Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

:lol: :lol:

I still don't get why this is laughed at so much or why H&S should be of any concern when its voluntary work. For those that have volunteered it is giving them the opportunity to do something productive for what they believe is a good cause and builds a closer relationship between them and the club. "It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city" - some people just ignore the business side of things in football and enjoy it for what it is, and if they can give the club they love and their fellow supporters a nicer and better place to watch their team I bet they are proud to be able to be part of that and its a win win for the club itself.

More clubs, even at higher levels, should look to do similar things imo.

Pete Crann

@petecrann79safc

2h2 hours ago

Replying to @SunderlandAFC

can those that are taking part bring their own tools or do we have to use what the club provide to abide by H&S

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes

MickyJ

‏ @mickyj111

2h2 hours ago

Don’t worry, the whole place will be full of tools.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

:lol:

:lol:

Fuck sake man conjo. Theres plenty of ways clubs can get the fans involved without using them to change the seats and i bet those fuckers have never volunteered for anything else in their life

We are laughing because of how small time they have become. This sort of stuff is what you expect from league 1 clubs man.... oh wait.  :lol: :lol:

Yeah, the issue is that these fans have been taken for a ride by their club. The new owner should've treated the fans with some dignity and funded the seat-change himself or via a loan, or even a GoFundMe or whatever, but not relied on fans' actual labour.

I know there's plenty of ways to get fans involved but most of those ways are very superficial. Here the fans can make an actual contribution. Yes its small time, but is small time necessarily a bad thing? I'd like more clubs to operate more small time instead of the de-personalized corporations they are now. Many on here complain about being disillusioned by the way football is these days, yet laugh at this. I just don't get it, sorry :lol:

Yeah, the issue is that these fans have been taken for a ride by their club. The new owner should've treated the fans with some dignity and funded the seat-change himself or via a loan, or even a GoFundMe or whatever, but not relied on fans' actual labour.

Its volunteered work. Nobody had to help out but they chose to. If nobody had shown up, the club would have had to sort it out by other means or not at all.

Its volunteered work. Nobody had to help out but they chose to. If nobody had shown up, the club would have had to sort it out by other means or not at all.

You may find the optics endearing and something that reminds you of the 1800s, but for most of us, we just feel sorry for these fans who're being fooled by a new owner who seems hellbent on populist moves exactly such as these, and tweeting gleefully about his own importance. The Don has way too much in common with The Donald, if you ask me.

The BBQ with players, management and the board has turned into a sandwich and a soft drink at Quinn's Bar.

Wonder what the shirt launch funfair is going to end up as.

"Nurse please to the Tunnel of Goats."

I still don't get why this is laughed at so much or why H&S should be of any concern when its voluntary work. For those that have volunteered it is giving them the opportunity to do something productive for what they believe is a good cause and builds a closer relationship between them and the club. "It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city" - some people just ignore the business side of things in football and enjoy it for what it is, and if they can give the club they love and their fellow supporters a nicer and better place to watch their team I bet they are proud to be able to be part of that and its a win win for the club itself.

More clubs should look to exploit their fanbase for free labour? :lol:

This isn't some altruistic gesture by SAFC aimed at bringing the fans and the club closer together, even though the club have tried to paint it as such. It's very clearly about Donald not wanting/not being able to fork out for the installation of new seats while spinning a yarn about having a budget the envy of League One etc. To cap it off, their multimillionaire owner has fucked off to Russia to watch the World Cup while the fans do the work he should be paying professionals for. For free.

If Sainsbury's suggested you to come round and stack the shelves for nowt you'd tell them to shove their nectar points up their arse. This is no different.

Guest chopey

This isn't some altruistic gesture by SAFC aimed at bringing the fans and the club closer together, even though the club have tried to paint it as such. It's very clearly about Donald not wanting/not being able to fork out for the installation of new seats while spinning a yarn about having a budget the envy of League One etc. To cap it off, their multimillionaire owner has fucked off to Russia to watch the World Cup while the fans do the work he should be paying professionals for. For free.

If Sainsbury's suggested you to come round and stack the shelves for nowt you'd tell them to shove their nectar points up their arse. This is no different.

If NUFC asked you to go and help clear snow off the pitch would you ?

If NUFC asked you to go and help clear snow off the pitch would you ?

Would I fuck :lol: I'd ask why the cheap cunt hadn't turned the undersoil heating on.

Alternatively man with millions and millions of pounds, has conned a ton of people into working for him for free. To do a job that actually only professionals should do, and you wouldn’t even see at conference level.

Maybe if he loved the community he could have employed a local firm to do it? You know put some money into the local economy. Instead he’s fucked off on holiday

I think its more complicated to assemble a flat pack from Ikea than change a fucking seat. Professionals needed  :lol: Usually it is local businesses that support the local football club, not the other way around btw.

Yes it is different. These people have volunteered to help their local club, not a business with no connection to the area.

I think a lot of you are overly cynical of this and making it out to be way worse than it is.

Im not saying I think their owner is good guy or anything, just before anyone jumps further on those kinds of assumptions. It's just in this particular instance I don't understand your opinions.

can see where conjo is coming from 100% personally, it's not unprecedented for clubs to ask fans for help in times of trouble it's usually more they ask for straight up financial help than something like this

if it was another club i'd probably think fair play but it's these dafts cunts so it's hilarious

Guest Howaythetoon

Alternatively man with millions and millions of pounds, has conned a ton of people into working for him for free. To do a job that actually only professionals should do, and you wouldn’t even see at conference level.

Maybe if he loved the community he could have employed a local firm to do it? You know put some money into the local economy. Instead he’s fucked off on holiday

He is false as fuck and them numpties have bought into him and his spiel which as funny as it is, is tragic too as there are no doubt genuine fans who would help the club for nowt.

He will run that club on fumes and hope to pocket big money after a few years if they get back into the PL. Only they won’t because he has less money than the back of my sofa and no-one good wants to join that club, managers and players. They will not go up this season and I predict a few years down in league one for them.

Guest Howaythetoon

He is way out of his depth and bringing Methven in alongside him was a desperate move, although his cheap dig about Newcastle fans being arrogant definitely bought him some favour with the masses.

Private Eye in it's recent scathing write up about "Thatcher worshipping smoothie chops" Methven describes how he took staff to task about modest expenses claims while claiming ridiculous amounts himself for lunches etc.

Now they've got fans fixing the seats while the boss is on a jolly to Russia.

The more level headed and astute mackems themselves must be beginning to wonder how this is going to pan out.

Do you have a link for that marra?