Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

From the Coventry forum:

''In the whole of 2017, Sunderland took the lead three times in home league games. The first time, against Bolton, it lasted three minutes and within 10 minutes they were behind. The second time, against Millwall, it lasted four minutes and within eight minutes they were behind. The third time, against Fulham, the goal came after 77 minutes and Sunderland held on. They were ahead for 20 minutes at home in an entire year.''

No wonder they can't get a crowd!

The ongoing "our fans" myth is quite puzzling. Mind it's not just them who spout it, even on here and more generally in the press the mythical great support or large fan base is sometimes referred to.

Of course relegation and an awful home record are going to have an impact on most clubs but have any other club's fans deserted their team so quickly and in such huge numbers before ? 

While the self congratulating and back slapping continues they have lost twenty odd thousand attendees in barely a couple of years, when their adulation of Fat Sam and his bunch of mercenaries was blinding them with thoughts of top half finishes. But the reality was that even then, season after season, they had the stadium with the most empty seats in the league, couldn't even fill it with freebies and only ever got near to selling out once a year when Newcastle came to town.

This season even when their team desperately needed them in crucial relegation away fixtures (e.g. Reading recently) they failed to back their club and got nowhere near selling out their allocations.

Their very own Tom Cowie called them out as fickle when he was in control of the club many years ago and really nothing has changed since.

From the comments

Like a chod with too much fat, S*nderland have been a difficult turd to flush. Each season, the premier league pulled the handle, and this bunch of man utd rejects swirled, bobbed and then reappeared with sweetcorn eyes and tomato skin hair, continuing to stink out the place with their dreadful dreadful football. If any club deserves to get relegated, and relegated again, and again, it's this team of perpetual failures; whether it be breaking records for least points scored, deplorable football, appalling support of paedophiles, fascists and closet racists, or just generally being twats. Good riddance and I hope they finally sink down the leagues

:lol:

From the comments

Like a chod with too much fat, S*nderland have been a difficult turd to flush. Each season, the premier league pulled the handle, and this bunch of man utd rejects swirled, bobbed and then reappeared with sweetcorn eyes and tomato skin hair, continuing to stink out the place with their dreadful dreadful football. If any club deserves to get relegated, and relegated again, and again, it's this team of perpetual failures; whether it be breaking records for least points scored, deplorable football, appalling support of paedophiles, fascists and closet racists, or just generally being twats. Good riddance and I hope they finally sink down the leagues

Sweetcorn eyes and tomato skin hair, ffs :lol:

From the comments

:lol: :lol:

The ongoing "our fans" myth is quite puzzling. Mind it's not just them who spout it, even on here and more generally in the press the mythical great support or large fan base is sometimes referred to.

Of course relegation and an awful home record are going to have an impact on most clubs but have any other club's fans deserted their team so quickly and in such huge numbers before ? 

While the self congratulating and back slapping continues they have lost twenty odd thousand attendees in barely a couple of years, when their adulation of Fat Sam and his bunch of mercenaries was blinding them with thoughts of top half finishes. But the reality was that even then, season after season, they had the stadium with the most empty seats in the league, couldn't even fill it with freebies and only ever got near to selling out once a year when Newcastle came to town.

This season even when their team desperately needed them in crucial relegation away fixtures (e.g. Reading recently) they failed to back their club and got nowhere near selling out their allocations.

Their very own Tom Cowie called them out as fickle when he was in control of the club many years ago and really nothing has changed since.

There was only around 20k at their home game v Derby on the opening weekend of the season and that was before they knew how it would all pan out.

Their fans have been as bad as their team this season.

From the comments

That's a quality summary. ;D

Guest Howaythetoon

Was listening to the radio the other day and they were talking to a mackem who has been going since 1939 and they asked him if he enjoyed the matches and he just laughed, but in a sad kind of way. He said he enjoys the build-up to games, but nothing else. Bloke was almost in tears and said he's too old now to just give up on them as its his life these days.

Said if he was a young 'un he wouldn't waste his time with them. Felt sorry for him if I'm honest and do feel for fans like him. They are our rivals but the heart and soul has been ripped out of their club by wealthy people who simply don't care from the owner to former managers and countless players past and present. The government and FA need to do something to prevent all clubs becoming some kind of play thing to be abandoned. Fans need proper representation at boardroom level and no one individual or entity should be able to own more than 40% of a club because a football club really is the heartbeat of the community.

That said, the mackems haven't fought for their club, they haven't protested and they haven't turned up either. They've just accepted things. Its hard to fight someone who basically owns the club and who would want x amount of money for it and therefore there isn't much fans can do to remove these parasites. However SackPardew and Ashley Out turned an otherwise friendly and biased media against Pardew and Ashley and forced those at the club to take a look at themselves and kind of be accountable. So fans can make an impact.

I'm 100% certain without Sack Pardew he would still be our manager (the mackems would probably still be in the PL as those 6 points come in handy...) and I'm certain Ashley Out had an effect on Ashley. Rafa now has full control of the club if not the kitty and I believe him wanting to sell is now genuine and partly because of Ashley Out who he now knows will crank it back up if he fucks up again.

Any time you feel the remotest bit of sympathy for, just remind yourself how they've conducted themselves in the preceding years. Personally I wouldn't shed a tear if they went out of business never to return again.

Guest Howaythetoon

Any time you feel the remotest bit of sympathy for, just remind yourself how they've conducted themselves in the preceding years. Personally I wouldn't shed a tear if they went out of business never to return again.

I only really feel for people like the bloke I mentioned who was on the radio.