Newcastle United 1 - 0 Man United - 11/02/18 - Post-match jubilation from pg22

Dave

That was a hell of a save from De Gea early on; Shelvey fair whacked it and it wasn't like it was central. Great instincts that would've beaten many keepers in this division. Really unfortunate, that.

It was a good height for the keeper, if he'd kept it down might have had a better chance.

Gayle paying the price for all the ridiculous dives.

Doesn't harm Alli or Kane tbh.

I don't understand why our own fans insist on making excuses for shitehouse refereeing.

:thup: Gayle has made some desperate dives at times but why aren't other players' 'cards marked' when they do it so much more fucking often? Because referees are bottling fucking runts. Genuinely can't name a single one that I would consider truly capable these days.

Decent 1st half performance.  We’re so s*** in the final third though it’s unreal.  At least 5 times we’ve got ourselves into a good position and taken too long to take a shot or make a pass and let them off the hook.  Dubravka looks confident and actually good.  Hope we can keep this level up for 90 minutes and not just 45 like we usually do.  Pawson is a bottling little weasel, he was about 5 yards away from that challenge, it was a clear pen and he knows it!  We’ll get f*** all off him apart from the odd free kick on the halfway line.  Hope the c*** gets toothache.

Decent 1st half performance.  We’re so s*** in the final third though it’s unreal.  At least 5 times we’ve got ourselves into a good position and taken too long to take a shot or make a pass and let them off the hook.  Dubravka looks confident and actually good.  Hope we can keep this level up for 90 minutes and not just 45 like we usually do.  Pawson is a bottling little weasel, he was about 5 yards away from that challenge, it was a clear pen and he knows it!  We’ll get f*** all off apart from the odd free kick on the halfway line.  Hope the c*** gets toothache.

:lol:

It does. We didn't get a penalty till Christmas despite a handful of stonewallers. It's been established in the past that referees discuss players known to dive, and fair enough really.

I don't understand why our own fans insist on making excuses for shitehouse refereeing.

:thup: Gayle has made some desperate dives at times but why aren't other players' 'cards marked' when they do it so much more fucking often? Because referees are bottling fucking runts. Genuinely can't name a single one that I would consider truly capable these days.

It was a terrible decision, I'm not interested in whether Gayle has dived in previous matches. If the ref makes a disgustingly bad decision he should be called out for it.

It wasn’t easy to see if it was a pen or a free kick, but to not give a foul at all is batshit mental. Ne wonder Rafa was doing his nut in the end.

The fact it wasn't given confirms the ref thought it was in the box though.

Do fans of other leagues generally consider the standard or refereeing to be so awful? I mean it's not just us, if you go to any other PL team's fan forums you'll see the same complaints about referees.

Probably worse in Spain tbh

Guest firetotheworks

It wasn’t easy to see if it was a pen or a free kick, but to not give a foul at all is batshit mental. Ne wonder Rafa was doing his nut in the end.

[emoji38] :thup:

I was interested so i had a look at penalty stats, we were given 1 in 2014/15, 3 in 2015/16 and 1 this season :lol:

Absolute joke tbh.

To be fair...I'm not sure we get into the box enough to make them stats meaningful :lol:

Nah i've seen loads of cast iron penalties flat out turned down and then the opposition get something which isn't even pen. I hate to be a tin hat cunt but i'm genuinely of the believe the refs hate us tbh.

Nail on the head.