Newcastle United 0-1 Bournemouth - 04/11/17 - post match reaction from page 27

Greg

Harry Arter goading fans when they scored. Absolute prick.

I don't like Arter but we've got players who do the same like

May do - can't say I've noticed. But it was completely at odds with the atmosphere the game was played in. As bewildering as it was unsavoury.

Gayle's definitely done it a few times

Not long back in. First game of the season for me. Disappointing result and performance. We lack real quality up top and we seemed to lose our shape when Perez came on. Proper investment needed badly in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Joselu is utter shite, but Manquillo - Atsu on the left isn't helping. So many attacks break down because they seemingly cannot communicate with each other and just stand there waiting for the other to make a move. Manquillo being one of the worst players I've ever seen play for us in the PL obviously doesn't help.

Doesn't help that he's not even a left back. Not that I'd expect much more from him on the right flank.

Manquillo is fucking woeful. An absolute shambles of a footballer- I'm sorry, but he can fuck off and deserves all the abuse he gets. Switched off for the first goal Spurs scored vs us, was woeful at Huddersfield, absolute dogshit for Southampton's first goal vs us, on Monday night somehow allowed that pass into the box that led to their goal (his angles were atrocious), and today he was a total liability. Has no ability on the ball either. Seriously, how the c4nting hell did he play for Atletico and Liverpool?

We were poor, but I thought in the 2nd half Bournemouth were really clever. In fact all through the match they had clearly targeted our weaknesses (which are our Full Back's; get the ball in behind them) and it was very hard for us to deal with. They played the ball well into the channels and counter attacked very well at speed. We were very fortunate not to be behind from a goal on the break. We kept getting caught in midfield, and I was a bit surprised we didn't drop our ST's back deeper to compensate and soak up pressure a bit easier that way. Nonetheless, we created some good chances we didn't take- although I haven't seen Gayle's goal on TV, but it didn't seem offside even from the back of the Gallowgate.

It sounds incredibly harsh, but Murphy looks absolutely lost out there. It's unfair to judge him on only snippets of minutes, but each time he's come on he's only looked to serve as a weakness or total blandness to our attack. We missed Atsu a lot, he was our way of getting out in the final 20mins.

Perez absolutely fucking shite once again. Yedlin = lots of hard work, recovers very quickly, defensively OK, but no end product. Hayden/Shelvey very good but we still miss Merino in there- he would have been just what we needed today, someone to take the sting out of the game and help us control the ball better. Joselu can't be faulted for effort but I'm sorry he's not getting many if any more than 5 goals this season. As I said when we signed him, £5m for a reason...

Overall, absolutely fucking gutted at that. Especially in the final minute. Days like these I really wish football/NUFC didn't mean so much to me, I just can't take loses like this. Totally miserable. However, we're due a bumpy patch, and realistically this is the way it's going to be for the season.

Contrary to what every fan in this country has been fed for decades now; the standard of this league is bang fucking average, just like our team. So, imo, we will be fine (mainly because we have a world class manager). Far worse teams than us in this league, but we're still so far away from where this club really should be. Reality is depressing.

That was a Rafa game for me. He's a margins guy, and due to how good he is more often than not his margins work out.

Quite clearly doesn't trust a lot of the players at his disposal therefore the ones he's flogging will not be able to maintain performances or physical fitness.

Manquillo is fucking woeful. An absolute shambles of a footballer- I'm sorry, but he can fuck off and deserves all the abuse he gets. Switched off for the first goal Spurs scored vs us, was woeful at Huddersfield, absolute dogshit for Southampton's first goal vs us, on Monday night somehow allowed that pass into the box that led to their goal (his angles were atrocious), and today he was a total liability. Has no ability on the ball either. Seriously, how the c4nting hell did he play for Atletico and Liverpool?

