Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Sunderland have been taken over by the owner of Eastleigh?

The only thing I know about them is that they are a small club, with a small stadium and ideas above their station. Can anyone tell me about Eastleigh?

[emoji23][emoji23]

Stealing that

Mick McCarthy rumoured to be inbound as their new gaffer.

If Cardiff don’t go up, I’d throw good money at Warnock if I was them.

I think either would comfortably get them promoted as Champions.

The challenge they'll have is the season after when they've no parachute payment, poor crowds and much better squads to play tbh.

Next year is a foregone conclusion imho.

Hang on, I thought this is what they wanted. Short to leave and take all the debt with him is outstanding, imagine the scenes here if Ashley did the same.

This is a good an outcome as they could've reasonably hoped for.

Short is nuts to write it off. He should have suspended it pending their reemergence and made it kick in upon championship play off qualification, promotion etc etc.

Guest neesy111

Hang on, I thought this is what they wanted. Short to leave and take all the debt with him is outstanding, imagine the scenes here if Ashley did the same.

Short is nuts to write it off. He should have suspended it pending their reemergence and made it kick in upon championship play off qualification, promotion etc etc.

That's what he's tried to do all season though without success.  He just wanted rid.

That's what he's tried to do all season though without success.  He just wanted rid.

Yeah but to write off that volume of cash completely man, he should just administered the filthy cunts.

A billionaire has left them and they've been taken over by a 'group of investors'. Investors want a return on their investment. They won't throw good money after bad like Short did.

Why would either drop down to that cesspool? Surely they could easily get jobs in the Champo.

A billionaire has left them and they've been taken over by a 'group of investors'. Investors want a return on their investment. They won't throw good money after bad like Short did.

Aye, I suppose it's not a great change in the grand scheme of things.

Why would either drop down to that cesspool? Surely they could easily get jobs in the Champo.

McCarthy has already briefed the local media that he wants it apparently.

Mental cunt.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think of the two Warnock will have better offers at that level. Although I want Fulham to go up automatically now that they re my ‘second’ team, if they don’t I’d love for Warnock to take Cardiff up and keep them up just for him really as I quite like the mad bastard and feel his careeer deserves that :lol:

Mental cunt.

Did they not hound him out last time?

Mental cunt.

Did they not hound him out last time?

Aye, after a wonderful bottom of the table relegation season where he only managed 16 points.  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Decent Championship manager is Mick Mccarthy, but that’s about it. He will do well in League 1 with the mackems if they get him and get his kind of players in. It will still be tough though. I fancy play-off heart break for them next season :lol:

It’s a genuine chance for them to rip the club up and start again mind, got to be said. It’s potentially a new, clean slate with no manager, no CEO, loads of players to be sold or moved on, new league and new owners with no debt. They’ll not get a better shot at it but I’m astonished he’s walked away and wiped the debt out too though. They’ll start as favourites to win the league but it’s still a long road back and they’ll need to build 2 or 3 teams to get back where they were a few years ago. Cunts.

Great news for them, bad for those who want to see this continue. It was great fun but now they have hope and optimism. Probable promotion.

Such a shame.

Everything is so definitively doom and gloom with you :lol:

This consortium could be a complete gang of wankers and fraudsters for all we know.

The new owners state they are going to run the club realistically. That means they are going to live within their means. Sure they may 'buy' their way to winning League 1 with the parachute payments but they've got no sugar daddy financing them anymore. They'll get the money to run the club the old way i.e. by fans buying match tickets. TV money is next to nothing in League 1 and the Championship. If they ever get back to the Premier league they'll be miles behind the other teams (we struggled by missing one season of the £100m+ TV money).

Great news for them, bad for those who want to see this continue. It was great fun but now they have hope and optimism. Probable promotion.

Such a shame.

Fuckin hell they are in league 1. Who cares if they have hope. They are now more irrelevant than ever