Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

I was at Priestfield tonight, they're the luckiest buggers going. 4 shots on target and 4 goals. Gills missed a load of chances and probably deserved a point.

To further reinforce what a thoroughly strange bunch this lot are, "Moira" got the stadium announcer to propose to Liam Clough for her. What a romantic gesture, popping the question on a temporary stand in Gillingham. This was followed up by Moira's mother asking for an answer after half-time. :dowiespin: :lol:

KKKlinikell marra.

'It’s incredible how much they’ll defend Rafa. I’ve not seen anything like it in football, probably ever.

The funny thing is when you break it down he used to manage Liverpool, Chelsea and Real Madrid once upon a time. In mag logic they think having Rafa as manager puts them toe to toe with those kind of clubs on the size radar. They were spells last season where the mags would have wanted any manager in the world other than Rafa out of the door. Even Pardew out achieved the great Rafa at Newcastle. A 5th place finish and no relegation.'

Demented

Such hypocrites man. If they were treading water in the prem you think they'd be talking about rather being in League 1? Or if they had a manager who'd won the champions league who we know is far beyond what we've had before? They'd probably take Ashley on financials because  Short has fucked them but taking the objective high ground. Every one of those posts on there is complete horseshit.

Such hypocrites man. If they were treading water in the prem you think they'd be talking about rather being in League 1? Or if they had a manager who'd won the champions league who we know is far beyond what we've had before? They'd probably take Ashley on financials because  Short has fucked them but taking the objective high ground. Every one of those posts on there is complete horseshit.

Even when we were at the top end of the Championship and they were on their way to relegation a few seasons back most on there wouldn’t have traded places.

'It’s incredible how much they’ll defend Rafa. I’ve not seen anything like it in football, probably ever.

The funny thing is when you break it down he used to manage Liverpool, Chelsea and Real Madrid once upon a time. In mag logic they think having Rafa as manager puts them toe to toe with those kind of clubs on the size radar. They were spells last season where the mags would have wanted any manager in the world other than Rafa out of the door. Even Pardew out achieved the great Rafa at Newcastle. A 5th place finish and no relegation.'

Demented

Imagine what someone remotely competent could have done with the team we had under Pardew man.

Demented

Imagine what someone remotely competent could have done with the team we had under Pardew man.

As much as i detest Pardew i don't think even anyone competent would have got us higher than 5th. the gods were aligned that season and we finished 5th under a clown i think that was our ceiling though

'It’s incredible how much they’ll defend Rafa. I’ve not seen anything like it in football, probably ever."

From the set of fans that bought flowers for the manager's wife  :lol:

And hang on aren't these the same lot that are always banging on with exaggerated stories about us hounding managers out and not supporting them? If I didn't know better I'd say it's almost like newcastle fans just can't win with them pesky mackems  :rolleyes:

Hardly.

Even if they lose this, they're still in the playoffs, it's really early in the season and they're close to the top spots.

They may not walk the league, but they're going to do pretty well in it this year. That's more a reflection of the league than them, mind.