AFC Bournemouth 2-2 Newcastle United - 24/02/2018 - post match anticlimax p19

Disco

Rafa subbed that victory away from us. Pathetic.

One of the few times I agree with you. People used to go mental when Pardew used to carry out similar approach.

Sick of this moot point.

Unfortunately although you want to see the positives of getting a point from a 2-0 lead, the subs were a major factor just as much as the misses,although for me the subs slightly effected how we attacked on the counter so thats why Im leaning toward the blame on the result being down to doing a shut up shop and hanging on for our lives job, when we looked quite comfortable. Ritchie was having a great game, kenedy looked a bit tired but he still offers plenty in terms of attack and creativity.

I'm not seeing the positives from the result today, complete straw man.

It's the "if Pardew did that" line. Boils my f***ing p*ss.

Is that not something that did happen some seasons ago though? And it wasn't an if. It was he used to do it, and we all f***ing got annoyed. It's swings and roundabouts. Either we get a third and then hopefully kill the game or we make poor/negative subs and hang on inviting piles of pressure onto us and walking away with a draw or nearer the end it could have been a loss.

Pardew had far better players at his disposal during his tenure, hence why people would get annoyed.

This team has to play this way, Rafa's said so himself. This way would've got 3 points had Shelvey or Perez taken either of their chances.

I would never agree those subs are good ideas and didn't cost us the game.

So Perez and Shelvey's misses didn't cost us the game, it was all down to the subs?

The disgraceful negative defensive tactics too - dont forget that.

You can't ignore how regularly we are giving away leads though.

Palace, Burnley and now Bournemouth we've given away leads and 2 of them were late leads which we had past 80 mins.  We'd be almost safe if we had won 2 of those 3.

Any set of fans could make those sorts of points about their teams though. Every team around the bottom (as we are & expected to be) will throw away points. It's part of why we're all in such similar situations. Instead it's more useful to focus on what is, and that is that we're playing better stuff than most of the bottom half, are in better form than most of the bottom half, are less likely to lose matches (based on nearly 3 months of solidity) and have certain form players I am confident will help us to get what we need from what is left. These reasons are why I find reacting to this really quite positive result in a negative way is not useful or really that accurate an assessment either.

Anyone know if Dubravka was at fault for either of their goals?

He got no chance for second. First one is a gamble and he lost it. Some may argue he didn't need to gamble.

What do you mean a gamble? He never moved because the ball was moving all over.

He gambled that the shot would be aimed at the far post and prepared to jump that way.  You can watch the replay and see his stand.

Guest neesy111

Not at fault for either. A combination of Shelvey and Perez's misses, substitutions not working out, and the team once again collectively shitting itself in the last 10 minutes did it.

This.

Guest neesy111

Palace, Burnley and now Bournemouth we've given away leads and 2 of them were late leads which we had past 80 mins.  We'd be almost safe if we had won 2 of those 3.

Any set of fans could make those sorts of points about their teams though. Every team around the bottom (as we are & expected to be) will throw away points. It's part of why we're all in such similar situations. Instead it's more useful to focus on what is, and that is that we're playing better stuff than most of the bottom half, are in better form than most of the bottom half, are less likely to lose matches (based on nearly 3 months of solidity) and have certain form players I am confident will help us to get what we need from what is left. These reasons are why I find reacting to this really quite positive result in a negative way is not useful or really that accurate an assessment either.

It's 3 times in the last 4 games I'm sure all the teams around us have been taking leads and giving them away in that time.  But I guess we all should live in your never criticise world.

We are playing better, but that might not last.

People are acting as though Benitez won't be more pissed off than any of us. :lol:

I'm sure he is, but by the same token he must have noticed withdrawing any attacking threat invites more and more pressure which has historically gone against us this season.

That said there weren't many options on the bench to maintain a threat, Joselu for Gayle not particlarly inspiring. What's up with Murphy that he didn't even make the bench?

One of the few times I agree with you. People used to go mental when Pardew used to carry out similar approach.

Sick of this moot point.

Unfortunately although you want to see the positives of getting a point from a 2-0 lead, the subs were a major factor just as much as the misses,although for me the subs slightly effected how we attacked on the counter so thats why Im leaning toward the blame on the result being down to doing a shut up shop and hanging on for our lives job, when we looked quite comfortable. Ritchie was having a great game, kenedy looked a bit tired but he still offers plenty in terms of attack and creativity.

