The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Argies got a lot of work to do

6-1

[emoji38]

Wew, poor result for all those superstars that Messi apparently gets to play with

Well they're all out injured or not called up. Di Maria, Aguero, Dybala, Icardi, none played. That being said they should be doing far better.

Not sure why France seem to rated higher than Spain for the World Cup

It's recent form and results, Spain have been pretty bad at international tournaments since Xavi finished.

I think Del Bosque was out of his depth once the first cycle of players ended and too slow to get the newer players in. France haven't been great at a tournament since 2006. Got to a final last time but were pretty ordinary throughout really

6-1

[emoji38]

Wew, poor result for all those superstars that Messi apparently gets to play with

Well they're all out injured or not called up. Di Maria, Aguero, Dybala, Icardi, none played. That being said they should be doing far better.

Even if they did call up those players who gets them the ball?  That's been the problem for years, their midfield is trash which is why Messi always drops so deep for them.

Genuinely can't see this WC being any different.

Not sure why France seem to rated higher than Spain for the World Cup

It's recent form and results, Spain have been pretty bad at international tournaments since Xavi finished.

I think Del Bosque was out of his depth once the first cycle of players ended and too slow to get the newer players in. France haven't been great at a tournament since 2006. Got to a final last time but were pretty ordinary throughout really

Everyone was at that tournament really, I agree mind.

Merino played the full 90mins for Spain U21s if not already mentioned, they won 3-1. According to Flashscore he played CB which is a bit weird.

FlashScores do f*** up with their formations here and there so I wouldn’t take that as true.

Yeah he was part of a back four so I'd guess it was more likely he was holding midfield in front of a back three.

6-1

[emoji38]

Looks like Lamela wasn't any part of that either, thankfully.

6-1

[emoji38]

Aye but the defence and midfield will probably be pretty similar to tonight's in the World Cup or would have been until this result anyway. People look at Higuain, Aguero and Icardi and think they should be winning things when realistically only one of them can play. Dybala plays in the same space as Messi so can't play in his best position. Di Maria generally does a decent job tbf

Merino played the full 90mins for Spain U21s if not already mentioned, they won 3-1. According to Flashscore he played CB which is a bit weird.

FlashScores do f*** up with their formations here and there so I wouldn’t take that as true.

Yeah he was part of a back four so I'd guess it was more likely he was holding midfield in front of a back three.

He was playing CB.

Guest Howaythetoon

Zidane carried France to their last final. That performance against Brazil was one of the finest I’ve seen. So, who are the best team internationally then?

Zidane carried France to their last final. That performance against Brazil was one of the finest I’ve seen. So, who are the best team internationally then?

Germany, Spain and Brazil followed by France, Belgium and Argentina imo.

After last night's results, not sure I would include Argentina in the list but I guess the Messi factor can't be discounted.

After last night's results, not sure I would include Argentina in the list but I guess the Messi factor can't be discounted.

Messi and Di Maria who are probably their two most important players. They were also trying out a few new players such as their fullbacks. Sampaoli did a very good job with Chile and if he can get the same out of this Argentina team they'll be dangerous. Brazil in 2002 went through the same problem and went on to win it all because of having great players. It's all about timing and form. Argentina with Messi ahs to be considered one of the favourites.

Easily one of the best individual displays (and probably my favourite) I've ever seen, that. 34 years old all the pressure on him and he effortlessly made the Brazilian side look like Sunday league players.

Easily one of the best individual displays (and probably my favourite) I've ever seen, that. 34 years old all the pressure on him and he effortlessly made the Brazilian side look like Sunday league players.

The youtube clip of it is superb - some of his touches man  :smitten: