Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Looks like the best fans in the world haven't been able to sell their tickets for tonight's crucial promotion game at the mighty Accrington Stanley  :lol:

#our fans  #everybodyscupfinal  #trafalgarsquare

No way?!

Looks like the best fans in the world haven't been able to sell their tickets for tonight's crucial promotion game at the mighty Accrington Stanley  :lol:

No way?!

www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/accrington-stanley-v-sunderland-wednesday-april-3rd-ko-7-45pm.1468328/#post-29446552"]Accrington Stanley v Sunderland.  Wednesday April 3rd KO 7:45pm[/url]

1250 sold and 1400 returned according to this thread. Best fans in the world marra  :lol:

No way?!

www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/accrington-stanley-v-sunderland-wednesday-april-3rd-ko-7-45pm.1468328/#post-29446552"]Accrington Stanley v Sunderland.  Wednesday April 3rd KO 7:45pm[/url]

1250 sold and 1400 returned according to this thread. Best fans in the world marra  :lol:

To be fair, some of them are probably still hungover from Trafalgar Square.

Simultaneously the hardest fans to have ever gone to football but also the most liked and classiest.

It's amazing how they rewrite history about their sewpa hard fans, as I went to a few games at Roker in the 80's/early 90's when football hooliganism was in it's pomp, and our lot wandered around with impunity and absolutely took the piss....they were literally nowhere to be seen. Sunderland was a stroll in the park compared to most grounds back then (especially Boro) but reading their threads on RTG, and it's about how they smashed everybody and anybody there.  :lol: :lol:

We were there in the 92/93 season (Liam O'Brien over the wall) and we basically took over the place and there was nothing they could do about it. Not only did we have the entire Roker End but they also moved their own fans out of the Clock Stand Paddocks and handed that over to us as well. I remember we parked up about a mile from the ground and it was NUFC everywhere, in fact we barely seen a mackem until we got inside. It was just one big pisstake and something they've never been able to do up here. Officially we had 7k there I think but in reality it was a whole lot more than that.

Boro on the other hand was very dodgy. Only went to Ayresome Park once (beat them 3-1 in the league cup) and that was a pretty intimidating experience. Even the first few years at their new ground you had to have your wits about you.

Roker park was a breeze I was there for the 0-0 in 90 (Burridge pen save, 91-92 liam obrien in the fog and the over the wall the year after. The worst shit we got was bricks being thrown on walk from Seaburn to the ground. Boro and Ayresome park on the other hand was a Different beast entirely you risked your life going there especially by train with the subway in the station

Boro on the train. It would stop at Thornaby, cops would get on and point to a patch of wasteland where their "lads" were and tell you if anyone wanted to get off for a fight by them they ( the police) wouldnt be around to be involved........no one got off the train.

When I grew up and worked down that way I was told it only really happened when we went, consequently others (Danny Dyer voice) "took liberties"

Simultaneously the hardest fans to have ever gone to football but also the most liked and classiest.

It's amazing how they rewrite history about their sewpa hard fans, as I went to a few games at Roker in the 80's/early 90's when football hooliganism was in it's pomp, and our lot wandered around with impunity and absolutely took the piss....they were literally nowhere to be seen. Sunderland was a stroll in the park compared to most grounds back then (especially Boro) but reading their threads on RTG, and it's about how they smashed everybody and anybody there.  :lol: :lol:

We were there in the 92/93 season (Liam O'Brien over the wall) and we basically took over the place and there was nothing they could do about it. Not only did we have the entire Roker End but they also moved their own fans out of the Clock Stand Paddocks and handed that over to us as well. I remember we parked up about a mile from the ground and it was NUFC everywhere, in fact we barely seen a mackem until we got inside. It was just one big pisstake and something they've never been able to do up here. Officially we had 7k there I think but in reality it was a whole lot more than that.

Boro on the other hand was very dodgy. Only went to Ayresome Park once (beat them 3-1 in the league cup) and that was a pretty intimidating experience. Even the first few years at their new ground you had to have your wits about you.

Was at both of them and agree- the Boro league cup game was the only time Ive ever been worried about my safety at an away game :lol:

edit- re roker park remember 1 game in the 80s must have been around 16 or 17 with my mates, just giving them shit and taking the piss outside the Fulwell end, nobody said a word back, they just shuffled past as fast as poss to get in the turnstiles. :lol:

I went to Teesside Uni - 92/96 and only lived a couple of streets from old Ayresome Park. Walking around town, used to see more Newcastle shirts (inc myself) than Boro. Mind, I wasn't daft enough to show my colours on a matchday!

No way?!

Shewerly not marra. It's more likely that the evil Accrington Stanley are part of the metropolitan elite working with BBC Look North and the North Sea to make Sunderland look bad.

No way?!

Wow!

:lol:

Guest godzilla

Barnsley dropping points at home at the weekend has f***ed everything.  Mackems are gonna go up in 2nd :anguish:

They should beat them and Rochdale it's their run of games againstBurton, Coventry, Doncaster, Peterborough and Portsmouth which will decide and all games coming one after the other. Not over yet by a long means.

Guest godzilla

I personally want them back in the Premier League. I miss the derby.

Be years before they’re anywhere near the premier again. Only hope for a near future derby is if we go down.

Every time they walk on to the pitch I want them to lose 5-0, therefore I never want to see them anywhere near the PL ever again.

Every time they walk on to the pitch I want them to lose 5-0, therefore I never want to see them anywhere near the PL ever again.

This^

Guest godzilla

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/newcastle-fc.1468356/page-4#post-29462647

What absolute and total s*** it's always been Howay and not Ha'way - makes it even worse when somone claiming to be a Newcasle fan states he thinks it's also Ha'way. Typical mackems telling lies again to make themselves feel important. Think they should listen to the 74 Cup Final record for a start.

Roker park was a breeze I was there for the 0-0 in 90 (Burridge pen save, 91-92 liam obrien in the fog and the over the wall the year after. The worst shit we got was bricks being thrown on walk from Seaburn to the ground. Boro and Ayresome park on the other hand was a Different beast entirely you risked your life going there especially by train with the subway in the station

Middlesbrough was always a bugger because of the rozzers too. It didn't matter so much who you were up against, but you knew if it was West Mids, South Yorks or Cleveland Police it would be a miserable awayday.

Same, but at the same time I do also miss the derby games. It is a strange one :lol: A cup game (with their actual team) once every few years would be enough