Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 04/02/18 - Post-match reaction from pg34

Dave

What did we take Kenedy off for man. Lost us the game that, all our attacking threat gone in one sub. Subs were absolute w*** today.

Probably because he isn't match fit. The lad has played fewer than 10 games in two years. Was running in treacle.

Guest firetotheworks

Happily take that tbh. Penalties like that are almost never given, so it's a piss take in a way, but you have to say that on the balance of play, we could so easily have lost that.

Should have been a 1-0 win to us, I still don't see how they got away with calling that a pen for Palace, it's never, NEVER, given in any other game, EVER. I feel cheated over that, a point is better than nothing but there's no way they should have had a pen and been allowed back in to it.  :huff:

Weird result. They had a hatful of chances and probably should have won it, but at half time I thought we'd been the better side overall and could have been further clear. Played some very decent stuff.

They'll be gutted not to have won, feels like we scraped out a point. But overall, just disappointment at another winnable game gone without three points.

We had it. 2 points from Burnley and this is not good.

I think we've failed to beat Swansea, Brighton, Palace and Burnley in our last few fixtures, you go down if you carry on like that, we have to beat teams around us, discounting Burnely who aren't really.

What did we take Kenedy off for man. Lost us the game that, all our attacking threat gone in one sub. Subs were absolute w*** today.

Probably because he isn't match fit. The lad has played fewer than 10 games in two years. Was running in treacle.

Desperate for new signings and all we get are injured and unfit loanees. Fanks mike.

I appreciate the linesman being so fucking sure that was stonewall penalty on a shirt tug never called all season.

His reaction was the best. It was like he had seen someone get uppercutted off the ball. Fucking cunt.

Will take it despite the fact we were ultimately robbed by the linesman.

It was a clear pen

And yet shirt pulling happens every match and they are rarely given.

This one was different because it dicked us, so it needed to be given.

Guest firetotheworks

We've crumbled since the first 30 minutes. Not sure what's happened.

We got fucked over by a pen decision that you almost never see, and certainly one that we never get.

That's how Ritchie plays from the first minute anyway. I'd much rather Kenedy stay on and we actually have an outlet. Our defence is going to be shite either way.

Fucking hell. Well battled, lads, and it feels like a decent point after that second half.

Worth remembering that, for 30 minutes, that was purely our Championship team. Not a single upgrade present, on the side who were getting twatted at Portman Road and Hillsbrough less than a year ago.

They give absolutely everything and the first half gives us cause for optimism.

At home is the killer.