Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stewart-donald-admits-very-very-14774594

Stewart Donald admits 'very, very few' Sunderland players want to stay after relegation

Stewart Donald has been tweeting about Sunderland's wantaway players and changes to the Stadium of Light for next season

By Stuart Rayner

Stewart Donald has admitted very few Sunderland players have said they want to stay at the club next season.

The Black Cats’ new owner has also revealed they will replace the faded pink seats at the Stadium of Light.

Donald has been very clear he does not want those who are not committed to being at the Stadium of Light, but the indications are that most are rushing for the exits. The businessman, who has been equally adamant he will not sell players for less than they are worth, is expecting a big overhaul of the squad this summer after consecutive relegations have seen them drop into League One.

Donald responded to a question on Twitter by saying: “There are very, very few players who have indicated they wish to stay with the club next season. So it is fair to expect a lot of comings and goings in the next few weeks. We do not need to sell any player who shows a desire to stay – but there aren’t many of those!”

Sunderland accepted a £6.6m Torino bid for midfielder Didier Ndong, but the Italians have been unable to agree personal terms. They have turned down at least two bids for Paddy McNair, who is interesting Brighton and Hove Albion and Wolverhampton Wanderers. He is one of 11 who joined as senior players when the Black Cats were in the Premier League.

“Reality is that not many of our current playing squad fancy playing League One football regardless of how or why we find ourselves at this level – albeit the agents are talking for some of them!” Donald tweeted. “I am sure some will stay and be happy to do so. We will see.”

So far Sunderland are yet to make any transfers under new manager Jack Ross.

And in a move sure to please supporters, Donald revealed he has ordered new seats to replace the faded ones at the Stadium of Light. They have become a source of embarrassment, and a sign of the neglect at the club towards the end of previous owner Ellis Short’s tenure.

“Not the most important job at @SunderlandAFC but one ticked off nonetheless,” he tweeted. “An order for 31,500 seats to replace those pink seats is being made so please look out for a press release over the coming days where we hope the fans can come down and help us to replace them.”

Donald has spoken in the past of his desire for supporters to help redecorate the ground as a community-led effort.

Say each seat with installation costs 100 pounds, 31,500 of them, will cost 3 million !! No that can't be right because that's a third of his wealth ! On new soon to be pink seats. Must be closer to 10 quid a seat I guess. But for a div 3 team, upwards of 300k is a significant chunk of change, most clubs don't spend that on their entire transfer budget in that league...priorities !

Say each seat with installation costs 100 pounds, 31,500 of them, will cost 3 million !! No that can't be right because that's a third of his wealth ! On new soon to be pink seats. Must be closer to 10 quid a seat I guess. But for a div 3 team, upwards of 300k is a significant chunk of change, most clubs don't spend that on their entire transfer budget in that league...priorities !

Hopefully the Don is taking the Peter Ridsdale approach to running a football club here by sending them further into debt on pointless extravagances. Goldfish in the boardroom next?

I thought they were asking fans to come along to fit the seats and then spend some money afterwards on beer and a BBQ. Community innit.

Think that was the original plan to cut costs but in the cold light of day letting 100s of pissed up mackems loose with power tools would have caused a health and safety headache and they are getting skilled tradesmen in to do it instead.

Guest chopey

"How would you like your time in League One to be remembered?"

"Simply as the team and fans who put a smile on the face of all they met".

I was suprised last time we went down how much the Championship sides wanted to beat us I thought they would treat a game at St James as a day out and love the fact they were playing there. How wrong I was and I imagine League one teams will be even worse.

I thought they were asking fans to come along to fit the seats and then spend some money afterwards on beer and a BBQ. Community innit.

He has asked them but can you imagine it.... 'Great, he's got a screwdriver and a spanner, he has a wrench..... why's that bloke got a roll of toilet paper????'

Think that was the original plan to cut costs but in the cold light of day letting 100s of pissed up mackems loose with power tools would have caused a health and safety headache and they are getting skilled tradesmen in to do it instead.

I would imagine there is some sort of safety concern too here, surely legally they'll have to be certified or something.

The Don seems determined that they're going to be ran like a non league club  :lol:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stewart-donald-admits-very-very-14774594

And in a move sure to please supporters, Donald revealed he has ordered new seats to replace the faded ones at the Stadium of Light. They have become a source of embarrassment, and a sign of the neglect at the club towards the end of previous owner Ellis Short’s tenure.

“Not the most important job at @SunderlandAFC but one ticked off nonetheless,” he tweeted. “An order for 31,500 seats to replace those pink seats is being made so please look out for a press release over the coming days where we hope the fans can come down and help us to replace them.”

Donald has spoken in the past of his desire for supporters to help redecorate the ground as a community-led effort.

Is there going to be a community-led effort to find some lawyers when someone sues them when they're injured by a collapsing seat?

Guest covmag

they have to sell a lot before they can get anyone, the wheels are falling off now  :lol:

the feel good factor is going,  :lol:

The other issue they have really not factored in is, they obviously need a bunch of new players. The ones they have don't want to soil themselves with that division. But who is going to want to join them ? If it were only a matter of adding a few players to a core then fine, get some loans in take a few of the brightest stars from the lower reaches, Scotland (where you can bet the majority of their incommings will come from) and non league. But you are talking about a whole new team, that's not easy. The manager has no experience of taking a bunch of players who think they are too good for the division they are playing in and making them give him 100% effort, this has been made next to impossible by an owner who has clearly stated they are not wanted.

It's only June so they have plenty of time, but they've got to get a move on, first to get rid of the players that are eating at their finances and then replace the heads with others wiling to play in that league for a club that has historically failed over and over.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think they will finish outside of the playoffs next season, it won’t be the walk in the park many assume.

"Cattermole is keen to leave the club after a difficult few seasons for both club and player, but with the 30-year-old previously signing a deal which could see him stay until 2021 - a contract agreed with then CEO Margaret Bryne - it may be a more difficult situation than the Rodwell one, due to the former Manchester City man only have one-year remaining on his deal.

With the player and his agent - who, coincidentally, is Margaret Byrne - keen on getting every penny he is entitled to over the length of his contract, discussions that will see the player leave the Stadium of Light may be slow-going."

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2018/6/12/17452954/an-update-on-the-contract-situations-of-sunderland-midfielders-jack-rodwell-and-lee-cattermole

How the hell did the nonce harbourer get away with that?!

Guest ElCid

No fucker wants to stay with the inbred fucks however the wages they are on and he fact they are pretty shit will mean that very few Championship clubs or foreign clubs will be going afer them - the players currently there won't take a wage cut to move on (i.e. N'Dong) and so they will stay and see out there contracts or be loaned out with wages in part being subsidised by the club; meaning the club and owners without a pot to piss in will be putting all the revenue into paying wages for unmotivated players which I very much doubt they can afford with the actual revenue coming in. Add to the point that Short is owed 40 million (and I can only see the parachute payments being the source of revenue for this as the new owners can't aford it). Let the third division stars sink into their hole as this is going to play out very badly - popcorn at the ready!