Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

How can the running costs be so high before they've even payed a player ?

He's come from running a non-league club - just things like non-playing staff salaries, stadium running bills, policing costs etc will be way more than he's used to.

We should put a lowball offer in for their academy complex.  It still isn’t too far from us and it’s of a far higher standard than ours.

Ha ha ha, I like this idea, it is in Tyneside after all. Imagine the levels of fewm... :lol:

FFS, obviously one of the many Chronicle sister papers, by the style of the website, do those papers not bother with editors ? First few words: "It became know as the game of shame"

My dear old man and an 8 year old me were there. There was no shame at all, my Dad spent the last 20 minutes of the game laughing uncontrollably. Tommy Hutchison of Coventry and Gerry Gow of Bristol sat on the floor in the centre circle chatting for ages, while the game continued. Goalkeepers kicking the ball to each other. All while the electronic scoreboard highlighted the Mackems defeat at Goodison.

Grump old mans take on our fianances...

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/so-here-it-is.1432454/

From that I’d say we’re in a decent position.

He's just regurgitated a weeks worth of NUFC twitter info and passed it off as insight :lol:

No chance. He's very good at what he does. He wouldn't sully himself. It's a good view as he's looking for the absolute negatives and really, it's not too bad.

Plus he’s going to have to effectively use the clubs money to pay Uncle Ellis back at some point isn’t he?

It’s a bit like taking on a run down pub which is falling to bits, the brewery giving you the beer to sell then expecting the money back at some point.....

Plus he’s going to have to effectively use the clubs money to pay Uncle Ellis back at some point isn’t he?

It’s a bit like taking on a run down pub which is falling to bits, the brewery giving you the beer to sell then expecting the money back at some point.....

Or it's a bit like having AIDS, you're fucked.

The way they are tugging themselves stupid about what Charlie Methden said is typical. 

He is a PR man, plays to the masses but if we laugh at his transparent shite we are ‘rattled’ :)

The way they are tugging themselves stupid about what Charlie Methden said is typical. 

He is a PR man, plays to the masses but if we laugh at his transparent shite we are ‘rattled’ :)

They're so weird man  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Grump old mans take on our fianances...

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/so-here-it-is.1432454/

From that I’d say we’re in a decent position.

He's just regurgitated a weeks worth of NUFC twitter info and passed it off as insight :lol:

No chance. He's very good at what he does. He wouldn't sully himself. It's a good view as he's looking for the absolute negatives and really, it's not too bad.

He seems one of the most balanced on there...

Guest Howaythetoon

Mind I don’t think he’s said anything that isn’t known or can be found out even by people who don’t have a clue about a football club’s accounts!

Their own club though, they are probably going to have 5 or so years outside of the PL just becoming an average Championship side because they don’t and won’t have the kind of money to get them into the PL. No-one will come in an invest the sums needed because there won’t be a return.

The new owner his return is getting his hands on a big club and being able to do what he couldn’t do with Eastleigh, league football and if all the stars align, a PL club one day which isn’t a pipe dream which Eastleigh would be. For their fans, they need to accept that they could be just another Sheff We’d/Sheff Utd/Leeds/Forest for a very long time.

Mind the manager is so important, the right man can make the difference as we have found out with Rafa. Such a manager a get them up and not nessacrily need lots of money to do it, but those managers are few and far between. The Championship is more competitive than the PL and I can see more and more people buying up Lowe league clubs to try and get on the PL gravy train, people with money who will put in money to try and achieve that.

The Don, however, is basically on the dole compared to most owners when it comes to money and their club has no money whatsoever, not even enough to sustain itself.

It’s going to be a long long hard road and although we laugh at them, as fans all they ever wanted was to beat us of course, a cup run which they had and to be a top-flight club which again they had for a few years. But they just couldn’t sustain it because in part to awful managerial appoints and having to spend daft money on fees and wages to attract not even half decent players to Sunderland.

We have had a similar time since Ashley took over only with the highlight of a top 5 finish, European football back at SJP and some very decent players play for us. The end result was the same, relegation and being unable to compete. At least Short fucking tried though.

I mean we are in danger of becoming a parody of ourself as a club in the way they become.

They have the hope of a fresh start though and like that article Dave posted a few weeks back, the PL isn’t the be all and end all as a fan, not if you are just going to make up the numbers.