Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/checkatrade-trophy-3rd-round-draw.1454292/page-34

Bitterness all over in here as well as how big a game this is now for them.

Indeed, if we win, great, but it’s not the end of the world

Top two imperative, then play off if needed

Excitement, the mags can drone on all they like, but their messiah has them trying to bore 1-0 wins, whoever they play.

Under the cover of no investment blah blah blah. He has them a point above warnock. Riveting

Trying to pretend that league 1 is a better place to be again.

In the Checkatrade trophy, we are classed as an Invited club.  Here is a direct extract of the rules from their website:

7.8 Each Invited Club must ensure that in each Match at least six of the starting eleven players named on the Team Sheet are players who were aged under 21 as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned commenced; and no more than two players who:

(i) are aged 21 or over; and

(ii) have made 40 or more appearances in a First Team Fixture (either in the starting elven or as a playing substitute)

Therefore as I understand it, we can use any two players who've been in our first team a while and three other first teamers who haven't played here for more than a season or two. We don't have any other first team players young enough to qualify as an U21.

I hope the club backs our bairns and gives over a couple of our best players for this game.  This is a once in a generation chance to really put the boot in to those m*ckem cunts by having them lose a derby to our bairns.  Kind of trumps all their shit about 9-1, 6 in a row marra etc.

In the Checkatrade trophy, we are classed as an Invited club.  Here is a direct extract of the rules from their website:

7.8 Each Invited Club must ensure that in each Match at least six of the starting eleven players named on the Team Sheet are players who were aged under 21 as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned commenced; and no more than two players who:

(i) are aged 21 or over; and

(ii) have made 40 or more appearances in a First Team Fixture (either in the starting elven or as a playing substitute)

Therefore as I understand it, we can use any two players who've been in our first team a while and three other first teamers who haven't played here for more than a season or two. We don't have any other first team players young enough to qualify as an U21.

I hope the club backs our bairns and gives over a couple of our best players for this game.  This is a once in a generation chance to really put the boot in to those m*ckem cunts by having them lose a derby to our bairns.  Kind of trumps all their shit about 9-1, 6 in a row marra etc.

If the bairns beat these (big if I know - Stoke U21 took them to pens mind  :cheesy: ) it would not only be the most embarrasing defeat in their entire history it would be the worst defeat in their entire history. Doesn't matter what they say or do to try and play it down - if it occurs the matter of fact is that it would be - added to that fact that their official records will state that for evermore  [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Guest firetotheworks

Similar to them being catastrophically shit last season but still having safety within touching distance.

I still think they'll come up no bother like, but it would be canny funny if they stayed down there for a while.

Similar to them being catastrophically shit last season but still having safety within touching distance.

I still think they'll come up no bother like, but it would be canny funny if they stayed down there for a while.

If they don't finish in the top 2 they wont go up through the play offs im convinced of that

Surely there’s not actually going to be a big crowd by the way?

If the show was on the other foot and we were playing their Under 21s at SJP, I’d be embarrassed to go. Could understand them bringing a few to rub it in, but I’d cringe if we had a big crowd for it.

They will count this in their unbeaten record against us, no doubt.

They will try and everyone will just laugh at them - the fact that they have to play our kids in an official fixture is plainly embarrasing - and if the kids win they will never live it down

You look at the support some of the continental U21's (etc) get at their derby matches, it's pretty incredible. I know our U23 matches at SJP just attract a load of stupid teens who think they're some sort of hooligan firm, but I don't think it's anything to be scoffed at supporting your club against your rival in this example.

Some of the reactions are classic English (or NUFC, at least) responses. Belittling people for making an effort.

You look at the support some of the continental U21's (etc) get at their derby matches, it's pretty incredible. I know our U23 matches at SJP just attract a load of stupid teens who think they're some sort of hooligan firm, but I don't think it's anything to be scoffed at supporting your club against your rival in this example.

Some of the reactions are classic English (or NUFC, at least) responses. Belittling people for making an effort.

Spot on. I can’t believe there are supposed Newcastle fans on here saying away fans should be banned. Wtf is that all about? We should take as many fans as we can. The potential to beat those f***ers on their own turf with our kids against their full team is a chance in a lifetime! They would never live it down, it would wipe away every s*** defeat we’ve lost to them. It would be f***ing hilarious!

We’ll sell out our allocation because we have so many f***ing idiots in the fan base. Michael Martin will be there jizzing over it.

Yep, the usual suspects will already be moist at the japs eye in anticipation of the opportunity to embarrass themselves/the club/the north east in general.

The young uns need as much backing as they can possibly get. Only an idiot would suggest we throw them in there with no positive support behind them at all. Remember it's a first team game for Sunderland and you can guarantee it will pull in their biggest gate of the season. We should be looking to take as many tickets as possible.