Chelsea 3-1 Newcastle United - 02/12/17 - post match bickering from p23

BlueStar

Guest firetotheworks

It's possible to think Ritchie is an average to poor PL player you know. That doesn't always equate to "he's fucking wank he's trash, sell him".

It's also possible to just talk absolute shite (not you btw). [emoji38] Saw a comment about him being a 'caveman footballer' ffs. It's not isolated either, re selections, tactics and Rafa in general, some people go on like reshuffling the seats on the Titanic would have stopped it from sinking, it's proper embarrassing. Pre match everyone agreed that Joselu needed dropped - dropped - Yedlin was at fault for a few goals - dropped. Yet Diame starts and people concentrate on that, or can't accept that playing Shelvey against a far superior team who'll be attacking all game might not be the best idea. I think of myself as being one of the most pessimistic, miserable cunts going and even I'm surprised by some of the comments, like.

Guest Howaythetoon

In midfield/up front it should be the following:

———-Hayden Shelvey

——Murphy Merino Atsu

————-Gayle

Is leaving Shelvey out such a bright idea?

Depends who the alternative is

Well today it was Mo Diame. Next week it could be Hayden, the week after Colback if he licks Rafas arse.

Really shouldnt be sat on the bench for the amount of time he has been. What has he done largely to upset Rafa.

Slightly frustrated that we started really positively, took the lead, then seemed to stop pressing and moving the ball quickly, in hindsight it was probably a better choice to keep it up rather than sit off as Chelsea looked a bit sloppy early on.  It's always difficult against sides of that quality though so maybe it wouldn't have made a difference.

Ritchie at wing back was a disaster and hopefully we won't see that again.  Lejuene looks really slow over the first couple of yards and doesn't appear to have the anticipation to make up for it at the moment. I'm hoping he'll come good but i don't think there are many signs he will.  Diame was abysmal, i've said this a few times but he should never start as he looks knackered after half an hour every time he does, please never again Rafa!

Positives were -

Darlow - Made a couple of saves that Elliott definately wouldn't have.  If he can cut out the crazy errors from last season he's our best option.

Manquillo - Did ok i thought, looks much better at RB.  Waiting for someone to point out every mistake he made though  :lol:

Gayle - Another goal and 90 mins.  Our best finisher looks fit again.

Murphy - Wasted a couple of good counter attacks but there's definitely something there and he seems to be realising he can do it in the top division.

I'm know i'm clutching at straws a bit with those positives but i think it's important not to get too down about losing away to the Champions.

Guest firetotheworks

I can see why Shelvey didn't start, I'm struggling to see why Diame starts ahead of Hayden though. I missed the first half and some have said he was fine like.

He really was, he served his purpose then should have come off later on. Merino was arguably worse, but that doesn't align with any narrative about who players are overall.

Guest Howaythetoon

Fucking Souness saying if we get into the relegation zone, the crowd will heap pressure on the players, fuck off and have another heart attack you cunt.

Guest neesy111

I can see why Shelvey didn't start, I'm struggling to see why Diame starts ahead of Hayden though. I missed the first half and some have said he was fine like.

He really was, he served his purpose then should have come off later on. Merino was arguably worse, but that doesn't align with any narrative about who players are overall.

:thup:

I still think he's absolutely reckless in his play.

Guest Howaythetoon

Shelvey gets away with so much s**** which people would pull diame up on instantly.  He gives the ball away so much.

He gave it away about 5 times after coming on/or dily dallied on the ball.

f***ing Souness saying if we get into the relegation zone, the crowd will heap pressure on the players, f*** off and have another heart attack you c***.

Any player at any club should be feeling a fuck ton of pressure if they're in the relegation zone.  :lol:

Guest neesy111

:thup:

I still think he's absolutely reckless in his play.

He tries to play forward unlike most of our other players, bound to give it away a bit.

His first touch today almost give them a goal.

But narratives and all that.

Guest Howaythetoon

f***ing Souness saying if we get into the relegation zone, the crowd will heap pressure on the players, f*** off and have another heart attack you c***.

Any player at any club should be feeling a f*** ton of pressure if they're in the relegation zone.  :lol:

He was saying from the crowd though.