West Bromwich Albion vs Newcastle United - 28/11/17 @ 8pm

Stifler

I know it's Wraith (who knows less than us according to some), but maybe there are some big changes in the team tonight?

Benitez said as much himself.  Think we'll see at least a couple.

I know he talked about the need to rotate when playing 2 games in 3/4 days, it sounds (or I'm hoping) like the tweets alluding to a surprising change. Probably not tbh.

Where’s the best away fan beer then?

The pub outside New Street station?

There's a Wetherspoons about 5 mins walk from the station. We went there last season when we played Birmingham and it was pretty good. West Brom were playing Arsenal on the same day and there were a few West Brom fans in and it was a canny atmosphere.

square peg i think its called

Where’s the best away fan beer then?

The pub outside New Street station?

There's a Wetherspoons about 5 mins walk from the station. We went there last season when we played Birmingham and it was pretty good. West Brom were playing Arsenal on the same day and there were a few West Brom fans in and it was a canny atmosphere.

square peg i think its called

:thup: Cheers, will head there next

4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 and I'd start Gayle and look to counter - their CBs are physical but not the quickest. It's just important that someone suitable plays behind Gayle, otherwise he gets no service.

Same. Lets try and be solid defensively and look to get in behind their defence. Need everyone playing to their best tonight too but we can do this.

4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 and I'd start Gayle and look to counter - their CBs are physical but not the quickest. It's just important that someone suitable plays behind Gayle, otherwise he gets no service.

Flaw in this plan of course is that not a single player in our squad is a good option playing just off Gayle.

Elliot

Yedlin  Lejeune  Clark  Mbemba

Hayden  Merino

Murphy      Ayoze          Ritchie

Mitro

or

Elliot

Yedlin  Lejeune  Clark  Gamez

Hayden  Merino

Murphy      Ayoze          Ritchie

Gayle

Flaw in this plan of course is that not a single player in our squad is a good option playing just off Gayle.

Diame  O0

I'm not usually one for advocating chucking players into random positions but I actually do think Merino would be good foil as a #10 for Gayle. Not that that's totally random, considering where he plays for the u21s. Strong & smart enough on the ball and always looking for early passes, his pressing could be very handy up top too. But his work in midfield is so good that it's hard to not keep him there when we're so easily exposed at the back. Shelvey in a highly-specific gameplan could work there but, you're right, not many options.

I think 4-3-3 suits us the most, tbh. Not that it's suddenly going to turn us into a great side or anything, I just think it gives us the best balance.