We were poor, but I thought in the 2nd half Bournemouth were really clever. In fact all through the match they had clearly targeted our weaknesses (which are our Full Back's; get the ball in behind them) and it was very hard for us to deal with. They played the ball well into the channels and counter attacked very well at speed. We were very fortunate not to be behind from a goal on the break. We kept getting caught in midfield, and I was a bit surprised we didn't drop our ST's back deeper to compensate and soak up pressure a bit easier that way. Nonetheless, we created some good chances we didn't take- although I haven't seen Gayle's goal on TV, but it didn't seem offside even from the back of the Gallowgate.

It sounds incredibly harsh, but Murphy looks absolutely lost out there. It's unfair to judge him on only snippets of minutes, but each time he's come on he's only looked to serve as a weakness or total blandness to our attack. We missed Atsu a lot, he was our way of getting out in the final 20mins.

Perez absolutely fucking shite once again. Yedlin = lots of hard work, recovers very quickly, defensively OK, but no end product. Hayden/Shelvey very good but we still miss Merino in there- he would have been just what we needed today, someone to take the sting out of the game and help us control the ball better. Joselu can't be faulted for effort but I'm sorry he's not getting many if any more than 5 goals this season. As I said when we signed him, £5m for a reason...

Overall, absolutely fucking gutted at that. Especially in the final minute. Days like these I really wish football/NUFC didn't mean so much to me, I just can't take loses like this. Totally miserable. However, we're due a bumpy patch, and realistically this is the way it's going to be for the season.

Contrary to what every fan in this country has been fed for decades now; the standard of this league is bang fucking average, just like our team. So, imo, we will be fine (mainly because we have a world class manager). Far worse teams than us in this league, but we're still so far away from where this club really should be. Reality is depressing.

Good post, but the bit in bold is what stood out. I'm the same. Obviously nobody genuinely stopped caring or we wouldn't all be on here, or going to games, talking endlessly about NUFC. But there have definitely been numerous points in the last decade where upon losing I didn't feel much and I can't be alone. Even celebrating scoring felt hollow. I've definitely got that feeling back, nervous as fuck all match, can't face not watching the game and losing fairly ruins my week. :lol: Not helped by the games coming only once a week in this league I reckon. We're not good enough at the moment but at least I care. These ups and downs are what sport is all about, not just trudging along accepting your place and doing the bare minimum.

Only one man is responsible for that turnaround, and though he won't get it right every time I'll always be grateful for it. :thup:

Manquillo is f***ing woeful. An absolute shambles of a footballer- I'm sorry, but he can f*** off and deserves all the abuse he gets. Switched off for the first goal Spurs scored vs us, was woeful at Huddersfield, absolute dogshit for Southampton's first goal vs us, on Monday night somehow allowed that pass into the box that led to their goal (his angles were atrocious), and today he was a total liability. Has no ability on the ball either. Seriously, how the c4nting hell did he play for Atletico and Liverpool?

Perez absolutely f***ing s**** once again. Yedlin = lots of hard work, recovers very quickly, defensively OK, but no end product. Hayden/Shelvey very good but we still miss Merino in there- he would have been just what we needed today, someone to take the sting out of the game and help us control the ball better. Joselu can't be faulted for effort but I'm sorry he's not getting many if any more than 5 goals this season. As I said when we signed him, £5m for a reason...

Overall, absolutely f***ing gutted at that. Especially in the final minute. Days like these I really wish football/NUFC didn't mean so much to me, I just can't take loses like this. Totally miserable. However, we're due a bumpy patch, and realistically this is the way it's going to be for the season.

Contrary to what every fan in this country has been fed for decades now; the standard of this league is bang f***ing average, just like our team. So, imo, we will be fine (mainly because we have a world class manager). Far worse teams than us in this league, but we're still so far away from where this club really should be. Reality is depressing.

Good post, but the bit in bold is what stood out. I'm the same. Obviously nobody genuinely stopped caring or we wouldn't all be on here, or going to games, talking endlessly about NUFC. But there have definitely been numerous points in the last decade where upon losing I didn't feel much and I can't be alone. Even celebrating scoring felt hollow. I've definitely got that feeling back, nervous as f*** all match, can't face not watching the game and losing fairly ruins my week. :lol: Not helped by the games coming only once a week in this league I reckon. We're not good enough at the moment but at least I care. These ups and downs are what sport is all about, not just trudging along accepting your place and doing the bare minimum.

