Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/sunderland-to-be-out-of-football-league-before-britain-is-out-of-eu-20180424147919  :lol:

SUNDERLAND’S relegation to League One means there is a good chance they will have left the Football League before Britain leaves the EU, it has been confirmed.

Experts stressed the current status of the Brexit talks could see Britain still a member of the EU while the club from the Brexit-voting city finds itself in the northern division of a conference.

Professor Henry Brubaker said: “The people of Sunderland, being such huge fans of leaving things, could end up making a ‘Hard Flexit’, thereby setting a wonderful example for the rest of the country.

“And while Britain will be struggling to sign a free trade deal with the EU, Sunderland will be struggling to sign a 34-year-old full back on loan from Gateshead.”

Martin Bishop, a Leave voter and Sunderland season ticket holder, added: “I have no idea why I make the choices I make in life.”

:lol::lol:

Would it not be better for any potential investors to allow the mackems to go bust before they buy them?

That way they’d effectively pick up an empty shell of a club with no debt attached?

Cant imagine picking up a L1 side with £120m+ worth of debt and rising is going to be attractive for anyone.

Probably just read the Guardian article  :lol:

He would have to have been living under a rock f that's the first time he heard about their problem, not sure why everyone is salivating over that Macken bint, she's not shone any further light on anything, it's just repeating what we all knew ages ago. They have debt to the owner and to the bank and the have big wages, it's hardly illuminating stuff.

wonder what short is expecting realistically in terms of the debt owed to him?  if it was me the best you could hope for would surely be give the club away but they take on the bank debt and his own loan to the club stays interest free until they're back in the prem and then repayable on very favourable terms

i mean that's as good as it'll get for him surely?

Probably just read the Guardian article  :lol:

He would have to have been living under a rock f that's the first time he heard about their problem, not sure why everyone is salivating over that Macken bint, she's not shone any further light on anything, it's just repeating what we all knew ages ago. They have debt to the owner and to the bank and the have big wages, it's hardly illuminating stuff.

Fuck me aren't you a happy chap.

wonder what short is expecting realistically in terms of the debt owed to him?  if it was me the best you could hope for would surely be give the club away but they take on the bank debt and his own loan to the club stays interest free until they're back in the prem and then repayable on very favourable terms

i mean that's as good as it'll get for him surely?

It's probably the crux of the problem in terms of selling the club. If I'm a buyer, I'm not paying 130 million or so for a L1 club, which is what paying nothing for it equates to based on the financials of over a year ago. That's also an interesting issue. They've spent nothing , and raked in a decent wedge for Pickford, surely some of that external debt has been paid off. So it might not be as bad as is being reported right now. They could use the TV money they got in their last (hopefully final) year in the PL, this year's parachute payment and next year's, to easily pay off that external debt.  If Short is willing to cover the wages and other costs by supplementing the pathetic gate receipts and merchandising sales, they can be external debt free. That would significantly increase internal debt to Short of course, but it's an easier negotiation.

What is a fair price to pay for a L1 club that has the potential to get back to the promised land of the PL eventually, with a large stadium and by all accounts a decent training complex ? 50 million ?

Sunderland takeover: Adam Pearson consortium ends interest

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43881315

Another nail in the coffin...

Wonder if the consortium was the one trying to get Eastleigh FC's owner to invest with them?

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/16178579.stewart-donald-plays-down-sunderland-link/

Totalsport played a clip of him being interviewed last night about it.

Tall ships event at Sunderland has been cancelled this year following a loss of some of the ships.

They include both the Premier Ship And the Champion Ship

Get your coat dude... :)

Tall ships event at Sunderland has been cancelled this year following a loss of some of the ships.

They include both the Premier Ship And the Champion Ship

Get your coat dude... :)

:lol:  aye, all blame duly taken for sharing shite.

Guest chicken little

thought best post this in here and laugh, rather than in the ashley thread and get riled.