Newcastle United 0 - 1 Everton - 13/12/17 - Post-surrender reaction from page 13

Dave

Where the frig is Saivet by the way? I'm not having that he's worse than what Hayden & Shelvey have been the last month or so.

He was a winger originally anyway wasn't he? Even McClaren who signed him didn't play him so maybe that was just one of those you write off as a massive scouting misjudgement.

End of the day we could easily have been 2 up at halftime, must be pretty deflating for the players as well as the fans to go behind in that way. Similar to the Bournemouth game in that we could easily have gone in a couple of goals up at half time. Thin margins really but win those and things would be completely different. We just seem cursed lately. Add that to our lack of quality and this is what can happen.

End of the day we could easily have been 2 up at halftime, must be pretty deflating for the players as well as the fans to go behind in that way. Similar to the Bournemouth game in that we could easily have gone in a couple of goals up at half time. Thin margins really but win those and things would be completely different. We just seem cursed lately. Add that to our lack of quality and this is what can happen.

As a staunch atheist, I've come to think this is also the case. The Bournemouth decision of ruling Gayle's goal offside incorrectly started this mess. I need to find the Sunderland fan who has a voodoo an NUFC voodoo doll and keeps putting pins in there.

Have no idea where our next points are coming from. Them performances against Liverpool and Southampton seem light years ago. Find it hard to hate on the players but they’re simply not good enough.

A serious lack of investment in the summer needs fixed in January else there’s only one place this team is heading.

Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez: "The way we played and chances we had it was unbelievable to be losing 1-0 at half time. We made a mustake. n the second hakf its difficukt to manage. everton were jusat wasting time, maybe long balls that could catch us in a bad psition.

"In this case Jonjo Shelvey's red card is different (from his one on the opening day of the season) but still it is a red card. We maybe lose him for a couple of games.

On when he needs to know his transfer budget: "As soon as possible but I don't know when. We have the money from the summer window - I think we have some money but I need to know how much."

Guest neesy111

Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez: "The way we played and chances we had it was unbelievable to be losing 1-0 at half time. We made a mustake. n the second hakf its difficukt to manage. everton were jusat wasting time, maybe long balls that could catch us in a bad psition.

"In this case Jonjo Shelvey's red card is different (from his one on the opening day of the season) but still it is a red card. We maybe lose him for a couple of games.

On when he needs to know his transfer budget: "As soon as possible but I don't know when. We have the money from the summer window - I think we have some money but I need to know how much."

WAT

Darlow - capable of pulling off great saves, but equally as likely to make an error. Can see why Benitez wanted a keeper with mistakes resulting in goals conceded.

Yedlin - poor defensively when the ball comes over the top/diagonally, during this run has committed a number of times without success creating either goals against or chances created against us. Good runs going forward, but likely to expose our centre back if he loses the ball.

Lejeune - position can be poor, at times unable to make an interception, but is decent with the ball at his feet. Consistently looking for a long ball in recent games.

Atsu - can be decent when running direct, at times overplays the ball or loses possession easily. Poor at reading the game.

Team has a lack of options going forward when the ball is between our 18 yard box and the half way line. Some nice play today when the ball came from the wings to Gayle who laid the ball off quickly to either Diame or the opposite winger. We actually can commit bodies into the box, but its unlikely that the ball will reach them as we don't have a lot of quality getting the ball into the final third. Crying out for a 10 that can link play and create chances. Lascelles needs to play - with serious investment in January if we are to beat the drop.

As a staunch atheist, I've come to think this is also the case. The Bournemouth decision of ruling Gayle's goal offside incorrectly started this mess. I need to find the Sunderland fan who has a voodoo an NUFC voodoo doll and keeps putting pins in there.

:lol: I trace this run being down to the Bournemouth game mainly and that decision as the moment everything went to shit pretty much.

:lol: It does cheer me up reading some of the posts on here after a defeat.

It’s like people didn’t watch the game but decided to chew on dishwasher tablets before posting.

:lol: I got the kind which have the softener built in, adds flavour.

The usual 20 minute drive to the ground took an hour an 40 minutes with radge traffic from Heworth. Nearly pissed myself in the process. Pulled into the car park at kick off time missing the first 10 minutes then froze my balls off watching that shite.

We aren’t a good side. That isn’t anything new but there’s 5/6 teams at the bottom that is just as bad. We need to get behind this lot as much as possible because you could see the compete lack of any confidence in that second half - for what it’s worth I didn’t think the crowd got on the players backs today.

Thought Yedlin was our best player by a mile but I can’t see a lot of positives when you’ve got Shelvey, Merino and Diame not really trying to win the ball most of the game. The pressing in the second half was awful.

That’s probably the least effort I’ve seen from a team winning 3 points. We want shooting for that.

Guest neesy111

I've sat in various parts of the ground this season and I'd say at least 10,000 fans inside SJP are absolutely clueless about football.  The comments about the manager, play 442, lump it forward, jeering subs etc all absolutely pathetic.

Everton were and are absolutely garbage. f***ing s****. Woeful. And we still f***ing lost. f*** off.

The fans ironically cheering their own player being subbed off can f*** off as well.

Genuinely worried now. I thought there was no chance we'd go down but now I'm starting to worry. January is probably the most important transfer window in the club's history.

I've sat in various parts of the ground this season and I'd say at least 10,000 fans inside SJP are absolutely clueless about football.  The comments about the manager, play 442, lump it forward, jeering subs etc all absolutely pathetic.

I can't judge too much as I've now only just been to St James' for two matches since Ipswich last season, but from what I've experienced, I just wish people had a bit more patience. I get that some players seem to be dilly dallying on the ball with their lack of confidence but as soon as we start to play it along the back line whilst looking for a route, people go apeshit, having a go at players to move the ball forward. Then they play a bad, rushed ball forward and we 'don't control the game'. What exactly do you want?

I can't judge too much as I've now only just been to St James' for two matches since Ipswich last season, but from what I've experienced, I just wish people had a bit more patience. I get that some players seem to be dilly dallying on the ball with their lack of confidence but as soon as we start to play it along the back line whilst looking for a route, people go apeshit, having a go at players to move the ball forward. Then they play a bad, rushed ball forward and we 'don't control the game'. What exactly do you want?

Been like that at every home game I've ever been to tbh.

Grim, is all.

It's rare I get up here so each match I get to, I just want to get as close as possible to a positive atmosphere. Within 15 minutes I feel guilty cheering the team on as everyone around me just wants to piss and moan.