Only one man is responsible for that turnaround, and though he won't get it right every time I'll always be grateful for it. :thup:

Yeah spot on, the result and performance definitely changed my mood today and it was probably reflected in my posts on here after/during the game. It's something I'd like to change as it's pretty inconvenient having a Saturday become almost a write-off cause we didn't play well  :lol: It was easier under Pardew etc as we were so rubbish I was more easily apathetic, but now I'm emotionally invested deeply again and it genuinely bothers me atleast for the remainder of the day.

Absolutely fucking terrible after a really positive first 35 minutes.

Perez fucking infuriates me at the minute, a complete wimp of a footballer. He shirked out of a shot when in a great position at 0-0 because he thought he might get clattered, fuck off with that. No idea what Rafa was thinking bringing Murphy on, the lad clearly has no confidence and consistently bringing him on in games where we are chasing/needing a goal isn’t going to do anything for him.

Thought Lejeune was excellent today; Ritchie, Gayle, Atsu and Shelvey okay and everyone else dogshit. Manquillo absolutely terrible, it’s worrying that Dummett is going to play frequently for us again when he’s back - desperately need Gamez or Mbemba playing LB.

Their goal was coming and the manner that they scored was totally fucking ridiculous. That fucking free kick we had just before they broke and got the corner - what a fucking shambles.

We’ll survive and finish top section of the bottom half but fucking hell we need this takeover.

Good post, but the bit in bold is what stood out. I'm the same. Obviously nobody genuinely stopped caring or we wouldn't all be on here, or going to games, talking endlessly about NUFC. But there have definitely been numerous points in the last decade where upon losing I didn't feel much and I can't be alone. Even celebrating scoring felt hollow. I've definitely got that feeling back, nervous as fuck all match, can't face not watching the game and losing fairly ruins my week. :lol: Not helped by the games coming only once a week in this league I reckon. We're not good enough at the moment but at least I care. These ups and downs are what sport is all about, not just trudging along accepting your place and doing the bare minimum.

:thup: Was just coming on to say what a fucking terrible mood I'm in. Great stuff.

Thought first half was decent. Agree with a lot of comments but don't understand the lack of concern that we're losing to the "lesser" sides home and away and have the real big guns to face yet. I would consider our fixtures as a reintroduction to the PL up to this point to be fairly undaunting, much worse to come .

That was a Rafa game for me. He's a margins guy, and due to how good he is more often than not his margins work out.

Quite clearly doesn't trust a lot of the players at his disposal therefore the ones he's flogging will not be able to maintain performances or physical fitness.

He has to change it though it's not working. We have been beaten four times off very average teams due to the fact we can't do the most important thing and putting the ball into the back of the net. Joselu, Perez, Manquillo have been woeful but they keep getting significant game time. Got to hope that the takeover happens before the January window as come January we will be back near the bottom. No doubt he is a top class manager but his team selection currently is bewildering due to the level of performance from the named players keep putting in game after game.

Atmosphere from the corner and gallowgate was one of the worst I've ever heard today at all.

I was in the Leazes/East corner and the atmosphere was well edgy at times. Seems like the worse the perception of the opposition, the shorter the patience with our team and the higher the expectation the other team will just roll over.

Guest reefatoon

Atmosphere from the corner and gallowgate was one of the worst I've ever heard today at all.

The team need to lift the crowd, but that second half was vile. Can't blame the fans for being fucked off like

Well organised. Solid at the back but never look like troubling the opposition. It's boring to watch, but with the players we have, I'm not sure what else there is to do.

Take it you turned up at half time.

Guest neesy111

Shelvey and Hayden aren't the CM partnering we need going forward.

Our midfield isn't creating anywhere near enough chances for our strikers.  Can complain about the individual performances by our strikers but they aren't getting any chances.  Look at the chances we had today either from set pieces or long shots.