The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

Another hot take but Suarez is s**** these days.

[emoji38] Just the 20 goals in 34 games this season. 's****'

It's very possible to score goals against bad teams and therefore have good stats and still be performing badly overall, happens all the time with multiple players every single season.

Game is so much more than the stats you obtain.

I know. Still not possible to be shite with that goal record though. Under-par, a poacher, a Defoe type etc but not shite. Pons has already said he was on the wind up.

Guest firetotheworks

I've been wondering this for a while, but is there a La Liga Fantasy Football, and if so, how much is Messi vs your full budget?

They'd have to make it impossible to have Messi and Ronaldo

It would be interesting to see like. I'm not sure who's been the most expensive PL player in Fantasy Football, possibly Ronaldo at 14 or something at a guess.

Guest firetotheworks

I love how Linekar, Rio, Lampard, and Gerrard all just want an excuse to talk about how much they love Messi, despite him having a very under-par performance on his scale. Love how they're just like fans when it comes to him.

Guest firetotheworks

TIL Vagner-Love still exists.

He gave Love a bad name with that miss.

Good joviality.

Many thanks.

I hope you got the reference, otherwise it just looks like I was being sarcky.

Why on earth are Chelsea, a club with ludicrously limitless resources, an abundance of talent and the current champions of England being held up as some of sort of minnows in this Champions League tie? Obviously Barcelona are very good but the excuses being offered up for last night and going on about the apparently unsurmountable task they face in the return leg (after drawing 1-1 for fuck's sake) is pathetic.

Why on earth are Chelsea, a club with ludicrously limitless resources, an abundance of talent and the current champions of England being held up as some of sort of minnows in this Champions League tie? Obviously Barcelona are very good but the excuses being offered up for last night and going on about the apparently unsurmountable task they face in the return leg (after drawing 1-1 for fuck's sake) is pathetic.

Because they are shite, but that's their own fault rather than limited resources or owt else.

Bale on the bench again. Sid Lowe (usually reliable with Real Madrid stuff) said on some podcast a couple days ago that something is going on between Zidane and Bale. Benched again today makes it seem even more true. When he came back from injury he was one of the best players in the team, all of a sudden his role has become less and less.  Didnt start against Sociedad or PSG, was brought off (and looked pissed off) against Betis and now benched again today when Ronaldo isnt even in the squad so you'd normally assume Bale would be first on the team sheet

..Rafa should buy him when the takeover is done in the summer