The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Guest neesy111

Dunno if drawing away to Leicester, West Ham, Man United, and Everton are easy fixtures thrown away like - they're all very good Premier League teams. All of their away games (barring possibly us and Southampton) look much easier though.

Leicester was at home.

Very good is a bit of a stretch for Everton like, and possibly even West Ham

A point away to Everton is a good result for Liverpool like. Given our form, a point away to Man United is an excellent result.

They haven't actually had any real bad results. That's why I find it hard to call it a bottle job.

A point away to Everton is a good result for Liverpool like. Given our form, a point away to Man United is an excellent result.

They haven't actually had any real bad results. That's why I find it hard to call it a bottle job.

Drawing at home to Leicester is.

Guest firetotheworks

Drawing at home to Leicester is.

This is it though, how's drawing at home to a very good Premier League team bottling it? :lol: Has everyone suddenly adjusted to the crazy levels Pep's set and seem to think it's unnatural to not draw or lose the odd match?

Guest firetotheworks

Were City bottling the defence of their title when they lost to us?

Anyone?

They weren't 7 points ahead.

So they weren't bottling the defence of their title because they weren't 7 points ahead?

Harsh to say Liverpool are bottling. They've lost 1 game all season.  :lol:

Always thought it would be very tight, important for Liverpool to be in touching distance in April.

City have got Palace (A), Spurs (H), Man Utd (A) with Champs League Quarter finals just before and after Palace game.

That's a tough run.

Harsh to say Liverpool are bottling. They've lost 1 game all season.  :lol:

Always thought it would be very tight, important for Liverpool to be in touching distance in April.

City have got Palace (A), Spurs (H), Man Utd (A) with Champs League Quarter finals just before and after Palace game.

That's a tough run.

Their game against us could potentially decide it. Also didn't know they haven't beat us at SJP since 2013.

Anyone?

So they weren't bottling the defence of their title because they weren't 7 points ahead?

I think it's different, everyone starts on a level playing field at the beginning, whereas Liverpool were 7 points clear more than halfway through the season and as the pressure has mounted they've dropped points at a rapid rate.

Anyone?

I think it's different, everyone starts on a level playing field at the beginning, whereas Liverpool were 7 points clear more than halfway through the season and as the pressure has mounted they've dropped points at a rapid rate.

They’ve bottled nothing yet, but no shame in saying throwing away a 7 point can be seen as ‘bottling it’. Same way we ‘bottled it’ in 96. Fact remains when the pressure has been ramped up, Liverpool have struggled. A point away at Goodison and Old Trafford are decent points, it’s more the Leicester game really.

That said, nothing is bottled yet and I still think they’ll win it.

Guest firetotheworks

Anyone?

That's the bit where I disagree, I think everyone knew it was between Man City and Liverpool and Man City were the ones that had just won the league with a record points total. The pressure should have been on them to retain the league, but when they had their blip no one was remotely arsed. :lol: Suddenly Liverpool draw a few matches and they've apparently bottled it.

klopp’s not helped, like. Usually manager’s say “we take it one game at a time” but I think Klopp has been talking about the title since the end of last season. Might be better to be coy in these things. Could relieve some pressure.

Had my tv on bein the whole night and Turkish football has been on. Hugo Rodallega still plays football. He’s playing for Trabzonspor. He’s their number seven.

Just got back from a weekend watching Lazio vs Roma and Napoli vs Juventus. Both absolutely superb experiences.

That being said, it's not a surprise to me so many Italian fans stay away from the stadiums on matchdays. These events are really not built for the casual fans. Obtaining tickets is unnecessarily difficult, the matchdays luxuries non-existent and some of the ultras are truly intimidating people.

The Napoli game was initially announced as being forbidden to anybody without residency in the Campania region. This meant I bought a Napoli Fan ID, and then a ticket, in order to be able to get in. This was later announced to be a miscommunication between the Italian Government and the ticketing company, meaning I had wasted 40 euros, and could have just got one on the day. No refund - of course. Standard Italy.

I guess it isn't that difficult. The website is workable, although shit. And there is places in the city to buy them on the day, although badly advertised. But you need your ID/passport to be able to buy one, and then need to show it together with the ticket when entering the stadium going through the multiple security checks. Like you would at the airport.

It makes the whole thing that little bit more arduous to do, and when every game is on TV, I can only see this would put people off.

Liverpool look mentally exhausted. The season has gone on a bit too long and the expectations and hope have become a great pressure to deal with. You know that Gerrard slip plays on all of Liverpool's fans and players minds. Its happening again. Gonna role in to 30 years etc...all that is playing its part. Not sure if they've got the squad depth to cope with the intensity we saw at the start of the season either. Firminho doesn't score enough goals for striker imo (Rondon 2 behind in a goal shy team with similar games played) and they've no other option to change it around. Seeing out a season and dealing with the pressure really is something, certain clubs/managers have it. All eyes on Liverpool to show they do.

Citeh are lucky mind, they've not got any history to live up to. Liverpool's weigh heavily on their shoulders.

The Napoli game was initially announced as being forbidden to anybody without residency in the Campania region. This meant I bought a Napoli Fan ID, and then a ticket, in order to be able to get in. This was later announced to be a miscommunication between the Italian Government and the ticketing company, meaning I had wasted 40 euros, and could have just got one on the day. No refund - of course. Standard Italy.

I guess it isn't that difficult. The website is workable, although shit. And there is places in the city to buy them on the day, although badly advertised. But you need your ID/passport to be able to buy one, and then need to show it together with the ticket when entering the stadium going through the multiple security checks. Like you would at the airport.

It makes the whole thing that little bit more arduous to do, and when every game is on TV, I can only see this would put people off.

Mad, that. I went to watch Napoli vs Roma at the San Paolo back in 2016.

Bought tickets from a box office right outside the stadium and don't recall having to show ID at all. Maybe it's changed. Only "issue" were a few touts outside trying to convince people to buy from them and saying it's a sellout, which it was far from.

Guest neesy111

I guess it isn't that difficult. The website is workable, although s***. And there is places in the city to buy them on the day, although badly advertised. But you need your ID/passport to be able to buy one, and then need to show it together with the ticket when entering the stadium going through the multiple security checks. Like you would at the airport.

Wow that's bad, but the infrastructure around Italian stadiums looks terrible.

I'm off to watch atletico on Saturday and it's an e-ticket downloaded straight to my phone.

I guess it isn't that difficult. The website is workable, although s***. And there is places in the city to buy them on the day, although badly advertised. But you need your ID/passport to be able to buy one, and then need to show it together with the ticket when entering the stadium going through the multiple security checks. Like you would at the airport.

Wow that's bad, but the infrastructure around Italian stadiums looks terrible.

I'm off to watch atletico on Saturday and it's an e-ticket downloaded straight to my phone.

And that makes a point about where we are in the UK with our ticketing system.

It’s safe to assume that >80% of football stadiums is filled with fans who have smartphones. Howecome we don’t have E-tickets on our phones, especially season ticket holders?

On the Canadian Premier League, all stadiums and all tickets by default are going to be E-tickets (with the option of printing out your own). This is from a brand new league where many stadiums are about the same size as many of our non-league stadiums, and some of them are just temporary venues.

How much money would NUFC (for example) save?

Imagine not sending out 1 ticket, imagine the postage saving alone?

I wonder how much not winning the league this year would take out of Klopp after being clear a few games ago (assuming of course City go on and win it)?

He'll either be galvanised into going one better next year, but its just as likely that this is his best chance and he goes on and does a Rodgers next season.