Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 04/02/18 - Post-match reaction from pg34

Dave

Who was that linesman? What was his agenda against us there... clearly something fishy with his overreaction to a 50/50 bit of shirt pulling.

Was he the turbononce that pardew shoved? Been biding his time, probably.

Peter Kirkup?

We had it. 2 points from Burnley and this is not good.

I think we've failed to beat Swansea, Brighton, Palace and Burnley in our last few fixtures, you go down if carry on like that, we have to beat teams around us, discounting Burnely who aren't really.

Posts like this are getting a bit silly imo. Our last two results are above standard.

Palace have beaten Burnley, Southampton, Leicester, watford & Drawn with Man City, Bournemouth, West Ham & Swansea in their last 10 games.

The only side they have lost to is Arsenal twice.

We've got one point from the top 6 is it ? We're now not beating teams around us, as Palace are, we would have gone above them had we won despite their good recent form.

Silly it might be but the brutal truth is, if that continues we go down.

What really fucks me off week in week out is having no outlet. 11 men behind the ball is literally counter-productive and I'm goddamn sure Rafa knows it is.

Hope to fuck the new keeper means we can start playing out from goal instead of kicking long to 2 or 3 midgets that get knocked over by a breath of wind.

Who was that linesman? What was his agenda against us there... clearly something fishy with his overreaction to a 50/50 bit of shirt pulling.

Was he the turbononce that pardew shoved? Been biding his time, probably.

Peter Kirkup?

Nar. Looked way younger I think.

Sky persistently take a negative slant on us. Appreciate they think they need an angle on any game, rather than just reporting with minimal opinion/interpretation what actually occurred (God forbid), but the angle they seem to prefer  in our games is as negative as they come. Banging on about being lucky to not concede another pen as I type. Fucking mentalist reasoning or just plain biased.

Sky persistently take a negative slant on us. Appreciate they think they need an angle on any game, rather than just reporting with minimal opinion/interpretation what actually occurred (God forbid), but the angle they seem to prefer  in our games is as negative as they come. Banging on about being lucky to not concede another pen as I type. Fucking mentalist reasoning or just plain biased.

Utterly biased, Souness spouting his nonsense beforehand says it all.

Happy with the draw in the end.

Need Kenedy to get his match fitness up as we need a good 90 minutes from him - no coincidence we tightened up after he went off, he was absolutely knackered.

Hope Diame isn't too badly injured, been our best midfielder lately.

Slimani needs to hit the ground running and I hope this new keeper is a dominant, vocal type as Darlow causes us a lot of uncertainty back there.

This ref is f***ing unbelievable. How the f*** was that not a foul on Merino!?

This. It's hard enough on our s*** team to defend for their lives, let alone when they seem to be one of the only defences that don't get protection/benefit of the doubt from the ref. I'm happy to admit I'm firmly on the side of conspiracy against NUFC. Refs are bent.

The reason I'm kinda on board with this is its been easy for officials to f*** us over for the last 10 years as theres no ambition or will to win from the top of the club, it creates the conditions where its accepted  :lol:

This. And Sky are a big part of it. The bias in the commentary is laughable. They were willing Palace on at times.

Have Sky completely forgot we've just played Palace?

Aye, if the Liverpool v Tottenham game had been the early kick off they would never have cut to our game like this.

Aye, because they're good teams and the teams that neutrals actually want to watch

We held on quite comfortably.  :spit:

Yep, never felt a goal was imminent tbh. They came at us but we always had the bodies back to defend. Never really stretched to much.

To be fair Zaha basically had everyone on toast, he was by far their best outlet. Can't tackle him or read which way he's going to go, all our players get back to cover. He changes the game on his own, superb player.

Guest firetotheworks

Yep, never felt a goal was imminent tbh. They came at us but we always had the bodies back to defend. Never really stretched to much.

You can't be serious here, like. We had 2 or 3 goal saving blocks, tackles, and saves from in and around the 6 yard box.

Guest neesy111

Our defenders tug more than others imo.  I've been noticing it all season especially with Clark, he got away with a blatant one Vs Liverpool for example.

I'm surprised it took this long for one to be given against him.

To be fair Zaha basically had everyone on toast, he was by far their best outlet. Can't tackle him or read which way he's going to go, all our players get back to cover. He changes the game on his own, superb player.

Yes and despite his dominance and that he had Yedlin beaten every single time, they didn't worry us that much really. They were pretty toothless upfront when chances fell their way.