West Bromwich Albion vs Newcastle United - 28/11/17 @ 8pm

Stifler

“I think the fans have been really good all season,” said Benitez. “But maybe, after this, a lot of them will realise it’s not a question of players or what system we play, it is about sticking together because we will have more problems.

“This is what we have. We have a team of young players and they are working hard. It will be tough, but I still think we are in a good position.

“If my target for the first half of the season is 20 points and we have 14, we have to be sure we use these next six games to get those points and then try to improve in the second half of the season. We have to learn in the Premier League, that if you make one mistake…”

“I think the fans have been really good all season,” said Benitez. “But maybe, after this, a lot of them will realise it’s not a question of players or what system we play, it is about sticking together because we will have more problems.

“This is what we have. We have a team of young players and they are working hard. It will be tough, but I still think we are in a good position.

If my target for the first half of the season is 20 points and we have 14, we have to be sure we use these next six games to get those points and then try to improve in the second half of the season. We have to learn in the Premier League, that if you make one mistake…”

That should be manageable. West Brom we probably need to take something not just for the obvious reason of needing points on the board but to settle the fanbase down, stop this awful run we're on and look forward to the double home header against Leicester and Everton as we probably won't get owt at Chelsea.

“If my target for the first half of the season is 20 points and we have 14, we have to be sure we use these next six games to get those points and then try to improve in the second half of the season. We have to learn in the Premier League, that if you make one mistake…”

The last paragraph is something I’ve been thinking over the last week or so. We are only 2 wins away from from our half season target. We have a few games before we get to the half way point and a few realistic opportunities to get those points. Even if we ddin’t, we certainly arn’t far away from it, and it wouldn’t be an unrealistic ambition to make up for it in the 2nd half of the season with some new arrivals (even if it’s just a forward). This is one of the reasons why we shouldn’t panick.

Win.

I'd start with Gayle.

I wouldn't. He's a good finisher but he disappears if he isn't given decent service. We can't afford any passengers at the minute and he doesn't do enough work or have the hold-up play for a team that's struggling. I remember Cisse was often a passenger towards the end of his time here for similar reasons, with games just passing him by. Sure you can blame the service, but we need someone who can make the ball stick up front and relieve some pressure, and/or chase down defenders and defend from the front.

I'd go with Mitro and Perez, back to the 4231 that was getting us results. If you have no attacking quality, all you can do is make yourself hard to beat and hope you can nick enough games 1-0 to keep your head above water.

Win.

I'd start with Gayle.

I wouldn't. He's a good finisher but he disappears if he isn't given decent service. We can't afford any passengers at the minute and he doesn't do enough work or have the hold-up play for a team that's struggling. I remember Cisse was often a passenger towards the end of his time here for similar reasons, with games just passing him by. Sure you can blame the service, but we need someone who can make the ball stick up front and relieve some pressure, and/or chase down defenders and defend from the front.

I'd go with Mitro and Perez, back to the 4231 that was getting us results. If you have no attacking quality, all you can do is make yourself hard to beat and hope you can nick enough games 1-0 to keep your head above water.

Shelvey and Merino are capable of feeding him with through balls and he's more likely to score than any of our other forwards.

Almost into December and this is the 1st time this season one of our away games won't have been shown live on Sky/BT.

Think it'll be an awful spectacle mind.

At least our defeat at the weekend will be :anguish:

:thup:

:thup:

He's made a few pointed references to our fans losing their shit on social media - abusing players, this "442 will solve everything" mentality also. The man should be listened to.

Guest firetotheworks

I think it's fair to say that there's a lot more to it than fans think, like. The good thing about Rafa is that I imagine when people ask 'Why is Joselu/Manquillo playing?' or 'why don't we try 442?' most fans would actually listen to his answer and accept it. He has the managerial clout to be able to do that, I think it's important that people keep that in mind as well. He's not always going to get it right, but I think most are willing to let go of the reins a little bit where his decisions are concerned.

I think it's fair to say that there's a lot more to it than fans think, like. The good thing about Rafa is that I imagine when people ask 'Why is Joselu/Manquillo playing?' or 'why don't we try 442?' most fans would actually listen to his answer and accept it. He has the managerial clout to be able to do that, I think people need to remember that. He's not always going to get it right, but I think most are willing to let go of the reins a little bit where his decisions are concerned.

Yep. I don't really care about starting elevens anymore. Sure, I have opinions but at the end of the day, I trust Rafa.

I think it's fair to say that there's a lot more to it than fans think, like. The good thing about Rafa is that I imagine when people ask 'Why is Joselu/Manquillo playing?' or 'why don't we try 442?' most fans would actually listen to his answer and accept it. He has the managerial clout to be able to do that, I think people need to remember that. He's not always going to get it right, but I think most are willing to let go of the reins a little bit where his decisions are concerned.

Yep. I don't really care about starting elevens anymore. Sure, I have opinions but at the end of the day, I trust Rafa.

Same.

Almost into December and this is the 1st time this season one of our away games won't have been shown live on Sky/BT.

Think it'll be an awful spectacle mind.

At least our defeat at the weekend will be :anguish:

Expecting our usual Stamford Bridge humiliation there which makes tomorrow night's game even more important.

Same.

Yup

I think it's fair to say that there's a lot more to it than fans think, like. The good thing about Rafa is that I imagine when people ask 'Why is Joselu/Manquillo playing?' or 'why don't we try 442?' most fans would actually listen to his answer and accept it. He has the managerial clout to be able to do that, I think it's important that people keep that in mind as well. He's not always going to get it right, but I think most are willing to let go of the reins a little bit where his decisions are concerned.

That's it for me in a nutshell. It frustrates me no end when I see Joselu starting ahead of Mitrovic, but in reality we don't really have any good strike options, so swapping them might not actually make that much difference. I think from what I've seen of Rafa, it's what's happening at the other end of the pitch which will be bothering him more.