Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

A 6 year deal in 2015, wtf

No doubt it would have been not long after they beat us

Absolutely staggering incompetence that mind.....his legs are shot now, just imagine him in 3 years time.

I literally can't breathe through laughing.

He's going to be absolutely horrific, he was useless this season, struggled to get anywhere near the ball.

Guest Howaythetoon

Reflecting on the 6 in a row, it obviously hurt me, but only during the actual 90 minutes. Afterwards I was more numb and more angry about the fact we still had Ashley as owner and Pardew as manager, the real architects of those losses and not Sunderland themselves. In a perverse way I was actually hoping a defeat to them lot would hasten Pardew’s demise.

If someone ofred me 6 in a row against them, but Ashley and Pardew will remain for years and years I’d choose 6 defeats in a row all day long.

Unlike the mackems whose whole identity, culture and meaning is based on Newcastle United and how well we do or more importantly to them how well we don’t do, for NUFC fans the Derby is just a fixture. Yes one we would all like to win, but it never had and never will define us as it obviously has done and always will with them.

Anyway, they have their 6 in a row, league one football, cookie as manager, Cats on another 3 year deal and Rodwell. We have Rafa, PL football, full gates every week, a team of players to be proud of and that’s just our club even with Ashley as owner. As fans we have always stood by our team, good and bad, thick and thin, too loyal for me. Fans regarded the world over as passionate, loyal, friendly, knowledeable and admired. Even among those that believe or buy into the deluded Geordies nonsense.

And our City, well, to throw that in would be very unfair and cruel even as it would be like comparing a Ferrari to a Fiat. Needless to say, fans visiting the stadium of light try and spend as little there as possible, visiting our fair city instead. Even employers of the mackems won’t be seen dead there unless it’s match day and even then given the last few seasons it appears they’ve not turned up even for matches.

Let them wallow in self pity and bask in the glory of beating us 6 times in a row, a feat so monumental it has helped them to the dizzy heights of league one football for only the second time in their history. Enjoy mackems :lol:

Some big clubs who've went that way and not come back. They look at Leicester, Wolves & Southampton for solice but for everyone of those there's a Leeds, Sheff Wed or Nottingham Forest who are all bigger clubs or similar.

Could see them doing a Charlton tbh and being stuck down there a while.

Cattermole has 3 years left, my god that's amazing :lol:

Rodwell without a relegation clause I knew about, but still: :lol:

I just can't stop laughing about it all. The way it happened on Saturday was just perfect as well.

- Calling it a pub league when we went down then dying on their arse in the same league we won

- Saying "Enjoy Burton" to us but then playing them in a relegation 6-pointer themselves

- Going 1-0 up giving them hope

- The equaliser by the man who's mother they racially abused

- The stoppage-time winner

- The disallowed goal

- Not realising they were down for about 20 minutes afterwards

It was just utterly superb, if I'd written a script for it I couldn't have done half as good a job as reality did.

Guest firetotheworks

And the upcoming possibility that an in form player their local rivals saw as surplus to requirements (despite being desperate for a striker) could score against them.

Does he have a relegation clause?

It’s unclear if the relegation clauses in their contracts extend to all leagues or just relegation from the PL, I’ve had a look around and cant see any confirmation.

That said, Rodwell didn’t even have a clause from the PL :lol: So he’ll be sat on full whack next season unless they can shift him.

Just found this...

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2018/3/29/17175194/jack-rodwell-contract-revealed-what-the-forgotten-sunderland-man-is-set-to-earn-next-season

Which suggests that Rodwell's pay cut was delayed a year, meaning he got his full £70k/week in the champo, but next season, it would be cut by 40% whichever league there were in (Chmpo or L1).

That still equates to roughly £40k/week though for him next season, in League 1.  :iamatwat:

Sunderland’s relegation to League One means their share of the television money will be slashed by 98 per cent in the space of two seasons.

The Black Cats picked up £93.4m from the Premier League last season, of which £74.4m was made up of their share of the domestic and overseas TV rights, with the remainder coming from facility fees, merit money, and central commercial deals.

This season, Sunderland received around £7m from the TV deal, and next term in League One that sum will be cut to just under £1.5m.

That reduction in income reflects the fact that Sky broadcast only around 20 games from League One and League Two over the course of the season.

In addition, highlights from the Championship and Leagues One and Two are set to be broadcast on freeview channel Quest next season, having been screened by Channel Five for the last three seasons.

Details of the presenting team and the time of the show have yet to be announced.

Some of the financial pain of dropping out of the Premier League has been offset by a parachute payment of just under £41m this season, and next season they will receive another £33.5m.

Quest ?

Reflecting on the 6 in a row, it obviously hurt me, but only during the actual 90 minutes. Afterwards I was more numb and more angry about the fact we still had Ashley as owner and Pardew as manager, the real architects of those losses and not Sunderland themselves. In a perverse way I was actually hoping a defeat to them lot would hasten Pardew’s demise.

