Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Once this takeover goes ahead, these cunts just as relevant to us as Hartlepool. Their tiny chimp brains just won't be able to take it. The whole town deserves it simply because they pin their entire social identity on a piss-poor football team and then wonder why they're bitter, depressed and angry all the time.

When any of our fans are asked about them in the future we should just belly laugh like the fucking Monopoly man and simply reply, "who?"

Couple of Newcastle lads stirred them in to a 30 page frenzy yesterday in their NUFC thread. Not holding back in the arse licking way a few of their resident ‘mags’ normally do. Proper salty tears everywhere.  :lol:

Once this takeover goes ahead, these cunts just as relevant to us as Hartlepool. Their tiny chimp brains just won't be able to take it. The whole town deserves it simply because they pin their entire social identity on a piss-poor football team and then wonder why they're bitter, depressed and angry all the time.

When any of our fans are asked about them in the future we should just belly laugh like the fucking Monopoly man and simply reply, "who?"

I do that anyway tbh

Guest Carrick18

This piece was floating around on Twitter last night.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/paul-reid-opens-sunderland-academys-challenges-his-key-plans-and-crucial-category-one-decision-1393034

On the one hand, Charlie Methven says the piss-take party is over and the club is striving towards the Dortmund model. And yet, they're selling any promising youngster at the first opportunity and their youth teams didn't win a single game all season. They're right to want rid of Stewart Donald and Methven, but even a cursory glance at the financials suggest it's going to take a massive and time-consuming overhaul to get them back on their feet. Even if they do go up this year FFP I wouldn't put a pound on Phil Parkinson keeping them up.

Dark times ahead.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/paul-reid-opens-sunderland-academys-challenges-his-key-plans-and-crucial-category-one-decision-1393034

On the one hand, Charlie Methven says the piss-take party is over and the club is striving towards the Dortmund model. And yet, they're selling any promising youngster at the first opportunity and their youth teams didn't win a single game all season. They're right to want rid of Stewart Donald and Methven, but even a cursory glance at the financials suggest it's going to take a massive and time-consuming overhaul to get them back on their feet. Even if they do go up this year FFP I wouldn't put a pound on Phil Parkinson keeping them up.

Dark times ahead.

Their U18s & U23s combined this season:

P34 W0 D1 L33 F28 A120 Pts 1

Surely they'd be better off opting out of the Premier League Academy leagues and going into something more their level? Their kids can't be gaining anything from this.

Guest Carrick18

On the one hand, Charlie Methven says the p*ss-take party is over and the club is striving towards the Dortmund model. And yet, they're selling any promising youngster at the first opportunity and their youth teams didn't win a single game all season. They're right to want rid of Stewart Donald and Methven, but even a cursory glance at the financials suggest it's going to take a massive and time-consuming overhaul to get them back on their feet. Even if they do go up this year FFP I wouldn't put a pound on Phil Parkinson keeping them up.

Dark times ahead.

Surely they'd be better off opting out of the Premier League Academy leagues and going into something more their level? Their kids can't be gaining anything from this.

You're right, but the problem is they fought very hard for Category 1 status.

If they go from Category 1 to Category 2, their compensation entitlement for a young player drops from £40k for each year he was with them to £25k. That might sound like a small amount in isolation, but for a club at their level it quickly adds up. The talk is this latest prospect is only going for £200k, which is surprisingly low given he's playing U23 football (and scoring) at 16-years-old.

On the one hand, Charlie Methven says the p*ss-take party is over and the club is striving towards the Dortmund model. And yet, they're selling any promising youngster at the first opportunity and their youth teams didn't win a single game all season. They're right to want rid of Stewart Donald and Methven, but even a cursory glance at the financials suggest it's going to take a massive and time-consuming overhaul to get them back on their feet. Even if they do go up this year FFP I wouldn't put a pound on Phil Parkinson keeping them up.

Dark times ahead.

Dark times for who  :lol:

Dark times ahead.

If they go from Category 1 to Category 2, their compensation entitlement for a young player drops from £40k for each year he was with them to £25k. That might sound like a small amount in isolation, but for a club at their level it quickly adds up. The talk is this latest prospect is only going for £200k, which is surprisingly low given he's playing U23 football (and scoring) at 16-years-old.

Thought You couldn’t take players from cat 1? If so These lot are willingly selling them, not being paid in compensation fees.

Cat 1 costs them £2-3m a year. If true, Best scrapping it and putting those funds in to the 1st team.

Could be wrong on both 5hose points, it’s based on stuff I read years ago.

Guest Carrick18

Dark times ahead.

Thought You couldn’t take players from cat 1? If so These lot are willingly selling them, not being paid in compensation fees.

Cat 1 costs them £2-3m a year. If true, Best scrapping it and putting those funds in to the 1st team.

As I understood it, the only limitations are on at what age you can sign players, but before that age threshold, you need to be at an academy within 90 minutes drive from home.

When it comes to signing players at a certain age Category One clubs have the most flexibility, i.e. they can sign players from other academies at a younger age. The lower your status the longer you have to wait.

In this instance, it's being claimed Sunderland will get an initial £200k. That was the same fee Aston Villa received when Danny Crowley went to Arsenal. He hadn't agreed a pro-contract, so Villa were only entitled to a set fee of £200k. It said he had rejected Sunderland's offer, and realistically if he's as good as they say it's in their interest to sign him up then sell him. They'll get further money based on Premier League appearances and any potential transfers, but it won't be a lot.

You are right about the costing of a Category One academy, and there are stipulations relating to staffing numbers and support you give to the players.

Dark times ahead.

As I understood it, the only limitations are on at what age you can sign players, but before that age threshold, you need to be at an academy within 90 minutes drive from home.

When it comes to signing players at a certain age Category One clubs have the most flexibility, i.e. they can sign players from other academies at a younger age. The lower your status the longer you have to wait.

In this instance, it's being claimed Sunderland will get an initial £200k. That was the same fee Aston Villa received when Danny Crowley went to Arsenal. He hadn't agreed a pro-contract, so Villa were only entitled to a set fee of £200k. It said he had rejected Sunderland's offer, and realistically if he's as good as they say it's in their interest to sign him up then sell him. They'll get further money based on Premier League appearances and any potential transfers, but it won't be a lot.

You are right about the costing of a Category One academy, and there are stipulations relating to staffing numbers and support you give to the players.

Nice clarification, cheers.

I also thought we were C2, did we finally push for C1 under Ashley? Must have missed that.

Guest Carrick18

Dark times ahead.

Nice clarification, cheers.

I also thought we were C2, did we finally push for C1 under Ashley? Must have missed that.

We were, but we got our act together around 2014. Better late than never.

Guest chopey

It's ok, she was only dropping off some cans of lager and she loves having affairs but he just keeps taking her back, nothing to see here.

Guest chopey

One of my Makem mates is obsessed with the story about Mike lending them the money to pay for the deal he's convinced its fake.

Guest Carrick18

I would assume they've opted to sell him to Man Utd given that fee is higher than what they'd get from compensation (which is around £170k). It likely says one of two things; either they don't think he's THAT good and spot a quick buck, or they're absolutely desperate for money and a penny in hand is worth more to them than a pound next week.

They've delayed publishing their accounts and when those drop I think you'll see just how deep the damage runs.