The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Fulham haven’t created that much really. Put in some good balls but Sessegnon and Mitro nowhere near them. Great finish for the Palace goal

Aye somewhat of a reality check for them. Keeping the ball for 45 minutes gets you nowhere in this league when teams have the quality they do to break and score despite not creating a great deal. Canny difference in overall quality between the leagues.

Part of the reason I think lofty predictions for Fulham & Wolves have been premature.

Commentator reckons the keeper should save that. Seemed like it had far too much pace on it to me.

Yep, very harsh.

Especially cos he’s been wanking Hennessy off for routine saves at the other end

Fulham haven’t created that much really. Put in some good balls but Sessegnon and Mitro nowhere near them. Great finish for the Palace goal

Aye somewhat of a reality check for them. Keeping the ball for 45 minutes gets you nowhere in this league when teams have the quality they do to break and score despite not creating a great deal. Canny difference in overall quality between the leagues.

Part of the reason I think lofty predictions for Fulham & Wolves have been premature.

I think Wolves will do well, thought as much during last season so their signings don't have much to do with it. The other teams outside of the top 6 who have spent big won't though IMO.

Fulham finding out just how ruthless a league this can be.

Playing attacking football is great, but unless you have the quality all over the pitch it can be very risky as we found out last season when we tried to do it during the winter.

Fulham finding out just how ruthless a league this can be.

Playing attacking football is great, but unless you have the quality all over the pitch it can be very risky as we found out last season when we tried to do it during the winter.

Absolutely right. You invariably have to adapt when you come up, particularly when playing attacking football as Fulham/Wolves did last year. We were however very conservative in the Championship and it served us well making a more seamless step up.

I have my doubts, although I fully recognise they're tactically quite an astute side meaning they have more about em than the average promotion team spending some coin.

Their keeper being number 11 warrants relegation though. No doubt  :lol:

Come on man, it's for a dude with cancer.

Don't try make me out to be insensitive man  :lol: There's plenty of other numbers available, 11 just feels wrong, unless they see him as a bit of a Jose Luis Chilavert, then fair enough.

I have my doubts, although I fully recognise they're tactically quite an astute side meaning they have more about em than the average promotion team spending some coin.

Their keeper being number 11 warrants relegation though. No doubt  :lol:

Come on man, it's for a dude with cancer.

Don't try make me out to be insensitive man  :lol: There's plenty of other numbers available, 11 just feels wrong, unless they see him as a bit of a Jose Luis Chilavert, then fair enough.

Presumably because the 1 is taken, so its 11. What number is acceptable. 1 is the only number a keeper wears apart from Donarumma.

Eh? Dubravka is 12 for one. 12 or 13 are often numbers goalkeepers go for if the 1 isn't available.

Anyway, starting to sound pedantic here, but ultimately 11 is a stupid number for a goalkeeper to wear.

Like I said. They've signed loads of midfielders and attackers and left they're defence shite.

Didn't hear people saying all that a few weeks ago.

Now reality is beginning to hit home.

Home to Palace losing by 2 and no goals.