Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

14 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

This is a stupid move that I don't really feel benefits anyone tbh. Not us or Man United, and it's only really benefitting Dubravka because he'll get to play a few european matches. 

Dubs is an upgrade on Heaton for sure. Makes more sense for them than it does for us, but if he wants the move I don’t think we’ll stand in the way out of respect.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

This is a stupid move that I don't really feel benefits anyone tbh. Not us or Man United, and it's only really benefitting Dubravka because he'll get to play a few european matches. 

He’s chucked the dummy. Thought he looked a miserable git preseason. Doubt it will prove a good decision for him, particularly if something goes awry with Pope (form or injury). 

2 hours ago, Beth said:

Did he actually refuse to play/feign an injury last night or is it just a rumour?

He's going to be going to Man Utd as their Cup keeper more than likely. If we'd cup-tied him for a competition he'd likely get a fair percent of his games it'd have put a spanner in the works.

Don’t feel too bothered if Darlow is number 2.

id expect Pope to stay fit and play all league games and any major cup games

if he doesn’t, the team have improved enough to mitigate Darlow.

2nd choice keeper then becomes next year’s problem

2 minutes ago, James said:

It really hasn’t. Having to rely on Darlow instead of Dubs for any amount of time could easily be the difference between top 7 and lower midtable.

Edit: I’d say good cover for GK is even more important than good cover for Wilson. We have other players capable of scoring goals (as we saw last year when Wilson was out injured), but against good opposition we still give away plenty of chances, so a top goalkeeper for cover is crucial for our ambitions.

Edited by Unbelievable

25 minutes ago, James said:

Dislike

Guest HTT II
27 minutes ago, James said:

David James here!

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

He’s chucked the dummy. Thought he looked a miserable git preseason. Doubt it will prove a good decision for him, particularly if something goes awry with Pope (form or injury). 

Kinda my thoughts regarding him chucking his dummy - he’s pretty much been first choice since he came here and first time he has to fight for his place he wants away.

That speaks volumes to me so screw him - let him 

So many conflicting feelings. I don't want to deny him a move at his age. But it's Man U, he's moving to sit on someone else's bench which irks me whether they're in Europe or not, I don't trust Darlow one bit to be deputy, and it's Man Fucking U.

We let Woodman go as his career was going nowhere, Darlow is seemingly happy to be an understudy (and 3rd or 4th choice at that). We should tell Dubs to put his toys back in his pram unless the deal suits us and not his preference to sit on Man U’s bench as opposed to us. Makes no sense for us in the terms mooted.

I was listening to Talk Sport the other day (I know, but got nothing else to listen too at work).

Anyway, Forster was on and he was saying that he’s up for a move (free transfer) and would even be willing to be a number 2 at the right place.

Maybe he is worth a shout out if we let Dubs go?

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I was listening to Talk Sport the other day (I know, but got nothing else to listen too at work).

Anyway, Forster was on and he was saying that he’s up for a move (free transfer) and would even be willing to be a number 2 at the right place.

Sure I listened to him the other week and he was saying he's enjoying the time off and wasn't sure if he'd be bothered about getting back into it.

11 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Be good to have him back. We could register him as home grown.