Newcastle United 3-1 Luton Town - 06/01/2018 - post match from p12

Nate

Maybe Lascelles isn't injured and he's in fact gone off to welcome Amanda?

Club Captain gets ‘jus primae noctis’. According to Micky Quinn.

Or perhaps it is the other way around. “Have him washed and brought to my new office by half-time.”

Ran off you say...  :smitten:

Absolutely daft to start any of our key players for this. Out of form ones, rotation and kids...that's all that should be needed. If you can beat Luton with that ffs.

So when we start the kids people complain were not taking the cup seriously, play a full strength team and people complain still. Rafa can't win [emoji38]

Its great to take the cups seriously, but not when you are fighting relegation with a supposed Championship squad and have no budget to change it. Begging for a key injury, and we got it.

Calm down Alan. If we go down it won't be due to a cup run.

3-0 1st half shows the team was overkill.

Fuckin hell man. We're 3 up try to be happy.

You don't even know if it's a key injury yet.

I am actually trying  :lol: but an injury to our most key player has really taken the shine off it.

It is a shitter, but it might be nothing. No point worrying till you find out the extent.

It's not like he was on the wrong end of a crunching challenge, it was off the ball. Could just have easily happened in training or against swansea.  I just don't think it was the wrong decision to start him today.

I really hope not, and glad we're winning...but i wouldn't have even had him on the bench. This isn't hindsight btw as i said in the match thread plys the kids plus Joselu, i'd play anyone who doesn't matter...i'd even have played Colback for this one, might even get someones attention to get him out of here.

Absolutely daft to start any of our key players for this. Out of form ones, rotation and kids...that's all that should be needed. If you can beat Luton with that ffs.

So when we start the kids people complain were not taking the cup seriously, play a full strength team and people complain still. Rafa can't win [emoji38]

Its great to take the cups seriously, but not when you are fighting relegation with a supposed Championship squad and have no budget to change it. Begging for a key injury, and we got it.

I am actually trying  :lol: but an injury to our most key player has really taken the shine off it.

It is a shitter, but it might be nothing. No point worrying till you find out the extent.

It's not like he was on the wrong end of a crunching challenge, it was off the ball. Could just have easily happened in training or against swansea.  I just don't think it was the wrong decision to start him today.

I really hope not, and glad we're winning...but i wouldn't have even had him on the bench. This isn't hindsight btw as i said in the match thread plys the kids plus Joselu, i'd play anyone who doesn't matter...i'd even have played Colback for this one, might even get someones attention to get him out of here.

Thing is, if we do that and lost, then the entire squad would take a dip in confidence, by playing a strong squad and winning comfortably, we keep up the form and confidence we gained over the Christmas period.

3-0 up and people moaning about an innocuous incident off the ball, get a fucking grip and enjoy the moment 😂

You mean the worry that our most important player might be injured?  Yeah, dead innocuous like. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I guarantee if Lascelles hadn't started and we were losing this 1-0, people would be saying we should've played him.  He's our best defender, our leader, most important player etc.

Only muppets.

If he's out for the season would you say it was worth it?

I would say that if it's an off the ball injiry like some people have said, then it probably would've happened in training or something anyway.  You can't blame Rafa for wanting his main man in the side to avoid embarrassment, we've been appalling without him.

It's exactly that reason we shouldn't be risking him, especially as he's picked up injuries already this season.

If we can't avoid being appalling without him at the back against Luton then we've no chance of staying up.

What do suggest we do then?  Wrap him in cotton wool and keep him in a nice, secure box and only let him come out on matchday?

Footballers get injured man, get over it!

I guarantee if Lascelles hadn't started and we were losing this 1-0, people would be saying we should've played him.  He's our best defender, our leader, most important player etc.

Only muppets.

I would say that if it's an off the ball injiry like some people have said, then it probably would've happened in training or something anyway.  You can't blame Rafa for wanting his main man in the side to avoid embarrassment, we've been appalling without him.

It's exactly that reason we shouldn't be risking him, especially as he's picked up injuries already this season.

If we can't avoid being appalling without him at the back against Luton then we've no chance of staying up.

What do suggest we do then?  Wrap him in cotton wool and keep him in a nice, secure box and only let him come out on matchday?

Ironically we did that last year and led to him being called shite.

I love people who pretend too hard about how overly joyed they are about a pointless bullying of some s**** League 2 side in the early stages of the FA Cup that they cannot even see like.

We've became so used to going out in the 3rd round we'll take what we can get.

Fair enough. I'm just happy we're making it comfortable. They could do with the confidence as a few have said.

I love people who pretend too hard about how overly joyed they are about a pointless bullying of some s**** League 2 side in the early stages of the FA Cup that they cannot even see like.

Tbf it's a bit of an anomaly for us after Pardver et al. If you can't take joy in a comfortable win what's the point?

Only muppets.

I've already suggested what to do....keep up.

People have different opinions regarding football...OMFG!"$"£ get over it!  :fool:

Anyone at the game who can tell how Woodman's doing?

According to the commentary he had a few dodgy touches in the first 10 minutes and then had nothing to do since.