Arsenal 1-0 Newcastle United - 16/12/17 - Post match reaction from page 15

Greg

How was the second half? On paper the result is about as credible a defeat as it gets for a team in our form tbh. We all thought we'd get brayed.

Created chances, limited them relatively ok. But we just couldn't score. Was basically like the game away at Arsenal under McClaren. Hopefully that isn't foreboding.

Guest firetotheworks

How was the second half? On paper the result is about as credible a defeat as it gets for a team in our form tbh. We all thought we'd get brayed.

Slightly better than the first half imo. Arsenal didn't really try all that much though tbh, nothing worth getting excited about.

Pleased as you can be with a defeat. Gargantuan game next weekend though.

Loss. 100%

Has your dummy come out?  :lol:

No, I just think we'll lose? Comfortably.

Against West Ham...we comfortably beat them at SJP...

They sat deep. We hoofed balls at Joselu and the only time we looked like we might score was when a Joselu shot straight at Cech got deflected just wide.

Much improved. There were openings there in the second half and even the odd glimmer. If that Ritchie cross was to a decent header of the ball and not Perez etc. They had the best of it, of course, but they are a much better side. However, they were given nothing and needed a worldie to win it.

You get no points for it, and points are ultimately what we need, but a bit of a moral victory. Let's see if we can build on it.

Guest alijmitchell

I'm not so much sick of losing as sick of seeing utterly shit attacking play. Today's game was just a rinse and repeat of what we've been seeing for weeks now. Our players are shit, but we aren't set up for any thing in particular going forward. We look hopeless. Hopefully this improves.

Only had one eye on the second half but looked like we could've nicked something if things had fallen a little differently. As much as we're desperate for points I'd have probably taking anything but a rodgering at the start of the game.

Did quite well, had a few chances but didn't have the quality in the final third to get the goal.

Guest firetotheworks

Loss. 100%

Under Bilic when the form of each team was reversed.

Much better second half, actually managed to get the basics right and get into some good areas but ultimately as usual let down by the quality of strikers and or final ball.

The squad isn't anywhere near good enough, but with the 50 million spent last season, the similar amount to the likes of Hudds and Brighton spent this season, its a bit disappointing that a manager of Benitez' pedigree isn't doing better, not so much in this game as a 1-0 defeat is fairly credible but the dropped points against the teams around us.

If he does get money for January he needs to spend it better than he has so far.

Loss. 100%

Assuming they go on to win today, they will have won 2 of their last 3, including against Chelsea and a draw against Arsenal

We've lost 4 in a row and 8 of the last 9 :lol:

I thought we could win today and in some ways were unlucky not to have a point (though I'm not sure Arsenal were out of 2nd gear). Next weekend is a write off though imo. Just like Man City the game after

Guest firetotheworks

Surely it's clear this is the worst PL team we've ever had? Just so little quality, even when we put in a decent shift.

It's not even close. It's by far and away the worst, like.