The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Frank Lampard spoke about it quite well last night I thought. It seems a lot of West Ham fans were willing to make the trade-off on the basis it would serve them well as a club. Was also an element of the unknown re exactly how s*** that stadium would be. Owners selling it like hell at the time.

Ā 

However, since the move they've not spent much money, managers have been poor, same with the players, and they're no further forward. They've every right to notice when they've been sold a lie and point out that if they'd known it would have been like this then they'd have stuck not twisted.

Ā 

Not that I think they've had it anywhere near as bad as us, mind. Thank f*** we still have SJP though, even if it does need some work doing to it now.

Ā 

The stadium thing is an aberration. It just does not look like a football stadium, it's too big for their fanbase currently, difficult to get a good atmosphere. Miles away from the pitch. It's horrendous.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

This is the main reason I want them relegated. Be hilarious seeing that joke of a venue even less full in the Championship.

Whatā€™s happened to their own stadium?

Ā 

Looks like Spurs dodged a massive bullet.

Spurs didn't dodge a bullet mind, as their plan was to knock it down to build a football stadium. Promised to invest in improving another athletics stadium. They'll be happier building their ground where it is now but I assume it will have cost them a lot more.

Ā 

Is Sean Goss playing? Think he plays for Rangers these days.

Ā 

Thought he was QPR?

Ā 

Yeah he was, but I think he's moved on from there (could be wrong). A friend is his brother he posts a lot of Glasgow stuff. Never met Sean myself, I was just curious.

Ā 

Spurs didn't dodge a bullet mind, as their plan was to knock it down to build a football stadium. Promised to invest in improving another athletics stadium. They'll be happier building their ground where it is now but I assume it will have cost them a lot more.

Ā 

Ā 

Fair enough but whatā€™s shambles WHU are at the minute, no matter how bad it gets at least we will always have SJP.

Werenā€™t a lot of West Ham fans in favour of the move? Taking the piss out of Spurs for stealing it from under their nose and bragging about how itā€™ll help them compete?

Ā 

Sure I saw a poll where the majority were in favour.

Ā 

Would have to scout through KUMB to find the old threads which I cant be arsed to do yet, but probably will later.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Fair enough but whatā€™s shambles WHU are at the minute, no matter how bad it gets at least we will always have SJP.

Aye totally agree. We've gone backwards for over a decade but there are some things you can't replace.

Werenā€™t a lot of West Ham fans in favour of the move? Taking the piss out of Spurs for stealing it from under their nose and bragging about how itā€™ll help them compete?

Ā 

Sure I saw a poll where the majority were in favour.

Ā 

Would have to scout through KUMB to find the old threads which I cant be arsed to do yet, but probably will later.

Ā 

They were probably happy to sell out on the promise of having a bigger ground and becoming a bigger club. Oops.