Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

What’s this absolute shite with everyone wishing them good luck? Personally hope this new group are worse than Ashley and they plummet even further. Probably won’t happen but can still hope

Totally agree, some fuckers need to give their heads a wobble.

They are a bang average league 1 side man the way some people on here are going on youd think they will be a top 4 team in 3 years. Takeover or not they arent going to be anywhere near the premier league for a while

Stop fucking panicking man they will still be in league 1 next season

Will be interesting to see what they do. Given their combined wealth why take on Sunderland when for relatively not much more they could have taken over much better placed, comparable or bigger clubs? They could conceivably be investing at Sunderland’s lowest ebb and sell at a profit when they get back to the PL which I suppose could make them £150M or so between them but that would involve quite an investment in players.

If they’re looking to invest in the area and make money there then it’d be great for the Sunderland area and they could become a bit of problem as a club.

Will be interesting to see what they do. Given their combined wealth why take on Sunderland when for relatively not much more they could have taken over much better placed, comparable or bigger clubs? They could conceivably be investing at Sunderland’s lowest ebb and sell at a profit when they get back to the PL which I suppose could make them £150M or so between them but that would involve quite an investment in players.

If they’re looking to invest in the area and make money there then it’d be great for the Sunderland area and they could become a bit of problem as a club.

To get them to and sustain as a top half premier league team will require 500m plus investment over a period of 5 to 10 years...cant see it myself look how much Everton, Leicester and West Ham have spent recently to no avail

It's all going to depend on them going up. As things stand, they're still a League One side. They'll have a bigger budget - and be able to afford higher salaries - than anyone else in the league but there's still a limit on who they can attract.

If this new mob have immediate ambition, you'd think they'll bin off Ross and his staff as soon as possible and pay over the odds for a manager who might be prepared to drop down and take them back up.

Next season will be interesting if they get promoted. Again they'll have money, but are still a second-tier team. Wolves obviously built up a link with Jorge Mendes which was key in them being able to bring in players who were above Championship level. I still think sunderland would need to do similar if they're essentially going to buy their way to promotion.

There is a ceiling as to what an owner can do with Sunderland. It's not a rich area so even if they were a great Premier League team the owner couldn't charge a lot for season tickets and expect to fill the ground. If they could persuade superstar players to sign for them those players would be unlikely to live in Sunderland (maybe they could set up that London training ground their fans mention as a way of getting good players). Unless the new owners have previously undisclosed Mackem roots they will expect a return on their investment. One Mackem I talked to made me laugh. He wanted to buy shares in Dell as "when Sunderland get back to the Premier League the Dell shares will go up in value" (anyway he can't buy shares as Dell is a private company not listed on the stock market).

It's all going to depend on them going up. As things stand, they're still a League One side. They'll have a bigger budget - and be able to afford higher salaries - than anyone else in the league but there's still a limit on who they can attract.

If this new mob have immediate ambition, you'd think they'll bin off Ross and his staff as soon as possible and pay over the odds for a manager who might be prepared to drop down and take them back up.

Next season will be interesting if they get promoted. Again they'll have money, but are still a second-tier team. Wolves obviously built up a link with Jorge Mendes which was key in them being able to bring in players who were above Championship level. I still think sunderland would need to do similar if they're essentially going to buy their way to promotion.

They’ll start next season £8m down regardless like so there’s money they’ll to put in to cover the drop in marrachewt payments.

Exciting times for them anyway and it’ll mean it’s even funnier when they get ahead of themselves and fuck it up.

What’s this absolute shite with everyone wishing them good luck? Personally hope this new group are worse than Ashley and they plummet even further. Probably won’t happen but can still hope

:thup:

Never been arsed with the 'we're all part of the same region' brigade. Try telling that to their fans.

I've never had strong feelings about Sunderland TBH, they've been mostly irrelevant in my lifetime.

I wouldn't wish what we have on any set of football fans, everyone deserves a club that tries. That's my main reason for 'wishing them well', if it even counts as that.

I wouldn’t wish them anything but misery.

However I do miss the derbies, it was a big part of my life growing up, most times we took the puss out of them .

Recently, as they will always let you know, we have done shite, that coincides with the Ashley era, something else to hate the cunt for  :lol:.

I’ve got no idea who has taken them over but I fully expect the way they are going on to win the PL in 5 years time having all this money.

Watching that fail should be funny as, until then they are in the 3rd division, struggling to beat Rotherham at home still.Fuck em

If Dell was that interested in them why didn’t he just buy them outright by himself?  ???

Yeah I’m a bit confused by that.

There’ll be some money put in but I think they’re underestimating the amount to get them competing at a decent PL level.

They’ll never be a man city etc so it’ll be interesting whether they could sustain PL mid table with their shit revenue