Newcastle United 1 - 0 Huddersfield Town - 31/03/18 - Post-match joy from pg 14

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Never knew that a keeper could pick it up if it was kneed back to him

I wouldn't have known either if it wasn't for You Are The Ref in The Guardian.

We've been absolutely fantastic and the thing about Gayle is that he's done everything right except finish; it's so frustrating. He finds space really well, he times his run well, he communicates a lot and - in play - he doesn't let his head go down. He keeps finding the chances and everyone around him is doing well, just cannot finish his breakfast.

If we don't win it rests almost solely at his feet which would be pretty gutting for him. :lol:

But aye, I think we've been excellent. Shelvey and Diame, in this form, are genuinely one of the best CM combos I've seen play for us. They've both been ace.

Creased at how much Huddersfield have had to alter their style in this league considering how their fans were going on last year when Rafa rinsed them at their place. They literally thought they were Liverpool.

:lol: The patter on their forums was absolutely abysmal like.

We should be 2 up. Hope this doesn’t come back to bite us. They’re there for the taking if we don’t get frustrated.

Can’t fault anyone but Gayle really. Team playing well, especially at the back and midfield.

Is that right or is Merson talking shit?

Commentator on my stream said the same, he actually mentioned it even before he picked it up so presume he's correct.

Stifler disagrees so that confirms it as well

These cunts couldn't beat a 10 man Swansea when given 80 minutes. They have zero intent to attack us.

Think that does us a bit of a disservice. We've passed and moved them all over the place.

Great half bar the usual Gayle finishing. He is half a great player, usually in the right place and great movement but boy could we be 6 places higher if our front line could finish more regularly. So frustrating. This is what relegates teams. If we stay up I hope the bulk of our funds go on two quality strikers and and number 10.

Is that right or is Merson talking shit?

Commentator on my stream said the same, he actually mentioned it even before he picked it up so presume he's correct.

Stifler disagrees so that confirms it as well

:lol: :lol:

How the fuck was that not a backpass at the end of the half there?

It was, how the fuck the referee never gave it though?

It might have something to do with the referee coming from Huddersfield.

Came off the players knee apparently which doesn't count.

Whats the point in the rule if that is the actual intent either way?

These cunts couldn't beat a 10 man Swansea when given 80 minutes. They have zero intent to attack us.

Think that does us a bit of a disservice. We've passed and moved them all over the place.

I agree, I meant we should have nothing to worry about defensively as they are toothless. We could or should be atleast 2 up.