Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

He’s one of the best strikers in the world and although he’s as good as Shearer was at his peak, he’s got a better footballing brain on him which means even when he plays deep, he doesn’t look like someone who is out of place. Which striker in the PL is better out of interest?

Aguero,Lukaku,Jesus,Salah there's 4 I'd rather have playing for us than Kane

He's also not in the same league as an all round player as Suarez,Cavani or Lewandowski imo

I just think he gets far too much praise and is vastly over rated just like I said Vardy is and got shot down for it

But hey as I said it's all opinion based and I respect others opinions I'm just stating mine

Harry Kane's last 4 seasons playing in the Premier League, the supposed "best" league in the World.

2014-15: 21 in 34, as well as 7 goals in European Competitions.

2015-16: 25 in 38, Premier League top scorer.

2016-17: 29 in 30, Premier League top scorer.

2017-18: 30 in 37, as well as 7 goals in European Competitions, and a World Cup Golden boot. 47 goals in 54 competitive games for club and country this season.

For a striker, that is pretty World Class to me. He arguably has a better all round game than Aguero, Lukaku, Suarez and Cavani as well.

Personally I think he’s stronger in all areas apart from his movement. Lukaku’s off the ball movement is absolute class but his control and decision making is much weaker than Kane.

Not even gonna compare with Jesus, as he’s miles away from being the finished article. Potentially he’s gonna be world class but he’s nowhere near Kane right now.

Penalties shouldn't count ?  :lol: :lol:

Alan Shearer doesn’t like the implications of this...

It's such nonsense, last minute and say your team is one down and you're given a penalty, so with all that pressure you score but it shouldn't count toward the golden boot ?

Ridiculous  :lol:

He’s one of the best strikers in the world and although he’s as good as Shearer was at his peak, he’s got a better footballing brain on him which means even when he plays deep, he doesn’t look like someone who is out of place. Which striker in the PL is better out of interest?

He's also not in the same league as an all round player as Suarez,Cavani or Lewandowski imo

I just think he gets far too much praise and is vastly over rated just like I said Vardy is and got shot down for it

But hey as I said it's all opinion based and I respect others opinions I'm just stating mine

Harry Kane's last 4 seasons playing in the Premier League, the supposed "best" league in the World.

2017-18: 30 in 37, as well as 7 goals in European Competitions, and a World Cup Golden boot. 47 goals in 54 competitive games for club and country this season.

For a striker, that is pretty World Class to me. He arguably has a better all round game than Aguero, Lukaku, Suarez and Cavani as well.

I'm sorry but he doesn't  have a better all round game than Suarez he's the most complete and best number 9 in the world at the moment. Suarez work rate and vision is light years ahead of Kane

Guest Howaythetoon

I wouldn’t swap any of them for Kane other than Suarez who is probably the 3rd or 4th best player in the world. Salah is a great player, but lets see how he does the next few seasons first. I’m sure he will continue to score goals mind.

Every player you mentioned are all top players with different attributes so fair enough, but Kane has it all IMO and seems a big game player too with great mental strength. Like I said, I think he actually has a footballing brain on him and can see not only Shearer in him, but Sheringham too.

He has scored 6 goals and will likely end up the golden boot winner, this without any real service or performing anywhere near like he can. Previously for England our better players haven’t turned up and you felt that for them to do anything they would have to. With Kane I think he would get goals regardless as he has shown because he has that knack.

With better service we could be playing tomorrow and you never know. Without his goals, we ou lent have made it out of the group stages and performance wise, he was vital against Colombia and Sweden to a lesser degree.

Guest Howaythetoon

Personally I think he’s stronger in all areas apart from his movement. Lukaku’s off the ball movement is absolute class but his control and decision making is much weaker than Kane.

Not even gonna compare with Jesus, as he’s miles away from being the finished article. Potentially he’s gonna be world class but he’s nowhere near Kane right now.

Good points regarding Lukaku whose game has improved in that regard, but inside the box his momevemnt is nowhere near as good as Kane’s. One thing about Kane outside of the box is that he’s a wait and see type, he stands around static a lot and that is the sign of someone who is just waiting and waiting... it’s how he plays for Spurs and now England so it’s not realy his game to be full of movement and mobility outside of the box. I think that wouldn’t benefit him when it comes to his job which is to score goals, it may help the team more, but we would still need a Harry Kane in the box. That said, it’s not like he just stands still all game. He’s very clever and I’ve noticed he reads defenders superbly, often anticipating a mistake or a miscontrol. Shearer was the same.

The Don’s been running his mouth again on Twatter:

We can all see we need 6 or 7 new players that are going be quality. We are on it just give us 1 week or 2 max. We have bids out there and yes we r slightly behind the curve but there has been much to do and we know we need some quality additions. Just a little more patience

Leave it to me then . We all know we need some extra quality. I am on it please just give me a week or so. Don’t panic I want a successful season as much as u. I am helping Jack get the extra 6 or 7 players we think we need.

