Liverpool 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 03/03/18 - Post-match reaction from page 11

BlueStar

We’re just a Sports Direct football team. Bargain basement, too good for the Championship (currently) and too poor for the Prem.

Not really doing much for me from an entertainment perspective either, but that’s just the way football is when it comes to the haves and the have nots.

At least we’re not Sunderland.

Anyway, we were always losing that. Two absolutely colossal games coming up; frustrating there's such a long gap in-between them. Seems so daft when you consider spells like Christmas/New Year, and they're cramming in as many fixtures as possible... meanwhile we're going to have to wait exactly three weeks between games. Has that ever happened before?

Guest reefatoon

Well that was mind numbing, and totally expected.

That’s why I switched it off after the first few minutes when I saw how we had lined up. Was always only going to go one way. Not really in the mood to celebrate a 2-0 defeat either, just because it wasn’t a humping.

Anyway, we were always losing that. Two absolutely colossal games coming up; frustrating there's such a long gap in-between them. Seems so daft when you consider spells like Christmas/New Year, and they're cramming in as many fixtures as possible... meanwhile we're going to have to wait exactly three weeks between games. Has that ever happened before?

Might work in our favour in regards to Shelvey and Slimani (Well, maybe if it was 3 months.  :lol:)

That’s why I switched it off after the first few minutes when I saw how we had lined up. Was always only going to go one way. Not really in the mood to celebrate a 2-0 defeat either, just because it wasn’t a humping.

:lol: FFS nobody's celebrating

Done by ball watching and players being out of position when caught on the transition. Defensively very comfortable I thought but them are the margins. Zero attacking threat really which is disappointing and kind of negative subs in being like for like. I would have started with Perez over Atsu. Diame very good again and Kennedy my MOTM for us. He was everywhere and we have to sign this lad. If he wasn’t so preoccupied with getting back and defending, he’d be a real threat. I like him a lot. They are a great team, one of the best inEurope, so it’s no shock really, but for all our good defending they didn’t really get out out of second gear at times. Such a shame for Rafa to have to come to Anfield which is essentially a Championship side.

I thought Kenedy was shite, amazed he could be someone's MotM

Guest reefatoon

I never said anyone was, I just said I am not.  Oh, I missed the FFS out.

I just thought it was amusing that you added that.

Guest Howaythetoon

Hilariously reckless from Lascelles at the end. :lol: :lol:

How he didn't give away at least one penalty and possibly a red card at the end is beyond me.

I don’t think there was a penalty in the game, there was no way he could have got out of the way. He was stupid on the last challenge mind, but I think it was a natural reaction that most even the best defenders would have made. He got away with it and we deserve a bit of luck. I was more pissed off with the way he left Salah when marking him to make a run central which left Salah free on goal.

Guest Howaythetoon

Gave the ball away a few times and was irritating with some of his decision making but he was a constant outlet. Carried the ball forwards, never stopped at both ends and is clearly a very good player. Our best player alongside Diame.

Guest firetotheworks

Lascelles not getting a red card could possibly keep us up. Stupid decision from him and the wrong decision from the ref... again.

Guest Howaythetoon

Merino looks unfit, low on confidence and seems to be playing in lead boots. He’s a good player though.

Guest reefatoon

Baking myself a rice cooker panettone in celebration.

:lol: Make 2 to celebrate the amount of goals

Guest firetotheworks

Lascelles needs a strong word after that. Idiocy.

Aye, he needs to start on the mirror.