The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Impressed with Brighton. They were defensively rigid and attacked when they had the chances. Hughton appears to be a very good coach, from afar at least. You guys obviously know better. Curious to know our thoughts about him.

Impressed with Brighton. They were defensively rigid and attacked when they had the chances. Hughton appears to be a very good coach, from afar at least. You guys obviously know better. Curious to know our thoughts about him.

We never wanted him sacked, but Mike did.

I'm assuming that isn't meant in the sassy tone in which it reads. :lol: Hughton did a brilliant job at NUFC and didn't deserve to lose his job. Unfortunately for him and us, he was never intended to stay the course and Pardew was lined up two or three months before the trigger was actually pulled, during a time when Hughton was masterminding victories at the Emirates and pulverising the Mackems. It was totally unfair and absolutely nothing to do with his actual managerial ability.

I'm assuming that isn't meant in the sassy tone in which it reads. :lol:

Absolutely not. I apologize if it comes across that way. Meant no disrespect at all. English is also not my first language. In general, we have had very good results against Hughton teams but always liked the way he set up his teams. I haven't watched a lot of his teams though. Just feel that it would be interesting to see how he would do with better quality players - maybe a club like Leicester? I was curious to know if you shared my opinion or whether I was overrating him.

I'm assuming that isn't meant in the sassy tone in which it reads. :lol:

Absolutely not. I apologize if it comes across that way. Meant no disrespect at all. English is also not my first language. In general, we have had very good results against Hughton teams but always liked the way he set up his teams. I haven't watched a lot of his teams though. Just feel that it would be interesting to see how he would do with better quality players - maybe a club like Leicester? I was curious to know if you shared my opinion or whether I was overrating him.

I don't think you'll find an NUFC fan with a bad word to say about him. Great man, did a more than adequate job when he brought us up and got some memorable results whilst guiding us to comfortably mid-table by December.

He seems a stable manager who'll give you a good chance at mid-table stability if given the time. Not sure if he could push on much further if I'm honest but who am I to judge? Would love for him to be given the chance to prove me wrong.

Guest firetotheworks

We generally loved him to bits as a person and really liked his team. Tactically we were sometimes very good, sometimes woeful, but we attacked teams we 'should be' beating and defended against better teams. Sounds basic, but that sort of thing was unbelievably complicated to the likes of Allardyce, Pardew, McClaren etc. Villa, Sunderland, Everton, and Arsenal were particular highlights in 10/11. Chuffed that he's still in the PL and doing well, he thoroughly deserves it after the way Ashley and Pardew fucked him over.