Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

That play off defeat became a great turning point for the better. It ultimately led to the Hall and Keegan years. Had we gone through we’d have been promoted regardless and it’s possible that Jim Smith would have been in charge for a few more years as we languished in the lower reaches of the new top division with the Hall boat sailing by.

I was at the match and devastated by the result but I’m pleased it happened looking back. They can have the bragging rights, I’ll take the Keegan years.

Seen as a lot on here would be happy to see him leave!

I take it we now admitting he is a very good manager?

No, it's purely for the comedy factor, he's not a bad manager imo but he's not world class.

Not world class when he's got 13 trophies :lol:

Took them 17 posts before the first "West Ham are a bigger club". Daft cunts :lol:

Which ironically is also stating that West Ham are bigger than SAFC.... which I am sure they will dispute (3 league titles in 1900s, Bank of England Club, 6IAR, 9-1 FTM etc)

Took them 17 posts before the first "West Ham are a bigger club". Daft cunts :lol:

Which ironically is also stating that West Ham are bigger than SAFC.... which I am sure they will dispute (3 league titles in 1900s, Bank of England Club, 6IAR, 9-1 FTM etc)

There is only one measurable that currently puts West Ham as a bigger club than us and that's current attendance, they've impressively sold out over the last two seasons in the stadium they hate. But honestly it's not even a debate outside of that small point.

They could be playing at SJP next year after all with Exeter City in the league tow play off final with a 3-1 win over Lincoln City tonight. Exciting days ahead for them :)

There is only one measurable that currently puts West Ham as a bigger club than us and that's current attendance, they've impressively sold out over the last two seasons in the stadium they hate. But honestly it's not even a debate outside of that small point.

Yeah but we also sell out our capacity. So basically the only measurable is down to the fact they got gifted a higher capacity stadium really

They doctor their crowds anyway. Stadium has a capacity of 57k but never looks more than 75% full. More people have watched NUFC this season than West Ham whatever they try to tell us.

Surely the mackems aren't, in all seriousness and with a straight face, now using attendances to quantify relative club size?

Though the laws of mackematics will doubtless somehow decree that this doesn't similarly apply to comparisons between them and us.

Or are they just basing what they say on London being, in their eyes, a more affluent and attractive place to live than Newcastle? Again, rather shaky ground for them on that score too. :lol:

38 pages for the Rafa thread!

Janey seems to have reappeared and has posted links to any tweet / article that hints at Rafa leaving!

She absolutely loves a Rafa thread mind and displays that curious mix of, don't rate him but still have an obsession about him managing the Mags, behaviour so evident across there  :)

Mind she is the bitterest of a bitter bunch when it comes to NUFC. When you actively campaign to have a young fella with a family sacked from his job because he supports a football team you don't like, you should probably take a step back from it all.

38 pages for the Rafa thread!

Janey seems to have reappeared and has posted links to any tweet / article that hints at Rafa leaving!

Exciting times for the League one club

Now's the time to start collecting all these posts where they're desperate for him to go and how screwed we'd be without him, to look back on if he stays and they start saying he's shit again.

Now's the time to start collecting all these posts where they're desperate for him to go and how screwed we'd be without him, to look back on if he stays and they start saying he's shit again.

Exactly what i was thinking.