If someone ofred me 6 in a row against them, but Ashley and Pardew will remain for years and years I’d choose 6 defeats in a row all day long.

Unlike the mackems whose whole identity, culture and meaning is based on Newcastle United and how well we do or more importantly to them how well we don’t do, for NUFC fans the Derby is just a fixture. Yes one we would all like to win, but it never had and never will define us as it obviously has done and always will with them.

Anyway, they have their 6 in a row, league one football, cookie as manager, Cats on another 3 year deal and Rodwell. We have Rafa, PL football, full gates every week, a team of players to be proud of and that’s just our club even with Ashley as owner. As fans we have always stood by our team, good and bad, thick and thin, too loyal for me. Fans regarded the world over as passionate, loyal, friendly, knowledeable and admired. Even among those that believe or buy into the deluded Geordies nonsense.

And our City, well, to throw that in would be very unfair and cruel even as it would be like comparing a Ferrari to a Fiat. Needless to say, fans visiting the stadium of light try and spend as little there as possible, visiting our fair city instead. Even employers of the mackems won’t be seen dead there unless it’s match day and even then given the last few seasons it appears they’ve not turned up even for matches.

Let them wallow in self pity and bask in the glory of beating us 6 times in a row, a feat so monumental it has helped them to the dizzy heights of league one football for only the second time in their history. Enjoy mackems :lol:

Losing 6 in a row was softened by the fact it was mostly during Pardew's time here and the blame could be rightfully shifted to him. I was wanting us to lose most of our games by the end, although I'd rather have won the derbies. Useless cunt.

Yeah, that really. Hard to be too pissed at losing the derbies when most weeks I was wanting the opposition to score anyway. :lol:

Obviously it was bad and I'd rather it hadn't happened, but I can't say it hurt for more than a day each time and it wasn't made any worse by being a sequence of 6. To me, they were just individual matches. And it's such a non-event now that I find it hilarious that this is what they're clinging to.

The defeats in the Derby hurt, even for days after and I hate Pardew to this day for making the 6 in a row possible BUT would I given the chance to eradicate the 6 in a row swap places with them? Never in a million years, ultimately our existence/success isn't defined by them BUT they can't say the same.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/sunderland-fans-are-too-soft.1427931/

This thread is littered with comments like this

because all the skunk protests achieved so much ?

They constantly protest against Ashley (funnily enough, not at the moment) and he's still there.

All their shit crack has changed not a thing. All the good stuff they've had recently is down to Ashley not their embarrassing funerals etc

The thick cunts mustn't realise Ashley has overseen yet another successful season for them whilst their numerous demonstrations have mounted to absolutely fuck all.

If they really think our protests didn't influence a single thing well you can probably file that second to the 'not wanting to look like a mag' in their ridiculous reasons why they don't do anything.

They constantly protest against Ashley (funnily enough, not at the moment) and he's still there.

All their shit crack has changed not a thing. All the good stuff they've had recently is down to Ashley not their embarrassing funerals etc

The thick cunts mustn't realise Ashley has overseen yet another successful season for them whilst their numerous demonstrations have mounted to absolutely fuck all.

If they really think our protests didn't influence a single thing well you can probably file that second to the 'not wanting to look like a mag' in their ridiculous reasons why they don't do anything.

To be fair, they’re only regurgitating the shit that is peddled in the media.

Since I've been old enough to properly understand football, if we take a scale of 0-10 for shitness to greatness, the couple of instances we've been at an 8, they've been at a 3, when we've been at a 3, they've mainly been at a 3 too (couple of years here apart).

At the minute we're around a 6, they're at 1.

Even the most deluded or head in the sand Sunderland fan wouldn't take a losing final, countless relegation scraps, being up to their eyes in debt but still cling on to 6 in a row surely man. :lol:

Guest Open_C

Person at work today saying that this relegation was bad for the north east in general since it’ll probably hurt he local economy with not as many fans coming to the region next season.

Shame on Sunderland for being so fucking shit then

Person at work today saying that this relegation was bad for the north east in general since it’ll probably hurt he local economy with not as many fans coming to the region next season.

:lol: I've lived and worked outside the NE. Never once been in an office where the conversation's gone something like:

WBCP: "Up to owt at the weekend then, Sharon?

Sharon: "Yeah, since you ask. My husband, the kids and I are off to Sunderland. We looked on TripAdvisor and saw there's got a big swimming pool and a glass centre. It looks good to eat there, too. They've got a Greggs next door to another Greggs! We're so excited!"

To be fair, they’re only regurgitating the shit that is peddled in the media.

They claim Ashley as a successful owner of Newcastle United because the mediocrity that the fat cunt loves so much, taking 17th place in the PL season after season, just making up the numbers to claim the TV money and Sports Direct exposure is something they'd love as long as they beat us in derbies. It shows really the difference in the 2 clubs, that we want to strive for more, push the club onto great things which it has done in the recent past. Whilst they would love 17th place in the PL as long as they "beat the mags".