Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

If Dell was that interested in them why didn’t he just buy them outright by himself?  ???

Yeah I’m a bit confused by that.

There’ll be some money put in but I think they’re underestimating the amount to get them competing at a decent PL level.

They’ll never be a man city etc so it’ll be interesting whether they could sustain PL mid table with their shit revenue

Is any club allowed to do a Man City now?

Tbf to the cunts anything is better than scrapping around with Accrington every year.

Bring them on.

Guest godzilla

If Dell was that interested in them why didn’t he just buy them outright by himself?  ???

There’ll be some money put in but I think they’re underestimating the amount to get them competing at a decent PL level.

They’ll never be a man city etc so it’ll be interesting whether they could sustain PL mid table with their s*** revenue

Sounds to me that it's going to be a Barnsley type takeover with owners who are rich but ensuring the club is living within it's means. Dell is not one of the Directors so he may have a minor interest (seen nowhere to confirm this either) but certainly not involved in the actual takeover. FFP is big in the EFL and my guess if they were wanting to spend mega money on competing with Man City then Dell would be the owner; and they would be buying out a premier league club, not one which is not even guaranteed to get out of the 1st division. It could take maybe 500 million just to get them competing in the premier league and it may also take a number of years to do so.

Anyone who thinks this is anything other than fantastic news for them is kidding themselves. Its a dream come true for them and if it had happened to us over the summer we would have been having parties. It is exactly the takeover scenario we were pinning our hopes on.

If we are not rid of Ashley within the next couple of years....and have him replaced by owners with true ambition...then SAFC will eclipse NUFC for the following 5 years and beyond. This could be their Keegan 1982 moment. Grim.

Guest The Little Waster

Best thing that could happen is them overtaking us and shaming us ... maybe then the dolts that masquerade as fans will wake up

Best thing that could happen is them overtaking us and shaming us ... maybe then the dolts that masquerade as fans will wake up

Nah. We'd just end up being eclipsed by them and the same dolts scratching their heads wondering how it happened when we have a friendly and local manager at the helm.

Guest godzilla

Anyone who thinks this is anything other than fantastic news for them is kidding themselves. Its a dream come true for them and if it had happened to us over the summer we would have been having parties. It is exactly the takeover scenario we were pinning our hopes on.

If we are not rid of Ashley within the next couple of years....and have him replaced by owners with true ambition...then SAFC will eclipse NUFC for the following 5 years and beyond. This could be their Keegan 1982 moment. Grim.

Is it a Barnsley type takeover though?, we will have to see as if it is, then nothing much to get worked up about. We don't know and will have to wait to see to find out - my gut feeling is that it is a Barnsley type though, as owners wanting to really invest would be going for a premier league club not a club in division 1. As I said wait and see.

Guest The Little Waster

Is it a Barnsley type takeover though?, we will have to see as if it is, then nothing much to get worked up about. We don't know and will have to wait to see to find out - my gut feeling is that it is a Barnsley type though, as owners wanting to really invest would be going for a premier league club not a club in division 1. As I said wait and see.

Sir John Hall took us over when we were in the old division 2 . Financially it makes more sense to buy cheap in a lower league then grow the club

Guest godzilla

Sir John Hall took us over when we were in the old division 2 . Financially it makes more sense to buy cheap in a lower league then grow the club

Totally different ball game then to now. John Hall's investment would get nowhere near now as he wouldn't have the money for a start.

Its cheaper to buy a smaller, poorer club but it wont reap the same rewards if you turn it around. The sleeping giant is a good club to buy because its got so much room for improvement. Blackburn won the league with 10x the investment we had but it couldn't last because that was maxing the potential of the club out at 30,000 gates for 2years. Here, if the ground was big enough, it would be twice that. Less investment needed to maintain once you get there.

What gets me about these is that they were dropping to their natural level (cheap tickets, freebies - turnover akin to Norwich) when Drumville came in.

Drumville got spent into oblvion and an American billionaire came in to stop them dropping to their natural level.

