Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest godzilla

I personally want them back in the Premier League. I miss the derby.

Every time they walk on to the pitch I want them to lose 5-0, therefore I never want to see them anywhere near the PL ever again.

Same, but at the same time I do also miss the derby games. It is a strange one :lol: A cup game (with their actual team) once every few years would be enough

Our  :)

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/newcastle-fc.1468356/page-4#post-29462647

What absolute and total s*** it's always been Howay and not Ha'way - makes it even worse when somone claiming to be a Newcasle fan states he thinks it's also Ha'way. Typical mackems telling lies again to make themselves feel important. Think they should listen to the 74 Cup Final record for a start.

Eh - WTF?!? Does metro man live in Sunderland?!

"I can't speak for all mags - but all those I do know say 'Haway'."

What absolute and total s*** it's always been Howay and not Ha'way - makes it even worse when somone claiming to be a Newcasle fan states he thinks it's also Ha'way. Typical mackems telling lies again to make themselves feel important. Think they should listen to the 74 Cup Final record for a start.

Im not even sure how to pronounce that and make it sound right?

is it like a mocking laugh.  Ha way

or is it like har way

its just natural with an o , 

Guest godzilla

Unreal totally unreal

Every time they walk on to the pitch I want them to lose 5-0, therefore I never want to see them anywhere near the PL ever again.

Same, but at the same time I do also miss the derby games. It is a strange one :lol: A cup game (with their actual team) once every few years would be enough

oops, aye. Preferably FA Cup too so it's one people even remotely care about

Saying he remembers "Hawaii 5 oh" not "Howaii 5 oh" when even a quick Google search of the DVD cover shows it's "Howay 5 oh" ffs.

Just had a quick browse and one thing I notice, they argue with their lies and history rewriting until they're blue in the face, but as soon as actual undesputable facts are laid down in front of them the immediate response is "Why are you on a rivals message board 24/7 It's sad, you're obsessed, fuck off mag" :lol:

Guest godzilla

oops, aye. Preferably FA Cup too so it's one people even remotely care about

O0

Guest covmag

Said it before , let the fuckers go up as seems likely and they should having the biggest everything in the 3rd division, embarrassing for them to not walk it so they can fuck off with that one.

Not a chance they will be in PL for 3-4 seasons at best, they can’t even win the shit clubs cup  :lol:

Sunderland  :lol:

They lie and lie and lie about something, until eventually they all actually start to believe it. Like when the fuck was it ever Ha'way for us?

They do it time and time again and it's all to just make themselves feel better. Sad weird, bunch of utter idiots.

Guest reefatoon

Just had new neighbours move in next door. They have three little boys, two of whom are named Peter and Reid. The third one is called Byron, sadly not Nyron.

Just move mate. They will be shitting through your letterbox in no time.

Just had new neighbours move in next door. They have three little boys, two of whom are named Peter and Reid. The third one is called Byron, sadly not Nyron.

Wait 'til you see their dog, Bobby Saxton.

Wait 'til you see their dog, Bobby Saxton.

:lol: They're from outback Ohio, so obviously they know all about the world-famous Sunderland AFC.

As it happens, both spellings of howay and haway used to be used by our fans.

A couple of pics from the FA Cup final in 1974 and the 1976 League Cup Final...

PA-389806.jpg

http://www.themag.co.uk/assets/Newcastle_United_Fans_NUFC_03.jpg

It only settled on the current spelling in the late 80s, I believe.

Guest godzilla

As it happens, both spellings of howay and haway used to be used by our fans.

A couple of pics from the FA Cup final in 1974 and the 1976 League Cup Final...

PA-389806.jpg

http://www.themag.co.uk/assets/Newcastle_United_Fans_NUFC_03.jpg

It only settled on the current spelling in the late 80s, I believe.

No the club has always used Howay (see the official 74 cup final record) and it's how it's always been said this side of the river. Could be supporters from the South side of the river in those photos.

No the club has always used Howay (see the official 74 cup final record) and it's how it's always been said this side of the river. Could be supporters from the South side of the river in those photos.

Aye fair point on the club using it but to be fair to the mackem (?) he was talking about fans, was he not? (Haven’t read the SMB link tbf)

Guest godzilla

Aye fair point on the club using it but to be fair to the mackem (?) he was talking about fans, was he not? (Haven’t read the SMB link tbf)

I know what you're saying  O0 but this side it's always been Howay, what they are trying to say is that we only changed it to be different to them which is a total load of shit. In all my years I have never known one person this side of the river use Ha'way. These are probably Durham fans or mackems supporting Newcastle. What is certainly accurate though is that until the late 80s, Sunderland supporters used to class themselves as Geordies even though they were not.

My 1991 scarf with black and white on one side and the yellow and green change colours on the other says ha'way. The 1974 open topped bus for the cup final was marked "Howway The Lads" with two Ws. The standardisation of howay is pretty recent.