New TV Deal

Just makes it more expensive for the consumer, it's stupid to need three different subscriptions. And you still can't watch all your team's games. Such a mess.

If it's "live on Sky" then it is live on TV.

If it is live on any of these other 'things' then . . . "get that radio on" !!!

I've got Prime anyway, so this'll be canny for me personally. Unless they bump the prices by an unreasonable (IMO) amount to cover this.

:lol: Aye that'll be 2 days of the year I wont just stream it ;)

I've got Prime anyway, so this'll be canny for me personally. Unless they bump the prices by an unreasonable (IMO) amount to cover this.

Probably go up £5-10 annually IMO.

I don't think the price will go up any more than inflation tbh.

2 rounds of games seems more like a way to pull in new customers - it's not a great advertisement for a price increase. They're probably assuming people will come for the footy and stay for the free next day delivery Pot Noodles.

Same here, but I'm getting fed up of paying different companies just so I can watch all the Newcastle games live. The other games are nice to have, but I wouldn't be paying that much just to watch them. I thought by now we would have had the option just to pay a subscription to watch Newcastle games.

Guest firetotheworks

Unless it changes, which it probably will, you can get a new 30 day trial for Prime with every new email address. I've been doing it for like 2 years. :lol:

So packages F and G mean on one bank holiday, and three midweeks, all ten matches will be on TV.

Could that be the Xmas fixtures?

Suspected as much. Seemed the obvious time to do it.

I've got Prime, but Prime Video gets annoyed by my VPN and won't work unless I turn it off. I can genuinely see that I'll end up just illegally streaming those matches as well because it'll be easier. :lol:

Honestly the whole situation is ridiculous. The idea that you have to pay lots of different companies to watch the same product is nonsense. Imagine the uproar if Game Of Thrones had episodes 1, 4 and 7 on Sky, but 2 and 5 on Netflix and 3, 6 and 8 on Prime. Nobody would stand for it.

Most consumers just want to watch their own team. They should sell the rights per team. I get that Man U etc would get a higher bid than Watford irrespective of league positions, but I'm thinking of what's fair to the consumers and maybe there's other solutions for how to divide the money based on performance, like currently?

I also fully understand why the above will never be allowed to happen!

Guest firetotheworks

In a way I think it could be good. Unless it ends up where they're all in cahoots to keep the prices high in the way that the energy companies have done it, it's probably a good thing.

It's not surprising that the big companies are battling it out for the football rights, there's too much on tv to watch these days, but once you've watched the best box sets, the rest is fucking shit. With no football on I'm racking my brains every night to watch something decent and I'm subscribed to everything under the sun.