The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Guest Howaythetoon

Liverpool have shown they can defend tonight, van Dyke was a bit soft on the foul leading to their goal, but he has brought a commanding, assured presence to their backline, along with their ‘Keeper and I like their young exciting full-backs. Gino though... didn’t know he was playing until the 70 minute mark :lol: Milner a rock in midfield as well. Man City for all their talent, philosophy etc. they have serious weaknesses which LFC exploited attacking wise first leg and defensively 2nd leg. Let them have the ball, they won’t trouble you on crosses or over the top, let them try and play through you. A solid enough defence can cope as they proved. LFC can win the CL, they have it in them.

Guest Howaythetoon

Honestly think Real Madrid will murder any of the teams left

They are faves and rightly so, but if LFC play the way they did in the first leg against City they can score a few goals against anyone home or away and they have shown tonight they can defend and withstand pressure. LFC are the most dangerous and potent side left in the competition for me. Only inexperience, nerves and stupidity can prevent them from reaching the final and even winning it as they are more than capable.

I've never really shared the hate some have of Liverpool, I always want to see English teams win in Europe, it does indirectly help us by making the league more desirable for players and sponsors and a like. So naturally would like to see them win it.

I've never really shared the hate some have of Liverpool, I always want to see English teams win in Europe, it does indirectly help us by making the league more desirable for players and sponsors and a like. So naturally would like to see them win it.

my hatred comes from their dominance in the 70's and 80's, the way their fans got away with heysel, and their sense of entitlement and air of superiority (just read RAWK ffs).

Guest Howaythetoon

Got to say I was critical of Klopp earlier in the season and thought he’d be under pressure come the end of the season, but I take it all back, he’s doing a tremendous job, although I do think he needs a trophy there sooner rather than later.

If you’re English, over-35 or so and don’t hate Liverpool then there’s something wrong with you. If you’re under 35, have ever been on RAWK and don’t hate Liverpool then there's something wrong with you.

anyone >>>>>>>>> liverpool

This. Who are the insane bastards who want Liverpool to win it FFS?

Me ! If Spuds were England's last team I would be rooting for them instead but they are not !

I think Liverpool are in with as much a chance of winning it as any of them TBH. I'd only fancy Bayern to stop them in the Semi's.

Agreed.

Although if they face Real or Bayern in the final they will lose. Klopp loses finals and Real in particular win CL finals.

I just think they'll do the business enough at home to Roma or Real. Bayern might be organised enough to stop them.

On a larger pitch in the final, (I'd assume), and without the home advantage I'd fancy them to narrowly lose as they won't have quite as much edge about them, defensively more than anything.

Liverpool are very much a cup style side, with an outrageously good and fluid attack. However, they tend to press relentlessly and a top side on a large pitch would see them undone in a one off game I think.

If you’re English, over-35 or so and don’t hate Liverpool then there’s something wrong with you. If you’re under 35, have ever been on RAWK and don’t hate Liverpool then there's something wrong with you.

I'm well over 35 and lived through their dominace, again I never really got the hate for them, that I did for Manure years later. Maybe because we were never their rival, NUFC were abject in those days.

Pretty much this. The BBC ramming the love for the 'special fans' and 'special nights' at Anfiled makes bile rise.

I think for a majority of fans it would go Man U, Liverpool then the rest in terms of dislike and disdain.

I think Liverpool are in with as much a chance of winning it as any of them TBH. I'd only fancy Bayern to stop them in the Semi's.

Agreed.

Although if they face Real or Bayern in the final they will lose. Klopp loses finals and Real in particular win CL finals.

I just think they'll do the business enough at home to Roma or Real. Bayern might be organised enough to stop them.

On a larger pitch in the final, (I'd assume), and without the home advantage I'd fancy them to narrowly lose as they won't have quite as much edge about them, defensively more than anything.

Liverpool are very much a cup style side, with an outrageously good and fluid attack. However, they tend to press relentlessly and a top side on a largepitch would see them undone in a one off game I think.