When he had enough propping them up they dropped to their natural level and now mega-riches are coming in to stop them staying there.

All whilst we are held back, deliberately by our owner and slowly dying as a result.

That's sound. Given what it could cost to get into and stay in the PL - without PL money to reinvest - you could buy several PL clubs comfortably. Guess nobody is available. Know that's the case with us. And their current custodians are desparate. Shows what you can do when you really want to sell or really want investment.

What gets me about these is that they were dropping to their natural level (cheap tickets, freebies - turnover akin to Norwich) when Drumville came in.

Drumville got spent into oblvion and an American billionaire came in to stop them dropping to their natural level.

When he had enough propping them up they dropped to their natural level and now mega-riches are coming in to stop them staying there.

All whilst we are held back, deliberately by our owner and slowly dying as a result.

Exactly. These f*ckers have the brass neck to say they are an unlucky bunch, yet they have now had three multi, multi-million pound takeovers in the last 13 years, with their last rich owner graciously writing off all of their massive debt. They are amongst the jammiest bastards in the game.

Exactly. These f*ckers have the brass neck to say they are an unlucky bunch, yet they have now had three multi, multi-million pound takeovers in the last 13 years, with their last rich owner graciously writing off all of their massive debt. They are amongst the jammiest bastards in the game.

True dat. Going back a little further, they also had a large amount for the building of the SOL paid for from council/ government funding. It was no coincidence that they had their most successful league campaigns in 50 years in the next few seasons.

Be all to do with Ricksen anyway (RIP)

From what I’ve ever gathered from RTG they have some proper link with Feyenoord, the Rangers thing is predictably just the sectarian stuff Chelsea and Miwaw have.

They’ll never be a man city etc so it’ll be interesting whether they could sustain PL mid table with their s*** revenue

Leicester managed, and are a smaller club.

A set of stars aligned that season in regard to all the "big" clubs being in some form of transition or upheaval that is unlikely to happen again anytime soon.

You mackems really are a blindly optimistic bunch and always go a bit silly whenever anyone from the outside world takes an interest in you but just to dampen your excitement and dreams of imminent glory for a moment, ask yourselves why these billionaire investors have chosen to spend coppers on a cheap purchase rather than a ready made top club ? 

The investment needed to get from a squad of players and coaches who wouldn't make Championship reserves to being a successful premier league club is several hundred million so why not just spend it now ?

There's a reason why these people have never invested in sports franchises before and why they've bought a corner shop rather than a top brand.

You're a strangely excitable bunch and moving on from the Don should be viewed as some kind of progress, even if it's little different to the numerous other lower league clubs who have seen investment from various "gazillionaires", but realistically you should probably be concerning yourselves more with what your going to do with your increasingly unpopular manager and a squad who can't put a run together in the third division rather than dreaming about winning the Premier League.

Leicester are a much bigger club than you  :lol:

A set of stars aligned that season in regard to all the "big" clubs being in some form of transition or upheaval that is unlikely to happen again anytime soon.

You mackems really are a blindly optimistic bunch and always go a bit silly whenever anyone from the outside world takes an interest in you but just to dampen your excitement and dreams of imminent glory for a moment, ask yourselves why these billionaire investors have chosen to spend coppers on a cheap purchase rather than a ready made top club ? 

The investment needed to get from a squad of players and coaches who wouldn't make Championship reserves to being a successful premier league club is several hundred million so why not just spend it now ?

There's a reason why these people have never invested in sports franchises before and why they've bought a corner shop rather than a top brand.

You're a strangely excitable bunch and moving on from the Don should be viewed as some kind of progress, even if it's little different to the numerous other lower league clubs who have seen investment from various "gazillionaires", but realistically you should probably be concerning yourselves more with what your going to do with your increasingly unpopular manager and a squad who can't put a run together in the third division rather than dreaming about winning the Premier League.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-takeover-hysteria-overdrive-16340968

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-takeover-hysteria-overdrive-16340968

Areet marra?