Newcastle United 3-1 Luton Town - 06/01/2018 - post match from p12

Nate

Really don't care about the score.  Need to know how badly injured Lascelles is.  Far too important.

Although Lascelles is massive, getting lots of goals is a great confidence boost for a lot of players that have been sorely underperforming for a long time now.

Absolutely daft to start any of our key players for this. Out of form ones, rotation and kids...that's all that should be needed. If you can beat Luton with that ffs.

So when we start the kids people complain were not taking the cup seriously, play a full strength team and people complain still. Rafa can't win [emoji38]

Its great to take the cups seriously, but not when you are fighting relegation with a supposed Championship squad and have no budget to change it. Begging for a key injury, and we got it.

Calm down Alan. If we go down it won't be due to a cup run.

3-0 1st half shows the team was overkill.

Fuckin hell man. We're 3 up try to be happy.

You don't even know if it's a key injury yet.

I guarantee if Lascelles hadn't started and we were losing this 1-0, people would be saying we should've played him.  He's our best defender, our leader, most important player etc.

Only muppets.

If he's out for the season would you say it was worth it?

Absolutely daft to start any of our key players for this. Out of form ones, rotation and kids...that's all that should be needed. If you can beat Luton with that ffs.

So when we start the kids people complain were not taking the cup seriously, play a full strength team and people complain still. Rafa can't win [emoji38]

Its great to take the cups seriously, but not when you are fighting relegation with a supposed Championship squad and have no budget to change it. Begging for a key injury, and we got it.

I am actually trying  :lol: but an injury to our most key player has really taken the shine off it.

I guarantee if Lascelles hadn't started and we were losing this 1-0, people would be saying we should've played him.  He's our best defender, our leader, most important player etc.

it's always the same miserable arseholes coming out with the usual shite. there's one up there ^ that appears to be complaining about picking a side that is already 3 up.

It's pretty hard to be happy with the uncertainty of our most important player looming over your head like :lol:

Rafa is big on fitness so he wouldn't have made the decision to play him lightly I'd imagine, and this could have happened in any game, so statistically it's not even like playing him was going to up his chances of being injured considerably, but still it's fucking shit news - just hope it's precautionary.

Only muppets.

I would say that if it's an off the ball injiry like some people have said, then it probably would've happened in training or something anyway.  You can't blame Rafa for wanting his main man in the side to avoid embarrassment, we've been appalling without him.

I am actually trying  :lol: but an injury to our most key player has really taken the shine off it.

It is a shitter, but it might be nothing. No point worrying till you find out the extent.

It's not like he was on the wrong end of a crunching challenge, it was off the ball. Could just have easily happened in training or against swansea.  I just don't think it was the wrong decision to start him today.

Only muppets.

I would say that if it's an off the ball injiry like some people have said, then it probably would've happened in training or something anyway.  You can't blame Rafa for wanting his main man in the side to avoid embarrassment, we've been appalling without him.

It's exactly that reason we shouldn't be risking him, especially as he's picked up injuries already this season.

If we can't avoid being appalling without him at the back against Luton then we've no chance of staying up.

He ran off himself as soon as we went 1-0 up

Bet his missus is in labour or something man