He's bound to win one again but I find Klopp's 5 final loss streak very interesting. I think the way his teams play, in a final with the nerves, they become inhibited and can't play to their usual level as his game is so physically demanding and also finals come at the end of the season when physical levels are in decline. I also think he's more coach than tactician, his teams play one way more often than not. Although i've only ever seen 2 of his finals. 1 the better team won (Bayern). 2 the more experienced European side won. Both games after half-time they were both abject.

I read this article about top managers in finals. RAFA has a tremendous record. Not only is he usually calm, he's a great tactician. As we've seen he manages fitness levels superbly throughout the season and rotates.

Mourinho - great record. If his teams find their mettle they tend to be unstoppable in finals. Ruthless like the man.

Ancelotti has a great record. The only final he lost was Istanbul.... and obviously his team should've won that too. His swagger, his calm, must be infectious. He won the CL a few times as a player, everything about him is been there done that. Zidane has never a lost a final as a manager iirc. Again, this is a man who has been there and done it.. left foot volley to win a CL final not even the highlight of his career ffs.

I've probably cursed it for a Liverpool win haven't I? Think the last CL final defeat Real had was to Liverpool too.

I fucking hate them and couldn’t even begin to imagine the wankfest if they won it. Hoping they get Real Madrid next and Ronaldo bums them back into their attention seeking, murdering holes.

Great to watch though. I actually fancy them to win it, or at least get to the final. They have nobody to fear.

Agreed.

Liverpool are very much a cup style side, with an outrageously good and fluid attack. However, they tend to press relentlessly and a top side on a largepitch would see them undone in a one off game I think.

He's bound to win one again but I find Klopp's 5 final loss streak very interesting. I think the way his teams play, in a final with the nerves, they become inhibited and can't play to their usual level as his game is so physically demanding and also finals come at the end of the season when physical levels are in decline. I also think he's more coach than tactician, his teams play one way more often than not. Although i've only ever seen 2 of his finals. 1 the better team won (Bayern). 2 the more experienced European side won. Both games after half-time they were both abject.

I read this article about top managers in finals. RAFA has a tremendous record. Not only is he usually calm, he's a great tactician. As we've seen he manages fitness levels superbly throughout the season and rotates.

Mourinho - great record. If his teams find their mettle they tend to be unstoppable in finals. Ruthless like the man.

Ancelotti has a great record. The only final he lost was Istanbul.... and obviously his team should've won that too. His swagger, his calm, must be infectious. He won the CL a few times as a player, everything about him is been there done that. Zidane has never a lost a final as a manager iirc. Again, this is a man who has been there and done it.. left foot volley to win a CL final not even the highlight of his career ffs.

I've probably cursed it for a Liverpool win haven't I? Think the last CL final defeat Real had was to Liverpool too.

:thup:

If Klopp has any sense he'll be rotating these next few weeks heavily in the league. I agree with what you've said above :thup:

I'm well over 35 and lived through their dominace, again I never really got the hate for them, that I did for Manure years later. Maybe because we were never their rival, NUFC were abject in those days.

Yeah, that might be. I never hated Man U anywhere near as much, because as a kid in North London you were either Spurs, Arsenal, or Liverpool. There were more Orient fans than Man U fans in my primary school - the only Man U fan was Tasos Anastasiou :lol:. Then when Man U really started to kick in we went to shit. I genuinely can't remember a single Chelsea or Man City fan.

Honestly, I feel like I've been surrounded by sanctimonious, glory-hunting Liverpool fans all my life, whether at school or at work. At least there's more of a mix of glory-hunters out here in the US now - comedy Man City and Chelsea fans. If Liverpool win the CL again it will be insufferable.

Liverpool seems to have an extraordinary number of plastic ‘fans’ like.

It’s one reason I really dislike them. They all talk utter shite too.

Was in a pub full of the plastic tossers for the first leg, there were people in there genuinely discussing how Salah is ‘up there’ with Messi and Ronaldo. I mean for crying out loud :lol: He’s had a tremendous season, but that’s what it is, one season.