Newcastle United 0 - 0 Brighton - 30/12/17 - Post-wank discussion from pg 17

Dave

I'm 51 and have followed this site for a few years even though I don't post that often, I would consider myself what some people may call 'old school'. Never boo the team, never leave early, patient, continue to go even when we are terrible etc etc. I appreciate times change and values associated with with being a fan are 'flexible' but I have never understood or ever will, grown men or women booing. If you do, then I'm sorry like but you are a c**t. Simple as. I have listened to the arguments and tried to get my head round it but for me booing belongs to 5 year olds with foam fingers at the wrestling or pantomime. That's it. Anyone who thinks this belongs in football is a grade A card carrying c**t of the highest order.

:thup:

Only time I've booed (coupled with swearing) at a match was Hull City at home and Cardiff at home, directly solely at Pardew.

Never been a fan of booing the team  but people do pay their money and are entitled to voice an opinion. Each to their own I just wish out support would do more against Ashley at the match but it never happens apart from the odd song.

There were boos at FT?

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

How many fucking times does the manager have to say 'stick with the team'?

Fucking utter morons in the crowd. They forget that it was the great atmoshere in the Spurs game that convinced Rafa to stick around; if the plebs keep at it, you'd think it would make it a lot easier for him to walk.

There were boos at FT?

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

How many f***ing times does the manager have to say 'stick with the team'?

f***ing utter morons in the crowd. They forget that it was the great atmoshere in the Spurs game that convinced Rafa to stick around; if the plebs keep at it, you'd think it would make it a lot easier for him to walk.

Plenty around me. In fact I looked round to the sides and behind where I was sat and I was the only one applauding out of a good few rows. Strange, really. We really need to stick behind the team more than ever, as Rafa iterates over and over, so it's sad to see some of the more fickle bunch giving up at an important part of the season.

Don't really know what they're achieving by booing people who are already trying their best. Imagine if you were giving 100% at work and you had some twat booing you for not being good enough. I'd be devestated.

Don't really know what they're achieving by booing people who are already trying their best. Imagine if you were giving 100% at work and you had some t*** booing you for not being good enough. I'd be devestated.

:thup: it's not helping anything.

There were quite a few boos and they were pretty understandable. It’s been very poor stuff at home for weeks now.

It's 'understandable' in the respect that we have a significant amount of absolute spanners at SJP on matchdays, so I'm not surprised by the booing. But it is completely uncalled for in these circumstances, and helps nobody. Embarrassing.

Oh, OK then. Being shit fans (I'm sorry, if you're booing in these circumstances, that's what you are - and you're narrow-minded and stupid, as well) doesn't actually matter because the players need to pick another sport.

They're people; they're responding to their manager and their trying. Booing is pointless. In fact, pointless is too kind - it actively makes things worse.

Fuck sake.

Guest Howaythetoon

The whinging around me in the East Stand was at a new level yesterday.

Every time I’ve been in that stand it’s always been full of impatient people all too willing to get on players’ backs, manager etc.

People have to accept that fans go to games for different reasons. Some go simply for the day out and a few drinks, quite a few go out of habit and quite a few have no idea what’s going on and howl in derision because we don’t score with every attack. They do however all pay their money and they will and do boo.

My step son is thinking about jacking in his ticket because he’s not enjoying it. He’s traveled all over the country to watch Nufc and seen plenty of rubbish in his time. Make no mistake; things have to change at home, it has been unacceptable. People on here are being too kind to both the players and Rafa. I mentioned in a thread earlier on that my brother has been to 4 home games this season against Watford, Bournemouth, Everton and Brighton. He’s not seen us score and we’ve collected a single point. That’s very poor by any standard.

God help us if the takeover doesn’t go through.

People have to accept that fans go to games for different reasons. Some go simply for the day out and a few drinks, quite a few go out of habit and quite a few have no idea what’s going on and howl in derision because we don’t score with every attack. They do however all pay their money and they will and do boo.

My step son is thinking about jacking in his ticket because he’s not enjoying it. He’s traveled all over the country to watch Nufc and seen plenty of rubbish in his time. Make no mistake; things have to change at home, it has been unacceptable. People on here are being too kind to both the players and Rafa. I mentioned in a thread earlier on that my brother has been to 4 home games this season against Watford, Bournemouth, Everton and Brighton. He’s not seen us score and we’ve collected a single point. That’s very poor by any standard.

God help us if the takeover doesn’t go through.

I don't blame him, or anyone, that doesn't go anymore. Since I've moved away and now have a 4 hour drive to home games I really do consider jacking it in after each home game we don't win. :lol:

If I could keep my loyalty points and access to away tickets I would tbh.

Guest Howaythetoon

Bloody hell Greg that’s some commitment. I feel ashamed having probably attended less than 10 games in a decade, half of that away. Once Ashley goes I’ll be back...

Bloody hell Greg that’s some commitment. I feel ashamed having probably attended less than 10 games in a decade, half of that away. Once Ashley goes I’ll be back...

I don't get up for every game, it's impossible.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't get up for every game, it's impossible.

Fucking part timer then! ;)