Newcastle United vs Manchester United - 11/02/2018 @ 14:15 - Live on Sky

I liked him before he came back like, I suppose followers of Spanish football started to hate him before then too. His egotistical craic and the way he seemed to be idolised by his squad back in his first Chelsea stint was petty admirable though. Seemed the same at Inter too.

He didn't seem to take it well as soon as he wasn't at the top, Pep completely cracked him up.

Mourinho is areet IMO.  He looks like a man suffering with a lot of stress and/or depression, hopefully not though obviously.  His handling of the lady physio was terrible and i’m sure it’s something he now regrets. He’s a great character but he seems to have become quite unreasonable and grumpy as the years have gone on.  He’d probably benefit from having a short break from the game i think. 

Just watching "Just call me Bobby" and for all people may not like Jose Mourinho, he was really close with Sir Bob and I think it's a great testament what he's come out with. I doubt he'd give all that much of a fuck about Newcastle if wasn't for Sir Bob but I think Mourinho saw the Newcastle in Robson and now he sees the Robson in Newcastle. Hope we give them a hiding with a booming atmosphere so he makes another one in his post match presser.

I don't mind Mourinho, he's arrogant and grumpy and egotistical, but he knows where he came from (professionally).

I have always felt that he has some soft spot for us, most likely because we were SBR’s club. I used to think that one day he’ll manage us, I used to think he’d want to be the one who does what SBR couldn’t do and bring home a trophy.

When he first came to England he was a breath of fresh air, a real change and the ‘I don’t give a fuck about what you think’ attitude was great. It has grown tiresome in recent years, and he has crossed the line, however I believe he’s very good at reducing the pressure on his players. The biggest shame about him though is that he’s managed some of the biggest clubs in the world and won big competitions with them, and you could argue that he’s only left a legacy at 2 of them.

Dubravka

Yedlin Lascelles Lejeune Dummett

Diame Merino

Murphy Perez Kenedy

Slimani

Subs: Darlow, Manquillo, Hayden, Shelvey, Atsu, Gayle, Joselu

Looking forward to this. Get the strugglers out of the team/squad and have a go.

Even that with Atsu and Joselu starting would be fine, as long as Murphy and Slimani were on the bench.

I really hope this absolutely mad bastard goalie we signed starts playing for us soon. Watched his Welcome To Newcastle vid three times and am quite confident he's going to be my favourite keeper. :laugh: Loves flying about all over the place.

Excited for tomorrow, like. A win would be amazing.

We're gonna win this

Just got one of those feelings.  St James' should be buzzing, we'll get amongst them and stop them playing.  Be one of "those" games, everyone will have wanted to be there

Sunday 14:15 KO suggests it won’t be.

Sadly, I predict this will be Man United's more comfortable wins in recent weeks.

To anyone who actually thinks we can win this game - how exactly do you see us being able to win?

I can realistically see us not getting smashed, but winning, or even drawing - most definitely not.

That's the spirit.

Sadly, I predict this will be Man United's more comfortable wins in recent weeks.

To anyone who actually thinks we can win this game - how exactly do you see us being able to win?

I can realistically see us not getting smashed, but winning, or even drawing - most definitely not.

I can see us possibly winning this game because the law of averages suggests that we're due a home win after our baron spell and that because it's a big game we might have a big game mentality both on and off the pitch.

You need more than that in football, sadly, most of the time to win. However, it'd be typical of us to win today and lose at Bournemouth...

Whenever I've watched Man United this season play teams outside the top 6 they've looked really difficult to get at. Not particularly attractive, but highly functional and solid. Their record does back that up too, only losing to Huddersfield from what I can recall. Their record and failure to turn it on in the big games is the attributing factor to them being so far behind City.

Bristol City and Spurs, Bristol especially should give teams so hope that they can be beaten, but I just don't see our side being the best set to do so. Our strengths so far have been being hard to score against, and being functional. Whilst in my mind, that really hasn't worked on the whole, I do appreciate that our weakness really is being able to attack teams.

Think it was noted on MNF a while ago, that we need far more players involved in attacks to open up teams - which is totally true. But even then, when we do commit forward the abject quality sees offensive situations and transitions break down constantly. That happens against some of the worst defences in the league.

I rate Man United as one of the most defensively solid teams across the whole pitch, so pairing that up with how we struggle to attack effectively, I just don't see us being able to threaten them. That's not even mentioning the quality they have. Likes of Pogba, Lukaku, Martial are well known flat track bullies - and just have a horrible feeling that today will be a day when they turn it on, and the country is left lauding how great Pogba is once more. 

That's the spirit.

:lol:

Whenever I've watched Man United this season play teams outside the top 6 they've looked really difficult to get at. Not particularly attractive, but highly functional and solid. Their record does back that up too, only losing to Huddersfield from what I can recall. Their record and failure to turn it on in the big games is the attributing factor to them being so far behind City.

Bristol City and Spurs, Bristol especially should give teams so hope that they can be beaten, but I just don't see our side being the best set to do so. Our strengths so far have been being hard to score against, and being functional. Whilst in my mind, that really hasn't worked on the whole, I do appreciate that our weakness really is being able to attack teams.

Think it was noted on MNF a while ago, that we need far more players involved in attacks to open up teams - which is totally true. But even then, when we do commit forward the abject quality sees offensive situations and transitions break down constantly. That happens against some of the worst defences in the league.

I rate Man United as one of the most defensively solid teams across the whole pitch, so pairing that up with how we struggle to attack effectively, I just don't see us being able to threaten them. That's not even mentioning the quality they have. Likes of Pogba, Lukaku, Martial are well known flat track bullies - and just have a horrible feeling that today will be a day when they turn it on, and the country is left lauding how great Pogba is once more.

There is no good reason why we should be optimistic about this, but fuck that for a game of soldiers. We may as well cling on to some positive emotion /optimism before the game (not least as it may evaporate pretty sharpish during!). I watched the Old Trafford game. We had a lot of good chances to score more. If we'd gone 2-0, or even lasted another minute or so and got to the break at 1-1, or pulled it back to 2-2 (watch the highlights on .cock, all of those eventualities were possible) then obviously the score line wouldn't have been so empathic and who knows we may have nicked a point or three. In short, this, I.e. we have played well against them and perhaps can do so again (for longer), plus we are so due a bit of luck, will make me optimistic right up to kick-off. After that? Who knows.

Can see Rafa's tactical nouse come to the fore....get everyone behind the ball out of possession. I'll be amazed if he starts a recognised striker. We start with a point at 0-0 - KEEP IT.

I know. I wish he'd throw caution to the wind and ruin our goal difference advantage.

Guest firetotheworks

1. Our poor home performances have come when we've been expected to go at teams and they've sat back knowing we have no strikers and can hit us on the break. Man United won't do that.

2. Our matches at home against the big teams have all been 1-0 losses, or against Liverpool a 1-1 draw, so they haven't thrashed us and it's often been a chance or a decision away from going our way, even in the matches where we had very little possession.

3. Mourinho's never won in the Premier League at SJP.

4. For one of the biggest teams, Man United sometimes slip up at SJP too.

5. We now have a striker, who might play. Meaning the chances we can create are more likely to result in goals.

6. The crowd are more supportive when we're the underdog, up against a big team.

I'm not saying we'll win, it's just a feeling that's fairly justifiable.