Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

They're really enjoying the season though, so much so that 8200 bothered to turn up for an FA Cup match.

I personally wouldn’t belittle their support, especially in games like this. In jest maybe, but nothing more. They are a well supported club and like our own club, don’t quite deserve such a following or haven’t exactly done anything to justify such a following.

I’ve never been one for belittling the free tickets thing either, although I’m pretty sure it wasnt some altruistic act of charity by the club to reach out to the wider community in the way cheaper season tickets or price freezes at our own club wasn’t either.

What I do think the free ticket thing and their attendance figures do show, however, is the sol’s capacity is far too large for the kind of club Sunderland are and their fanbase where full houses are conditional and based on so many factors.

Our full houses is pretty much unconditional, although I think if the roles were reversed, we’d do well to get 30k gates as well.

They should have capped it at a max of 40k.

Their attendances shouldn’t be mocked and we shouldn’t compare our own against theirs or anyone else’s really.

If anything both clubs’ large followings have been as much of a curse as a blessing. 50k averages every home game in the top-flight of the championship has made life much easier for the likes of Mike Ashley.

Clubs whose attendances should be mocked are Man City and Chelsea.

Wigan/Bolton generally get mocked for having so many empty seats or used to even when they were a PL club, but some clubs will never be able to pull in a huge following ever home game or even away and while bigger capacities help clubs to grow and for more and more people to attend, every club will have a hardcore unconditional following and it’s that following who will always follow their club no matter what.

I was at Brisbane Road a few weeks back to watch Gateshead, over 4000 home fans and 30 or so Heed fans. The away part of the South stand was empty, but Gateshead aren’t going to take a thousand or so fans away from home and Orient arent going to suddenly grow an extra 1,000 followers just to watch them play Gateshead in the conference.

Why should a club’s true following/support be judged like that?

Fair enough at City or Chelsea whose success if enjoyed at NUFC or Sunderland would fill tens of thousands of more seats where as if they swapped places with our clubs there would be even more empty seats.

8k for a Tuesday 2nd Round FA Cup match given where Sunderland are at right now shouldn’t be mocked, I bet most of those fans were kids and families and not regulars. Our own cup attendances have always been boosted by non regulars who without we would see similar figures as regular match day going fans decide to give such games a miss.

Why anyone would want to go to watch any of our clubs right now boggles the mind like, especially our games.

Thing is though when they were giving their 000s of free tickets they were all lapping it up about how massive and wonderful their crowds were. This season they are all saying how wonderful this year is, best football in years and much better than struggling in the Premier. Fuck them thst attendance tonight was pathetic and nobody can try and make excuses for it.

They're really enjoying the season though, so much so that 8200 bothered to turn up for an FA Cup match.

I personally wouldn’t belittle their support, especially in games like this. In jest maybe, but nothing more. They are a well supported club and like our own club, don’t quite deserve such a following or haven’t exactly done anything to justify such a following.

I’ve never been one for belittling the free tickets thing either, although I’m pretty sure it wasnt some altruistic act of charity by the club to reach out to the wider community in the way cheaper season tickets or price freezes at our own club wasn’t either.

What I do think the free ticket thing and their attendance figures do show, however, is the sol’s capacity is far too large for the kind of club Sunderland are and their fanbase where full houses are conditional and based on so many factors.

Our full houses is pretty much unconditional, although I think if the roles were reversed, we’d do well to get 30k gates as well.

Their attendances shouldn’t be mocked and we shouldn’t compare our own against theirs or anyone else’s really.

If anything both clubs’ large followings have been as much of a curse as a blessing. 50k averages every home game in the top-flight of the championship has made life much easier for the likes of Mike Ashley.

Wigan/Bolton generally get mocked for having so many empty seats or used to even when they were a PL club, but some clubs will never be able to pull in a huge following ever home game or even away and while bigger capacities help clubs to grow and for more and more people to attend, every club will have a hardcore unconditional following and it’s that following who will always follow their club no matter what.

I was at Brisbane Road a few weeks back to watch Gateshead, over 4000 home fans and 30 or so Heed fans. The away part of the South stand was empty, but Gateshead aren’t going to take a thousand or so fans away from home and Orient arent going to suddenly grow an extra 1,000 followers just to watch them play Gateshead in the conference.

Fair enough at City or Chelsea whose success if enjoyed at NUFC or Sunderland would fill tens of thousands of more seats where as if they swapped places with our clubs there would be even more empty seats.

8k for a Tuesday 2nd Round FA Cup match given where Sunderland are at right now shouldn’t be mocked, I bet most of those fans were kids and families and not regulars. Our own cup attendances have always been boosted by non regulars who without we would see similar figures as regular match day going fans decide to give such games a miss.

Why anyone would want to go to watch any of our clubs right now boggles the mind like, especially our games.

Rubbish. I've never known a group of fans big themselves up anything like what they do. No well supported club gets a crowd 4 figure crowd for an FA Cup game.

No doubt the back patting will return when they get 30k+ when they play our junior team and the fact that it'll prove that they've only turned out to watch our U21s instead of their own team will go straight over their heads.

Mackem

Rubbish. I've never known a group of fans big themselves up anything like what they do. No well supported club gets a crowd 4 figure crowd for an FA Cup game.

No doubt the back patting will return when they get 30k+ when they play our junior team and the fact that it'll prove that they've only turned out to watch our U21s instead of their own team will go straight over their heads.

yep- they have been wanking themselves for 40 years over a similar sized  crowd we had for an end of season dead rubber against Wrexham in the 70s.

£15?!

From .com;

Checkatrade Trophy:

mackems (a) details

Newcastle's U21 side will play their last 16 tie in the Checkatrade Trophy at the stadium of plight on Tuesday January 8th 2019.

Kick-off is at 7.45pm and a result must be achieved on the night. If the scores are level after 90 minutes then the tie will go straight to penalties.

The tie is all ticket and Newcastle will receive an unspecified allocation of seats. Details of how and when they go on sale are yet to be confirmed.

Ticket prices have been confirmed however - and in what looks like an attempt to deter fans from attending, adult admission has been set at £15 (£5 for U16s/ over-65s).

That compares unfavourably with their home tie in the last round of same competition less than two weeks ago, when adult admission was just £3.

Tickets for their FA Cup defeat by the mackems on Tuesday night meanwhile were £10, tempting just over 8,200 punters.

As a top-flight side, United will field their U21s with some scope to include over age players. It's officially a first team game for the third-tier mackems.