Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

It's weird how much confidence and composure of a goalkeeper feeds into the rest of a defence. One of the most noticeable differences between Dubravka and Pope when you watch them both play. That said he's certainly not the reason we lost.

Just now, ponsaelius said:

It's weird how much confidence and composure of a goalkeeper feeds into the rest of a defence. One of the most noticeable differences between Dubravka and Pope when you watch them both play. That said he's certainly not the reason we lost.

I mean, he did have Lewis, Lascelles and Manquillo...more of a quality in defence issue than confidence in the keeper :lol:

2 minutes ago, Aiston said:

I mean, he did have Lewis, Lascelles and Manquillo...more of a quality in defence issue than confidence in the keeper :lol:

Aye that's another thing. That's the sort of defence Dubravka had to put up with for the majority of his time here. The 4 months he had when he played behind a regular solid unit he was more than good enough.

3 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Did nothing wrong but I can’t help thinking Pope saves the second goal. First one, nothing could be done as it was at point blank range. 

Ha. I’m almost the other way. I think Pope would have come tearing out and got his big old frame in the way on the first at the point of contact.

But then I think he would have done the same for the second and get caught in no man’s land.