Understand that but 6 or 7 new quality signings will make a huge impact and add to the squad. We are getting close on the ins and outs. Business was always likely to be done a little later this season for us. I want to win as much as everyone else - we are working hard on it

I have less patience with myself than you then . We can all see what is needed - it was always going to be like this at the start of ore season but it’s where we end pre season that matters. I know what we need and more importantly Jack does!

You are just concerned like everyone else. Not a dickhead at all - you just want the best for the club. I understand that - no issue at all. I will do what I said. Biggest budget. A big enough transfer kitty and wronguns gone. I just need the transfer window to play out

Yes and we were out muscled at Darlington apparently. We see it and we are on it.

What could possibly go wrong?

We can all see we need 6 or 7 new players that are going be quality. We are on it just give us 1 week or 2 max. We have bids out there and yes we r slightly behind the curve but there has been much to do and we know we need some quality additions. Just a little more patience

Leave it to me then . We all know we need some extra quality. I am on it please just give me a week or so. Don’t panic I want a successful season as much as u. I am helping Jack get the extra 6 or 7 players we think we need.

Understand that but 6 or 7 new quality signings will make a huge impact and add to the squad. We are getting close on the ins and outs. Business was always likely to be done a little later this season for us. I want to win as much as everyone else - we are working hard on it

I have less patience with myself than you then . We can all see what is needed - it was always going to be like this at the start of ore season but it’s where we end pre season that matters. I know what we need and more importantly Jack does!

You are just concerned like everyone else. Not a dickhead at all - you just want the best for the club. I understand that - no issue at all. I will do what I said. Biggest budget. A big enough transfer kitty and wronguns gone. I just need the transfer window to play out

Yes and we were out muscled at Darlington apparently. We see it and we are on it.

Good heavens has he really called his employees "wronguns"

Guest Howaythetoon

Comes over as an rambling idiot there. He seems far to precious as well, practically begging for patience and there is no excuse for his poor grandma.

Comes over as an rambling idiot there. He seems far to precious as well, practically begging for patience and there is no excuse for his poor grandma.

Is she ill?

What's happened to his grandma??

As you say he's begging for fans to trust him this guy is an absolute charlatan a chancer and people like this can easily con them brain dead idiots who are desperate to be loved

Once these are in the bottom 6 or 7 come October this guys goose will be cooked

Guest Howaythetoon

I don’t know how the mackems react to his tweets (I can guess they hang off his every word), but seriously if anyone in a senior position at our club went on like that on social media I’d want them peddled or to stop. It doesn’t come across as genuine either despite the seemingly heartfelt pleas and open dialogue. It comes across rather embarrassing, tweeting like that just tells me he is out of his depth, doesn’t have a clue, and is using fans’ good will to fill them with absolute guff.

Maybe he’s started the drinking early over in Russia. Mind, he has a right to celebrate after his team come from behind to grab a draw with the mighty Hartlepool. If only the half England half Mackem team could have found an equaliser the other night...

Then again, can you imagine what state the Don would be in on his return if that happened, he’d probably go on the biggest spending spree in the history of League One. Can’t have them back in debt...

Guest Howaythetoon

I love how the RTG witch trials immediately tar and feather anyone who is slightly suspicious of The Don and isn't quaffing the Methven CoolAid.

It’s like Rawk on steroids over there.

The Cult Of The Don.

Scary.

No objectivity whatsoever, yes they are desperate for a saviour, a new era, some hope and positivity so I can understand all that, but base it on some reality, facts and at least some form of tangible evidence.

They still have a number of players on huge money and a squad that hasn’t been strengthed at all. The manager has no track record either. All the red seats and season tickets sold in the world won’t help them go up and nor will some random gibberish. Guff that says nowt about their situation (it says more about his own with the begging and it’s tough you know mantra actually) and how it’s going to be fixed.

Again I think they will struggle. The mackems are in for a culture shock like those that visit the sol with their team and will see through these chancers soon when their promises and bravado amount to nothing but wind.

:lol:

Hehehe

Lost to Darlington, last minute equaliser to tie Hartlepool.  But they are going to piss the league. 

They better hope that they don't lose to Boro or RTG will melt down.

Now has anyone got the number of the team that just played Everton?  The Don would like to arrange a quick scrimmage

Guest Howaythetoon

To be fair friendly results can mean nothing, look at when LO thrashed us 6-1.

For them though they could do with some momentum and a buzz about the new manager and team, losing and drawing to their closest rivals can’t be helping the mood.

Luckily for them though, The Don will be along soon on twiter telling them everything’s great and when he’s back from Russia he plans to replace even more seats. They’ll have to do it themselves of course. Worth it for a bottle of water marra!