Is that not something that did happen some seasons ago though? And it wasn't an if. It was he used to do it, and we all f***ing got annoyed. It's swings and roundabouts. Either we get a third and then hopefully kill the game or we make poor/negative subs and hang on inviting piles of pressure onto us and walking away with a draw or nearer the end it could have been a loss.

Pardew had far better players at his disposal during his tenure, hence why people would get annoyed.

This team has to play this way, Rafa's said so himself. This way would've got 3 points had Shelvey or Perez taken either of their chances.

Perez ricocheted from a free kick. Hes hardly going to be planning for it but you are right he maybe could have reacted a bit quicker and done more, Shelveys im not sure if it is Atsu taking a while in his head to decide do I go or cross, again time, and equally finding Shelvey with less time to connect. We are talking about a player who hasnt scored a single goal, its tough.

I just think on this occasion we surrendered a win with the pressure we allowed on us late doors.

Im not agreeing with grumpy wholeheartedly. Or him disliking Rafa.

Just the subs were not what I wanted to see at that stage of the game.

Sick of this moot point.

So Perez and Shelvey's misses didn't cost us the game, it was all down to the subs?

Shelvey made he first goal. Perez second. Without them we even wouldn't have the lead.

Come on man Rafa got the first half spot on no one going to deny that, but he really did one of the worst subs ever and completely backfired. I think we would simply win today if he didn't make any subs. It's that bad.

Manquillo for Ritchie could be viewed as the only option if Ritchie's knackered, but then it's his fault for leaving Murphy at home which is a ridiculous decision on it's own. Hayden for Gayle was moronic. Completely wrong message to send. Stick Joselu on and make him fight for it.

Also, Hayden ahead of Merino? When was the last time Hayden even touched the ball in a meaningful way? Weird, weird choices.

Also, that pass by Atsu doesn't have enough on it.

Sick of this moot point.

Shelvey made he first goal. Perez second. Without them we even wouldn't have the lead.

Come on man Rafa got the first half spot on no one going to deny that, but he really did one of the worst subs ever and completely backfired. I think we would simply win today if he didn't make any subs. It's that bad.

Kind of leaning in this direction myself. Taking Gayle off sent a message of the wrong sort to Bournemouth who were getting their tails up already.

It's 3 times in the last 4 games I'm sure all the teams around us have been taking leads and giving them away in that time.  But I guess we all should live in your never criticise world.

No need for the pettiness, I'm clearly not saying don't ever criticise; I'm saying why only criticise when much of today was positive and that the bigger picture actually looks quite good for us at the moment in comparison to the team around us. Of course I'm going to focus on offering that perspective when I log on to see what is clearly overreaction and unduly harsh criticism for a team that is playing out of it's skin to keep us in the league.

No need for the pettiness, I'm clearly not saying don't ever criticise; I'm saying why only criticise when much of today was positive and that the bigger picture actually looks quite good for us at the moment in comparison to the team around us. Of course I'm going to focus on offering that perspective when I log on to see what is clearly overreaction and unduly harsh criticism for a team that is playing out of it's skin to keep us in the league.

:thup: Hit the nail on the head and it’s staggering that people are having to point out the bigger picture..

Hayden, Atsu, and Manquillo shouldn't be anywhere near a Premier League football pitch. Honestly can't understand why Rafa brought any of them on. We were playing well and looking the most likely to score another before the negative substitutions.

Kenedy was shite. Atsu did absolutely fine when he came on. Massive ott.

Hayden, Atsu, and Manquillo shouldn't be anywhere near a Premier League football pitch. Honestly can't understand why Rafa brought any of them on. We were playing well and looking the most likely to score another before the negative substitutions.

Looked really unfit. Weird given we had 15 days without a game

Guest neesy111

Aye, thought Atsu was better than Kenedy until we conceded the first.

Kenedy was s****. Atsu did absolutely fine when he came on. Massive ott.

13 days :thup:

Kenedy was s****. Atsu did absolutely fine when he came on. Massive ott.

13 days :thup: