Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

I’ve been watching the Sunderland death show and I’ve got to say it’s fantastic, if I wasn’t a Newcastle fan I would be full of sympathy for them. These shows only really work when they’re full of tragedy and dysfunction and they struck gold with Sunderland. Not filming a 3rd season seems like a poor decision.

Even in their parlous state, they're a club with a decent set up and relatively large fanbase, so there's always a chance a wealthy and ambitious foreign owner might take a chance on them. We all know Ashley doesn't do the ambition part, so it's a yes from me.

From where the scum are now, any buyer would need to put in a minimum of £150m to get them into the PL then another £150m to get them stable there. Can't believe they are even worth £20m currently.

Ashley and his tatty brand would be a perfect fit in chickentown. He would end up a legend there. It wouldn't  take much at all to keep them happy and be hero worshipped

I disagree.

They were not happy with Murray when he owned them and had them mid table in the Premier League, they went down and he sold to Quinn via administration. They started having a go at Quinn when his ambition was to stabilise for a while. He sold to Short and they were not happy with him just being happy to stay in the Premier League before they went down. As soon as they lost the Checkatrade trophy and the play off final they turned on Donald.

If Ashley (or anyone else) got them into the Championship they won’t be happy if they don’t do a Sheffield United or Wolves like quick bounce into the Premier League. If they did that then they wouldn’t be happy being in a relegation battle. You also have to look at that RTG thread and look at how many fans are now turning around and saying actually they wouldn’t want him at Sunderland.

This unhappiness would be a quicker process if we are successful or competing towards the top of the Premier League.

Unless Sunderland got promoted this season then Ashley isn’t buying them. They are too far away from potentially reaching the Premier League.

There is plenty of their fans and ours saying he would do this to spite our fans. I don’t think he would. He honestly doesn’t care that much. If our takeover goes through, then buying Sunderland wouldn’t spite us because he won’t be able to put enough money into them to make them compete at the same level as us to generate a situation where it would spite us, even then he knows that the vast majority of our fans would not be spited by him owning them, but joyed.

Him buying Sunderland only makes sense if they are in the Championship with the ability to be promoted to the riches of the Premier League. If they were in the Championship, then with the size of the stadium they have, and the quality of the training ground and academy they have, they would likely be the best option for anyone wanting to buy a Championship team with the target of getting promoted to the Premier League.

Only then does it make sense for Ashley buying them.

Yup, can’t see Ashley owning the mackems being anything other than a complete disaster - especially if we are successful. It would take a season before they’re calling him “Agent Mike” (while we wet ourselves at that notion)

I’ve been watching the Sunderland death show and I’ve got to say it’s fantastic, if I wasn’t a Newcastle fan I would be full of sympathy for them. These shows only really work when they’re full of tragedy and dysfunction and they struck gold with Sunderland. Not filming a 3rd season seems like a poor decision.

Not sure where it’s came from that they aren’t doing a 3rd season. My mate from uni who’s a season ticket holder for them has been approached by them, and his mates have all done footage for them this season.

"We're not filming at the moment," Turner said. "We wanted to find a new angle, which we couldn't quite do. When Sunderland win the Champions League, we'll be there. Hopefully a bit before then."

Leo explained: "We've not been following them this season, no. We felt like... well, who knows, if they'd got promotion then maybe there would've been a story to tell."

They're at the lowest point in their entire history, from day 1, they've never been this far down the league ladder. They're absolutely potless, they've got a squad without a single quality player, an owner most of them fucking despise, no source of revenue coming in, negligible sponsorship and they've just appointed Scunthorpe's underperforming CEO.

6 in a row? Sent them down? Aye, the joke's well and truly on us.

They're at the lowest point in their entire history, from day 1, they've never been this far down the league ladder. They're absolutely potless, they've got a squad without a single quality player, an owner most of them fucking despise, no source of revenue coming in, negligible sponsorship and they've just appointed Scunthorpe's underperforming CEO.

We played our part in keeping them up season after season, inflicting further damage as they chased 17th place every season. When we finally weren’t there to help them they fell and kept falling. Had they fallen sooner like they should have they would have stood a much better chance at bouncing back. They talk about sending us down when really we played a key part in their downfall which continues to this day.

When we become the richest club in the world it will literally kill some of them.  :lol:

Yes, I have thought the same that if Sunderland had gone down 2-3-4 years earlier they would have been in a good position to bounce back up.  But as they continued to mortgage their future year-on-year in a desperate attempt to stay up they dug a deeper and deeper hole.  That's the funniest part of their current plight - they did it to themselves.

Their trophy cabinet of Six-in-a-Row and We-Relegated-Them just sums up their attitude.  Well, that and their desperate attempts to credit Sunderland for Jordan Henderson almost winning the league. 

They really put the "Sad" in SMB  ;D

Yes, I have thought the same that if Sunderland had gone down 2-3-4 years earlier they would have been in a good position to bounce back up.  But as they continued to mortgage their future year-on-year in a desperate attempt to stay up they dug a deeper and deeper hole.  That's the funniest part of their current plight - they did it to themselves.

Their trophy cabinet of Six-in-a-Row and We-Relegated-Them just sums up their attitude.  Well, that and their desperate attempts to credit Sunderland for Jordan Henderson almost winning the league. 

They really put the "Sad" in SMB  ;D

They won the Trafalgar Square trophy twice last season tbf

We played our part in keeping them up season after season, inflicting further damage as they chased 17th place every season. When we finally weren’t there to help them they fell and kept falling. Had they fallen sooner like they should have they would have stood a much better chance at bouncing back. They talk about sending us down when really we played a key part in their downfall which continues to this day.

When we become the richest club in the world it will literally kill some of them.  :lol:

I was going to post just that.

As much as losing the derbies hurt at the time, it did them more damage in the long run.

None of those derby loses hurt us in the long run, the 7th derby where drew and should have won did because had won, then we would have stayed up. In saying that we came straight back up.

None of the 6 resulted in us going down, or losing out on Europe or anything else.

If I was given a chance of winning them or losing them and being in the position that we are now, I’d take losing them and being where we are now.

Outside of this though, they are fucked. They seriously need to how that this season re-starts, because that’s the only hope they will have of going up, even then I think 2 defeats would be enough for them to miss out on the play offs.

If they don’t go up then they will have to sell their players. The half decent promising players will be picked up by clubs around them, or even bigger clubs looking to bolster their squads. What decent players they do have left, will leave. Where that leaves them is anyone’s guess, but I don’t think it will be in any good position.

I don't think many of us would be able to recognise a single one of their players if we passed them in the street which says it all.

Nevermind, they can hope to make the johnstones paint trophy final again one day to drink their warm cans of fosters whilst getting shit on by the pigeons in Trafalgar Square.

Such a small time bunch

Realism certainly starting to bite in over at SMB they are whipping themselves up brilliantly  ;D ;D

Apparently their thread on our takeover is the most looked at thread ever on their forum, and is close to having the most posts ever.

Realism certainly starting to bite in over at SMB they are whipping themselves up brilliantly  ;D ;D

Apparently their thread on our takeover is the most looked at thread ever on their forum, and is close to having the most posts ever.

Most their top threads are. They delete them periodically about us too for the same reason.

Tbf, before the takeover, they were happy enough even though they’re dogshit as they had a near all white English squad of try hards playing kick and rush as per the Bally dream.