FA Cup 2017/18 - 4th round draw: Chelsea (a) - on BT @ 1:30pm 28/01/18

Disco

I thought the same but nufc.com says Chelsea fans paid £15 to go to Carrow Road, so it is a bit shan to say the least. Means Chelsea are making £180k rather than £90k from Norwich fans for this fixture, which seems utterly pointless for a club like them when they could have returned the favour.

I thought the same but nufc.com says Chelsea fans paid £15 to go to Carrow Road, so it is a bit shan to say the least. Means Chelsea are making £180k rather than £90k from Norwich fans for this fixture, which seems utterly pointless for a club like them when they could have returned the favour.

FA Cup gates are split 45% each and the away team has to agree to the pricing so Norwich don't miss out financially.

FA Cup gates are split 45% each and the away team has to agree to the pricing so Norwich don't miss out financially.

:thup: Sorry, it occurred to me as I hit post that I was forgetting about something re gate revenue being split.

Regardless of any of that, it would have made sense for Chelsea to have sold tickets to Norwich fans for the same price their fans paid.  Any opportunity to give fans a break on costs should be taken up by clubs.

:thup: Sorry, it occurred to me as I hit post that I was forgetting about something re gate revenue being split.

Regardless of any of that, it would have made sense for Chelsea to have sold tickets to Norwich fans for the same price their fans paid.  Any opportunity to give fans a break on costs should be taken up by clubs.

Absolutely. 

It was good to see Spurs laid on the same deal as we did -  £10 for adults, £5 for kids at Wembley. Similar attendance to us as well.

From .com

Having regularly suffered at the hands of cynical TV schedulers for Premier League games this season, exactly the same fate has befallen Newcastle fans planning to attend their FA Cup Fourth Round tie. 

BT Sport have selected our visit to either Norwich City or Chelsea for live transmission, resulting in a new time slot of 1.30pm on Sunday January 28th.

The Magpies will learn their opponent when Chelsea face City at Stamford Bridge in a Third Round replay next Wednesday (17th) live on BBC1.

Regardless of their destination though, scheduled rail engineering work means that away travellers will be struggling to reach either venue that Sunday.

Newcastle fans already face a Sunday trip to the capital the following week, Sky's selection of our fixture at Crystal Palace making it a 2.15pm start at Selhurst Park on February 4th. They're all t***s.

• 2 weeks later...

Do people think a club member would have a chance of snagging a ticket against either potential opposition?

Given the date shift, I would say it’s more than likely.

Looking at .co.uk it doesn't give a sale date for members. Do people think it will only go as far as season ticket holders? God knows why I even have the urge to go to this other than proximity.

decent range for me this but £30 a ticket ffs  :undecided:

I considered 70 miles decent range. Then I started searching trains. I'd need to leave at 7:45am for a 5 hour journey incorporating four changes, heading home at 6pm for a 4 hour 40 minute hour journey with five changes. Paying at least £66 for the privilege, in the knowledge multiple legs of said journey will be a replacement bus service. :lol:

British rail. :slowclap: