!!

ReplyShare3 replies68

2 hours ago

grumpyget

Point scoring mate.

ReplyShare40

1 hour ago

Billbobagins

Fook off this has nothing to do with MACAMS go and blog on MAJA'S sale

ReplyShare1 reply50

1 hour ago

grumpyget

Mackems? Whos the mackem? Born in NE28, live in NE5 and support NE1 4ST.

We have some absolute gammons supporting this club.

Yeah, Sunderland had a deservedly bad rep for iy but christ the north east in general is a gammon embarrassment