Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 04/02/18 - Post-match reaction from pg34

Dave

Will take it despite the fact we were ultimately robbed by the linesman.

It was a clear pen

You must love a fight based on pedantry. Yes it was a penalty by the letter of the law, but 90% or more them are ignored week in week out, ergo it was a harsh decision.

Decent point that. The penalty was unlucky but think they would have equalised eventually anyway the way it was going

No they wouldn’t. They were not creating anything despite throwing balls into the box. They were coming up to the end of the first though 10 minutes of the 2nd half you get. We would have seen the game out.

This ref is fucking unbelievable. How the fuck was that not a foul on Merino!?

This. It's hard enough on our shit team to defend for their lives, let alone when they seem to be one of the only defences that don't get protection/benefit of the doubt from the ref. I'm happy to admit I'm firmly on the side of conspiracy against NUFC. Refs are bent.

The reason I'm kinda on board with this is its been easy for officials to fuck us over for the last 10 years as theres no ambition or will to win from the top of the club, it creates the conditions where its accepted  :lol:

Started well and some positives from some of our build up play in the first half an hour or so.

End of 1st half and 2nd just crap really. Practically played with 10 given how ineffectual Perez was.

Sky’s one-eyed shirt pulling coverage was embarrassing. Lascelles literally man-handled when trying to attack a free kick, then when Clark pulls a shirt when having his pulled a stonewall pen? What a crock.

Can’t wait for VAR just so we can have five penalties a match going by that nonsense.

Saying all that, probably a point was fair on the balance of the match. So no complaints other than all my complaints.

And I wish Jamie Redknapp would just fuck off.

Who was that linesman? What was his agenda against us there... clearly something fishy with his overreaction to a 50/50 bit of shirt pulling.

Who was that linesman? What was his agenda against us there... clearly something fishy with his overreaction to a 50/50 bit of shirt pulling.

Was he the turbononce that pardew shoved? Been biding his time, probably.

We had it. 2 points from Burnley and this is not good.

I think we've failed to beat Swansea, Brighton, Palace and Burnley in our last few fixtures, you go down if carry on like that, we have to beat teams around us, discounting Burnely who aren't really.

Posts like this are getting a bit silly imo. Our last two results are above standard.

Palace have beaten Burnley, Southampton, Leicester, watford & Drawn with Man City, Bournemouth, West Ham & Swansea in their last 10 games.

The only side they have lost to is Arsenal twice.

Started well and some positives from some of our build up play in the first half an hour or so.

End of 1st half and 2nd just crap really. Practically played with 10 given how ineffectual Perez was.

Sky’s one-eyed shirt pulling coverage was embarrassing. Lascelles literally man-handled when trying to attack a free kick, then when Clark pulls a shirt when having his pulled a stonewall pen? What a crock.

Can’t wait for VAR just so we can have five penalties a match going by that nonsense.

Saying all that, probably a point was fair on the balance of the match. So no complaints other than all my complaints.

And I wish Jamie Redknapp would just fuck off.

Vars would stop the pulling of shirts you would think.

Bet that doesn't even get raised. Never seen a referee get so animated to the point of looking half like he wanted to deck Clark and half like he wanted to spaff his pants at fucking us over, let alone a linesman.

Unbelievable reaction from some saying we were terrible etc. Were we fuck man.

An even and balanced game where we had the better of the first half and they really came at us in the second after a soft penalty decision. Regardless we held on quite comfortably in the end and remain unbeaten in 8 excluding the City games. We had some very positive performances today from Shelvey in particular, who silenced a lot of his nonsensical critics by showing himself as comfortably one of the best players on the pitch. Kenedy was excellent again and should have stayed on, as with Diame - but I trust there's reasoning behind Rafa hauling them off so won't read to much into that and be disappointed by a sub. Defence were as solid as always and Darlow had some very good moments - enough to keep his place again I reckon. Only real downside to me was Gayle, who honestly seemed to be hiding most of the game. You could also say lack of service in that second half, but he just goes missing imo and doesn't offer himself as an option when the going gets tough. Need better but I'n fully confident Slimani will step up.

We move on.