The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Wouldn't can Mourinho for playing anti-football, and wouldn't say it was an embarrassing performance. Got no problem with any team going away from home and putting a clean sheet as priority - but that shouldn't mean you can't have a threat going forward. Fact was that yet another game has gone by where so called stars have just played within themselves again.

Mourinho can't justify for Lukaku and Sanchez doing sod all, and Pogba again letting a game pass him by. Best player for Man United was probably McTominay. Mata was alright I thought, but he needs the others to get their heads out of each others arses.

Wouldn't can Mourinho for playing anti-football, and wouldn't say it was an embarrassing performance. Got no problem with any team going away from home and putting a clean sheet as priority - but that shouldn't mean you can't have a threat going forward. Fact was that yet another game has gone by where so called stars have just played within themselves again.

Mourinho can't justify for Lukaku and Sanchez doing sod all, and Pogba again letting a game pass him by. Best player for Man United was probably McTominay. Mata was alright I thought, but he needs the others to get their heads out of each others arses.

Mourinho to them must feel like Pardew to us, or some equivalent. My mates a manyoo fan and he basically says put pep in charge of the players they have and they challenge, I think he's right.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqjQSk1PQ4o

The first 60 seconds or so of this nearly killed me at the time. :lol:

Eamon: Who wrote it?

Bill: Uhh, I can't remember

Eamon: I'll tell ya who wrote it Bill, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran off and left his wife for a young one

Is the greatest exchange/line in television history :lol:

If Mourinho joins your club as manager, with any kind of remit to play attacking football, and with a squad with a ton of attacking talent, just forget about it. He will not produce.

If you are going to hire him and have any success just let him play his grind it out football man. You just know he's dying to start Fellaini every game in midfield ahead of Pogba, and Ashley Young in one of the wide positions ahead of Martial/Rashford/Mata.

It's not going to work out for him man. Especially with Pep right on his doorstep thrilling the masses with fantasy football and winning almost every game. Just makes him look even more inadequate. He will not last past next season.

I'm a big fan of Mourinho, and think Man United would be mental to not hold on to him for as long as they can. He can't be blamed for what Pep's doing next door, that's totally out of his control, so comparisons and cries for him to suddenly shift gear in naive attempts to match him are ridiculous.

There's some serious talent there at Man United, but it's not Jose's fault Lukaku can't hold up a ball for s*** and consistently wilts in big games. Doubt he'd have instructed Pogba to go wondering off in the midfield against Spurs either.

Problem is Manchester United at a corporate and boardroom level want to go one way (Pogba, Adidas, Sanchez), whilst Mourinho would rather go another in terms of how the squad and dressing room is being built. Performance wise there must be an argument that Felliani has done more for Mourinho than Pogba, so why shouldn't he play him. Likewise Ashley Young at left back. When you look at it, it's the unfashionable players he's actually improved since he's been there. Most of the guys only really capable of giving 7/10's are giving them each week, but those that are capable of 10/10 performances aren't delivering at all. So strikes me as the bigger names need to start pulling their weight.

I'm a big fan of Mourinho, and think Man United would be mental to not hold on to him for as long as they can. He can't be blamed for what Pep's doing next door, that's totally out of his control, so comparisons and cries for him to suddenly shift gear in naive attempts to match him are ridiculous.

There's some serious talent there at Man United, but it's not Jose's fault Lukaku can't hold up a ball for s*** and consistently wilts in big games. Doubt he'd have instructed Pogba to go wondering off in the midfield against Spurs either.

Problem is Manchester United at a corporate and boardroom level want to go one way (Pogba, Adidas, Sanchez), whilst Mourinho would rather go another in terms of how the squad and dressing room is being built. Performance wise there must be an argument that Felliani has done more for Mourinho than Pogba, so why shouldn't he play him. Likewise Ashley Young at left back. When you look at it, it's the unfashionable players he's actually improved since he's been there. Most of the guys only really capable of giving 7/10's are giving them each week, but those that are capable of 10/10 performances aren't delivering at all. So strikes me as the bigger names need to start pulling their weight.

Mourinho decided to buy Lukaku so I would say it is his fault. If he doesn't want Pogba to go wandering then don't play him in a position where he has so much defensive responsibility. It's not like it's a secret that Pogba doesn't defend well so that's his fault too. The big names don't give 10/10 performances because their manager looks clueless as to how to set them up going forward. They just play like individuals and that's down to the manager

Guest Howaythetoon

Mourinho is a spent force. He looks tired, he’s negative, ultra defensive and given their attacking talent and money spent his team is ultra boring to watch. I think he could do with a year or so out to re energise himself. He’s the total opposite to how he was when he first came to this country with his Chelsea side attacking, abrasive, in your face, confident and quite unique in many ways. He’s a top manager of course and a guaranteed trophy machine. Take away Man City and he’d likely win the league with Man Utd and job done, but he’s facing a team and manager I don’t think he has the skills to better regardless of money spent.

He can take however much time off, but if he comes back to this same team, nothing will change. It's the type of players he is being required to work with that's the problem, along with the desire for attacking football from Man Utd as a club/fans/former players etc.

That Chelsea team he put together when he first arrived was a powerful and hardworking team that could defend and then exploit you on the counter. That central midfield of Makelele, Essien and Lampard was perfectly balanced and ideal for his type of play. His wide men also worked hard for him defensively, and he never was happy with the likes of Joe Cole who wanted to do more going forward. it's the same reason he ended up clashing with Hazard, and the same reason he wasn't happy with Mkhitaryan. It's standard Mourinho man.

Given the complete freedom to get who he wants and play how he wants he would still be right up there challenging even Pep far more closely. Man Utd was never the right move for him IMO.

He prefers creativity to come from the wings while his central midfield is there to out power the opposition and smother them. He has a collection of strikers who can play wide but are more interested in shooting themselves than creating. His tactics don't seem as effective and he seems unable to free up an additional midfielder to attack, or press higher up.